Page 196 of 337 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 246 296 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If there is any reasonable way to trade up and get stauskas I would love to see that happen. I love this guys game, feel like his ceiling is a poor mans stef curry. Lights out shooter with lightning fast release, great handles and superb facilitator. I just don't think he'll ever be able to attack the basket or be quite as quick off the draw as Curry, but he's also 6'6. Current mocks have him between 9 and 13.

If not stauskas, my ideal picks are ennis, Anderson, Payne, or mcdaniels.

At 37 I like stokes or GRIII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

"I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game."

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    C.J Wilcox is an ELITE shooter
    And nothing else. He'll likely be available at 37, if you even wanted him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Goodman: Source told me that Elfrid Payton held his own today against Marcus Smart in workout in Sacramento. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf

Jeff Goodman: Toronto Raptors will host Jordan Clarkson and a pair of Canadians tomorrow in Khem Birch and Melvin Ejim, per sources. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

5. Like OptimalOptimist liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ennis falls to us (which it looks like he will)

Does this lineup look nice?

Lowry - Ennis - Colo
    DD - Vasquez - #37/#59 pick?
    Ross - VC - Fields
    Amir - PPatt
    JV - #37/#59 pick?

And when Lowry gets old, after his contract ends, hopefully Ennis can become a starting PG.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to get Inglis at 37, and Baschinsky at 59.

Lowry - Ennis - Colo
    DD - Vasquez - Fields
    Ross - Inglis - VC
    Amir - 2Pat - Minimum deal FA
    JV - Baschinksy - Hayes
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

8. Like octothorp liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Clarkson another athletic PG. Had a great start to start the year and fell off cause of news of his father being diagnosed with cancer.

Chad Ford's thoughts

May 22 Update: Clarkson provides a bit more sizzle. He measured 6-5 with a 6-8 wingspan at the draft combine and produced some of the best athletic testing numbers of anyone there (38.5-inch max vertical, a 10.79 lane agility score, a 2.98 shuttle run and a 3.28 three-quarter court sprint). As far as size and athletic abilities go, Clarkson is one of the best point guard prospects in the draft. The questions scouts have had surround his jump shot and his position. Clarkson started the season shooting the ball well, but his shooting plummeted in the second half of the season. Is he the shooter from the first half or the second half of the year? At both the combine and at the drills I saw on Tuesday, he looked like the shooter from the first half. Clarkson was one of the top shooters at the combine and it carried over to Tuesday where he really couldn't miss from anywhere on the floor. He has a nice shooting motion and great range on his shot. Why the dip midseason? There are no definitive answers, but there's a theory. Clarkson's drop in production coincided with the news that his father had been diagnosed with cancer. Clarkson and his father are very close and the news devastated him. "It was hard to stay focused," Clarkson said. "You find out something like that and it really hurts." While Clarkson himself won't use it as an excuse for his play in the second half, it does give scouts some leeway to consider the possibility that Clarkson's dip in production was more than a regression to the mean. As for his point guard skills? He wasn't quite as sharp as Ennis in the workout, but the requisite handle and passing skills are there to be a lead guard. There are so many combo guards running the point in the NBA that Clarkson shouldn't have a hard time fitting in. And even if he can't play the point, his measurements mean that he can easily play the 2 in the NBA. Clarkson went through his first workout on Monday with the Bulls -- pitted against Zach LaVine, Elfrid Payton and Nick Johnson. A source inside the Bulls said that Clarkson was terrific in the workout. All of that, combined with some poking around with NBA general managers on Tuesday, leads me to believe that we may have Clarkson ranked too low on our Big Board and in our Mock Draft. Virtually every GM I spoke with said they saw him going somewhere in the 20s. We
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Jeff Goodman: Source told me that Elfrid Payton held his own today against Marcus Smart in workout in Sacramento. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf

Jeff Goodman: Toronto Raptors will host Jordan Clarkson and a pair of Canadians tomorrow in Khem Birch and Melvin Ejim, per sources. Twitter @GoodmanESPN - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.skk5Pg9j.dpuf
    If Payton's stock continues to rise, i think there's a chance Ennis falls to the Raps at 20.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

11. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Jordan Clarkson another athletic PG. Had a great start to start the year and fell off cause of news of his father being diagnosed with cancer.

Chad Ford's thoughts
    Can't find much on him. Not really a fan of SEC basketball, mind you....

Post Thanks / Like

If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post

Or maybe both?
    Did you watch Syracuse play this year? Not trying to be rude -- Ennis is the real deal.

Another thing to consider is that for the past couple years basketball Canada has made their base at the ACC. So even if they've made no contact with all these Canadian kids it's very likely that they've seen them up close for a few years.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe both?
    His skill!

Nobody cares if he is Canadian, Australian, Russian etc All that matters is can he play
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

"I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game."

16. Like OldSkoolCool, YoungGunRaptor, Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    He would be great as a 2nd rounder for sure.
    Indeed. A chance at a Shaun Livingston mould with better confidence and shooting in the 2nd round? Count me in. This kid would be a great duo with General Grievis off the becnh.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dinwiddie was considered a first rounder before the injury.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Today's workout: Russ Smith (PG), Nick Johnson (SG), Jordan Clarkson (PG), Jahii Carson (PG), Javon McCrea (PF), Sam Dower (C)

Smith: Small PG (under 6 ft), athletic, very good 3 point shooter, gets to the line, not great passer (about 2:1 AST:TO, which is not very good). Projected at 49. 23 years old.

Johnson: Undersized SG (6'3"), very athletic, solid 3 point shooter, gets to the line, below average rebounder. Projected at 52. 21 years old.

Clarkson: Average size for a PG, very athletic, poor shooter, gets to the line and converts at a good rate, rebounds well for a PG, poor facilitator (almost a 1:1 AST:TO). Projected at 45. 21 years old.

Carson: Undersized PG (5'10"), extremely athletic (max vert 43.5"), very good shooter (almost 40% from 3 on 3 attempts per game), gets to the line a lot (almost 7 attempts a game), rebounds well for a guard, not a great passer (just over 1.3:1 AST:TO). One of my sleeper picks at 59 if he drops. Projected at 55. 21 years old.

McCrea: Undersized PF (6'7") height-wise, but 250 lbs, not particularly athletic, solid rebounder (and very good on the offensive glass), decent post scorer, turnover prone (though that goes hand in hand with him operating as a first option from the post). Projected at 42. 21 years old.

Dower: Undersized C (6'9"), non-athletic, decent wingspan (7'2"), OK rebounder, can occasionally though not consistently stretch the floor. Projected at 60, 23 years old.

For me the intriguing picks are Carson at PG, maybe McCrea (although we are packed at PF), perhaps Johnson at SG. All at 59 though, not at 37.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks to me like second round scouting is taken really seriously.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe both?
    His skill level is good. His intangibles are fantastic, (and that's not counting his passport as an intangible). His leadership, his poise in clutch situations, those were all off the charts at Syracuse. He fits that 'floor general' type perfectly, possibly better than any other top PG of this draft.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe both?
    skill, he's the best PG prospect in the draft outside of exum. i'd rather have ennis running my team than smart.
    @jerboat

23. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

we're really looking at a lot of PG's huh
    @jerboat

25. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Athleticism and size are Ennis' knocks.

If he is at 20, I'd have no problem taking him.

Canadian is a bonus.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information