Page 212 of 337 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Yeah I watched their interviews. Early seems really relaxed for a guy so deep into his workout schedule. Things can't be looking good for Bhullar. This was his first workout. Apparently he decided to lose weight and get fit before he visited teams. A few teams are offering him workouts -- that's good to hear. Hopefully it works out for him.
    I thought they both had terrible interviews. Early didn't sound prepared or like he had his thoughts in order. I don't want him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I thought they both had terrible interviews. Early didn't sound prepared or like he had his thoughts in order. I don't want him.
    I will be super disappointed if Early is taken at 20.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I will be super disappointed if Early is taken at 20.
    Ditto.

Raptors Republic Starter TrossTheBOSS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are orgasming over damien inglis ill hop on the bandwagon hopefully we can get him at 37

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    You guys are orgasming over damien inglis ill hop on the bandwagon hopefully we can get him at 37
    It's not so much orgasming as just a very intriguing prospect if you can get him in the 2nd round. Not many guys in the 2nd round would have that kind of upside.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's not so much orgasming as just a very intriguing prospect if you can get him in the 2nd round. Not many guys in the 2nd round would have that kind of upside.
    I'll only orgasm if we actually draft him.

7. Like MACK11 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll only orgasm if we actually draft him.
    Me t......

oh shit.

Too late.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that you mention it, you would think that someone so deep into the process would have more polished answers.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Don't confuse quick with fast, Kidd was fast pushing the ball for sure, he may not have had the quick change of speed, but he was for sure fast.
    I don't disagree at all, but fast for Kidd was about his brain, and decision making. Physically, he wasnt much to look at, but when you think fast, and you are two steps ahead, you seem like your everywhere. I hated him, but I loved his game immensely.

I guess my point is this, watching Anderson play, his IQ is phenomenal.... if his body caught up a little....wow, steal of the draft.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Of all the players they worked out today, Grant is the only one that interest me.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Of all the players they worked out today, Grant is the only one that interest me.
    Yeah, I must say, I'm starting to come around a little with Grant.

It all depends on his demeanor to me. If he's mature, focused and got Demar's work ethic, I draft him. If he's partying with strippers too much, I'm not.

Athletic and a good work ethic is enough for me, as I read more and more about Kawhi.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I must say, I'm starting to come around a little with Grant.

It all depends on his demeanor to me. If he's mature, focused and got Demar's work ethic, I draft him. If he's partying with strippers too much, I'm not.

Athletic and a good work ethic is enough for me, as I read more and more about Kawhi.
    Kawhi improved his shot a lot, but he had a decent offensive game coming out of college.

Grant still reminds me of MKG. MKG also has great character and work ethic...and his jumpshot and scoring game are still bad.

Hard to project what could happen with Grant. I wouldn't be upset with him as a pick, but he's not someone I'd really target.

14. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Kawhi improved his shot a lot, but he had a decent offensive game coming out of college.

Grant still reminds me of MKG. MKG also has great character and work ethic...and his jumpshot and scoring game are still bad.

Hard to project what could happen with Grant. I wouldn't be upset with him as a pick, but he's not someone I'd really target.
    MKG is still learning too though, we don't really know how he'll end up, but I see what you're saying.

Again, for me, it comes down to work ethic.

If Grant can see the long term and diligently rebuild his stroke without resisting change, I'm interested. Especially if he'll put the time in during the off season like Demar. I wouldn't target him either, but I was anti-Grant for a while.

Our pick could come down to one of him, Capela, Early, Warren etc. In that case I'm leaning Capela, but Grant would be my second choice (again, hinging on his attitude)

Post Thanks / Like

MKG is still learning too though, we don't really know how he'll end up, but I see what you're saying.

Again, for me, it comes down to work ethic.

If Grant can see the long term and diligently rebuild his stroke without resisting change, I'm interested. Especially if he'll put the time in during the off season like Demar. I wouldn't target him either, but I was anti-Grant for a while.

Our pick could come down to one of him, Capela, Early, Warren etc. In that case I'm leaning Capela, but Grant would be my second choice (again, hinging on his attitude)
    If no one drops, I'm high on Capela, Anderson and Porzingis. I would be ok with Grant, but I never put him in any of my tiers because I'd expect either someone to drop (Ennis, Payton, etc.) or one of those three to be available. And he'll definitely be gone by 37. But if by some miracle Grant fell to 37 I'd be pretty thrilled.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll stay away from Early if i'm the Raps. Just not a big fan. He's too small to play SF, not a very good defender, he's just not a good fit here.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll stay away from Early if i'm the Raps. Just not a big fan. He's too small to play SF, not a very good defender, he's just not a good fit here.
    I like earlys character and his game just not his size. Too small to be a sf.

Ennis/payton inglis and ejim is my wet dream if we can come away with them
    Id thow grant in there ig ennis/payton are gone

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

He's also seemingly allergic to passing.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Huestes is actually the prospect in that group I see the Raps as being likely to take, at 59. He brings solid D and solid O on the wing, and could be an option assuming the first two picks don't address that wing defender hole (now, I'm hoping they do, between McDaniels at 20 and Daniels or Inglis at 37).

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ (Liberty Twp, OH)

At this point, how many top ten picks do you think will be traded?

Chad Ford
    (2:01 PM)

At least 2. Celtics, Lakers, Kings are the top 3 candidates.
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

Michael (Philadelphia)

Hi Chad. What do you think the chances are of the Sixers moving up from 10? Wouldn't a swap of Thad/10th pick to the Lakers for Nash's Contract/7th pick make a lot of sense for both sides?

Chad Ford
    (1:34 PM)

Yes. I think this might be a good scenario for the Sixers. Allows them to add an elite power forward at 7 (one of Randle, Gordon or Vonleh should be on the board at 7) and gives the Lakers a player who can impact the game right away along with another pick. If the Sixers can't get the Cavs to bit on Young + 10 for No. 1, then this might be a very good option for them. Ditto for the Celtics at No. 6.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
    LOL, all it took for you to like a player that you never heard of was for a bunch of guys on a chat board to tell you he was good? I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you sir

Thread Information