Page 235 of 337 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 245 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

So many players go an invite to the green room, that just shows you how unpredictable this draft is

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know how the process of green room invitations work?

Raps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Anyone know how the process of green room invitations work?

Raps
    They do a poll of GMs to see who thinks which players will go lottery and send out invites based on it.

Obviously this year there is little consensus of lottery.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If Stokes,CAPELA, Ennis, are there at 20 who do you choose? And why?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    They do a poll of GMs to see who thinks which players will go lottery and send out invites based on it.

Obviously this year there is little consensus of lottery.
    Thx

That means two of those invites along with Grant, Capela, Stokes will be there to choose from no?

I guess I'd be alright with any of those then.

Raps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx

That means two of those invites along with Grant, Capela, Stokes will be there to choose from no?

I guess I'd be alright with any of those then.

Raps
    Total 21 in the Green Room as per Ford:

Andrew Wiggins (Kansas)
    Jabari Parker (Duke)
    Joel Embiid (Kansas)
    Dante Exum (Australia)
    Noah Vonleh (Indiana)
    Aaron Gordon (Arizona)
    Julius Randle (Kentucky)
    Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State)
    Greg McDermott (Creighton)
    Dario Saric (Croatia)
    Gary Harris (Michigan State)
    Elfrid Payton (Louisiana Lafayette)
    Nik Stauskas (Michigan)
    James Young (Kentucky)
    Zach LaVine (UCLA)
    Jusuf Nurkic (Croatia)
    Adreian Payne (Michigan State)
    T.J. Warren (N.C. State)
    Rodney Hood (Duke)
    Tyler Ennis (Syracuse)
    Shabazz Napier (UConn)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Total 21 in the Green Room as per Ford:

Andrew Wiggins (Kansas)
    Jabari Parker (Duke)
    Joel Embiid (Kansas)
    Dante Exum (Australia)
    Noah Vonleh (Indiana)
    Aaron Gordon (Arizona)
    Julius Randle (Kentucky)
    Marcus Smart (Oklahoma State)
    Greg McDermott (Creighton)
    Dario Saric (Croatia)
    Gary Harris (Michigan State)
    Elfrid Payton (Louisiana Lafayette)
    Nik Stauskas (Michigan)
    James Young (Kentucky)
    Zach LaVine (UCLA)
    Jusuf Nurkic (Croatia)
    Adreian Payne (Michigan State)
    T.J. Warren (N.C. State)
    Rodney Hood (Duke)
    Tyler Ennis (Syracuse)
    Shabazz Napier (UConn)
    Yea that just means 2 of the players from the above list will be there when we are on the clock.

But honestly I just don't see teams picking Napier over Ennis. So unless they are both available, our chance at an Ennis steal seems very thin.

EDIT: this assumtion is false,. there has been incidence that a player who wasn't invited to the green room was picked ahead in the lottery. ie : Brandon fucking Jennings
    Raps
    Last edited by ball4life; Fri Jun 20th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    For the 10% chance that Embiid becomes a superstar? I'd take those odds. Seriously

10% is probably low too.
    I would gladly use the 20th pick on him if by some miracle he drops that far. I would not trade assets to get into the top 10 to take him.

I mean, what are the most common busts? A big man with back issues....? A big man with foot issues...? I think those are probably the most frequent cases of busts due to physical reasons, and Embiid has both those issues.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any specifics on what surgery was performed on Embiid's foot?

EDIT: agh sorry. Just saw Woj tweet.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    The more I look at Melvin Ejim, the more I want to draft him second round (either with our first second-round pick or by buying a second in the 40s from somebody - maybe Philly's #47 or Phoenix' #50, both of which I think could be bought with cash). He's got all the tools already (except for shot blocking), he's a smart and unselfish player, he's athletic with a great motor, and he can play at our position of biggest need (SF). The fact that he's a Toronto boy is really just icing on the cake.

There are guys with higher upside than Ejim, certainly - but he's got a remarkably high floor and I think he'd play his heart out for us.
    I would be on the Ejim with #37 bandwagon. Could be a bit of a bull at SF or play in a 4 out 1 in small ball offense well with his rebounding and solid frame for screening. High chance he becomes a solid role player.

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I would gladly use the 20th pick on him if by some miracle he drops that far. I would not trade assets to get into the top 10 to take him.

I mean, what are the most common busts? A big man with back issues....? A big man with foot issues...? I think those are probably the most frequent cases of busts due to physical reasons, and Embiid has both those issues.
    Stress fractures are very worrying to me as they are from his bones just not able to handle stress. It will be a recurring problem if he has 2 stress fractures in 2 different spots. I wonder how far he drops after this.

This draft is going to be crazy fun

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea that just means 2 of the players from the above list will be there when we are on the clock.

But honestly I just don't see teams picking Napier over Ennis. So unless they are both available, our chance at an Ennis steal seems very thin.

EDIT: this assumtion is false,. there has been incidence that a player who wasn't invited to the green room was picked ahead in the lottery. ie : Brandon fucking Jennings
    Raps
    I don't think anyone will make the leap from outside of the green room into the lottery. Heard people say that the Bulls might prefer Napier > Ennis because Napier more NBA ready and Bulls are down to win now... Big difference as the Bulls do have pg needs and do draft before us.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Stress fractures are very worrying to me as they are from his bones just not able to handle stress. It will be a recurring problem if he has 2 stress fractures in 2 different spots. I wonder how far he drops after this.

This draft is going to be crazy fun
    I fully would not expect him to fulfill his potential. I would hope he gets healthy enough to dangle as trade bait by his 2nd or 3rd year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I fully would not expect him to fulfill his potential. I would hope he gets healthy enough to dangle as trade bait by his 2nd or 3rd year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I would get that Ghanaian witch doctor who put a hex on Ronaldo's knee (World Cup lore!) to do a curse reversal on Embiid. Maybe Masai has some pull in Ghana.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been watching a fair amount of Kyle Anderson and I think I'm coming around to drafting him at #20

He is definitely a SF and is actually got a pretty good first step. Right now he is able to get by the defender with his first step bu struggles when the defender recovers and starts pushing him because his legs aren't strong enough to hold his driving lane. As his body develops with age and he is able to keep from being knocked off his driving lane he could be very good. Currently he can pass on the drive after he gets hit, when he is able to keep his body in control he becomes an even better scorer and passer.

I think he is a pretty safe draft pick. (where I once thought he would be closer to a bust)

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of the list of 21 the only players I don't want are Payne or Napier. I would be happy with anyone else. That's a good sign.

I really hope Ennis is available though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    - they don't like Tyler Ennis
    While he's ranked pretty low overall, he's pretty high for a Freshman. I wish they would do an age adjusted WS, kinda like the position adjusted WS, where they subtract the average WS for the position, but instead subtract the average winscore for the age and position. As it is, juniors and seniors dominate the rankings, while freshman and sophmores seem to fair badly over all.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    While he's ranked pretty low overall, he's pretty high for a Freshman. I wish they would do an age adjusted WS, kinda like the position adjusted WS, where they subtract the average WS for the position, but instead subtract the average winscore for the age and position. As it is, juniors and seniors dominate the rankings, while freshman and sophmores seem to fair badly over all.
    Ah, I just discovered that the model as posted on boxscoregeeks.com is only Stage 1 - the raw numbers before adjustments. We need to wait two more posts until Stage 3 to see them corrected with age, etc.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    Out of the list of 21 the only players I don't want are Payne or Napier. I would be happy with anyone else. That's a good sign.

I really hope Ennis is available though.
    I'm curious why you don't like Payne? I'm not a Napier fan, but I have Payne very high on my list of players Raptors should draft.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

20. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    I'm curious why you don't like Payne? I'm not a Napier fan, but I have Payne very high on my list of players Raptors should draft.
    I don't like him because of his age and that he similarity replicates batman.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I don't like him because of his age and that he similarity replicates batman.
    I see... that makes sense. He does seem to be more explosive and have a bit bigger frame than 2pat though. I just think if he is there at 20, he fits the best player available. I like Ennis, but isn't he as similar to Vasquez as Payne is to 2Pat?

Edit: Just realized you weren't the one who posted the original post I responded to about Ennis, Napier and Payne.
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Thread Information