Page 236 of 337 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 234 235 236 237 238 246 286 336 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Embiid may slip far. His NCAA medical insurance covers up to $5 million.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    I see... that makes sense. He does seem to be more explosive and have a bit bigger frame than 2pat though. I just think if he is there at 20, he fits the best player available. I like Ennis, but isn't he as similar to Vasquez as Payne is to 2Pat?

Edit: Just realized you weren't the one who posted the original post I responded to about Ennis, Napier and Payne.
    True but ennis is a freshman whilr payne is a senior. Batman and payne only a year apart whilr ennis is 8 years younger than greasy.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    True but ennis is a freshman whilr payne is a senior. Batman and payne only a year apart whilr ennis is 8 years younger than greasy.

Yeah, that's definitely a major factor. Still like Payne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely a major factor. Still like Payne.
    But than you have to let go of batman. You can get ennis and still keep greasy as a sg pg combo thing. spot up starter at either the 1 2 or 3. He can be our manu.

I say if ennis or even payton is off the board and grant is too. Than you take payne

In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not that I wouldn't want Payne, just not at 20, and before any of those other players. He does have a great skill set, but then there is the age factor, and questions about his stamina. I'm comfortable going forward with Amir and PP. I think as far as BPA available goes, I think everyone is close in the bottom 7 of that list.

I don't see all that much similarity between Vasquez and Ennis. Ennis does't look for his own shot as often and is a much better passer. I really do see a Stockton type player in Ennis. Thursday will be some good TV. Whoever the Raps choose I'm sure they did their due diligence.
    Last edited by saints91; Sat Jun 21st, 2014 at 01:31 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@ESPNSteinLine: Word is Lakers more likely than not to keep No. 7 but they ARE exploring what can be had for their pick (either solo or packaged w/SNash)

Sign and trade Lowry for Nash and possibly Marcus Smart. What y'all think?

I just want to make it clear that I'm a big fan of Lowry. That I would prefer to bring back Lowry all together.

This just seem like a MU type of move to me. Like when he traded Nene for McGee. Also that I would be ok with the deal if Marcus Smart was the target with that 7th pick. I feel he is the most NBA ready PG in draft. He is ready to contribute tomorrow. His also Kyle Lowry but 6'4" 222 lbs.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @ESPNSteinLine: Word is Lakers more likely than not to keep No. 7 but they ARE exploring what can be had for their pick (either solo or packaged w/SNash)

Sign and trade Lowry for Nash and possibly Marcus Smart. What y'all think?

I just want to make it clear that I'm a big fan of Lowry. That I would prefer to bring back Lowry all together.

This just seem like a MU type of move to me. Like when he traded Nene for McGee. Also that I would be ok with the deal if Marcus Smart was the target with that 7th pick. I feel he is the most NBA ready PG in draft. He is ready to contribute tomorrow. His also Kyle Lowry but 6'4" 222 lbs.

Thoughts?

I would be open to it if Lowry became too expensive or if he wanted to go elsewhere and LA was a spot he'd go.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

8. Like TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not sure about this. Klay is a very good player. But is he really worth the #7 pick??? and is he the type of player you can build your team around??

Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm really not sure about this. Klay is a very good player. But is he really worth the #7 pick??? and is he the type of player you can build your team around??

Just ask yourself, if you had the number 7 pick (so guys like Randle, Gordon, Smart could all be on the board) would you take one of them, or Thompson?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

11. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we were able to get our hands on #7 I would take Stauskas...because he isn't getting past Charlotte...

Speaking of which, Charlotte will be a pretty good team to watch next season with Walker+Stauskas back court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    If we were able to get our hands on #7 I would take Stauskas...because he isn't getting past Charlotte...

Speaking of which, Charlotte will be a pretty good team to watch next season with Walker+Stauskas back court.
    You come in with answers way out in left field man hahaha

Youd take stauskis over guys like randle smart vonleh gordan. Cmon man. Thats not even tajing into consideration that we already have too many sg so you wouldnt draft him due to need. He clearly is not the bpa so why would you draft him so high

In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    Just ask yourself, if you had the number 7 pick (so guys like Randle, Gordon, Smart could all be on the board) would you take one of them, or Thompson?
    Nope

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's a sure thing already! Of course you take him for 7. Gordon and Vonleh would make me think if the were still on the board, but overall I think you go with the known commodity.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a big fan of Thompson. I feel like he's close to his potential, he hasn't really improved his offensive game since coming into the league except for adding a bit of a post up game. He's still just a very good spot up shooter.

Post Thanks / Like

My issue is that he plays the same position as Swaggy P AND Kobe. Getting him doesn't make the Lakers better, than if they drafted a PF, C, PG, or SF. Maybe Klay with Harrison Barnes makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    You come in with answers way out in left field man hahaha

Youd take stauskis over guys like randle smart vonleh gordan. Cmon man. Thats not even tajing into consideration that we already have too many sg so you wouldnt draft him due to need. He clearly is not the bpa so why would you draft him so high
    It's not so much that Stauskas is the #7 player but since he isn't going to get past Charlotte at #9 (and they wont trade that pick) and LA is willing to trade the #7, then taking Stauskas there is the only possibility if you want him (and I do) as you wont be able to get him after 9.

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Thompson. I feel like he's close to his potential, he hasn't really improved his offensive game since coming into the league except for adding a bit of a post up game. He's still just a very good spot up shooter.
    I watched a lot of GS this past season and their entire offense was a post up disaster since Coach Jackson was a huge post up guard during his time in the league. I think if they had played a motion offense with Klay playing a Ray Allen type role he would be an all-star for sure. GS was an offensive powerhouse that struggled to score because of how their offense was set up, hope the new coach will change that.

Post Thanks / Like

Raps apparently have their last workout on Monday. Any rumors of who they're bringing in?

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally if we traded for #7 pick, Im drafting Noah Vonleh
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Vonleh is around at 7 though. It is a toss up between Gordon, Smart and Stauskas between 7 and 9...of those 3 I take Stauskas

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Staukas supposedly had a 40" vertical at Lakers workout.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information