No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Raptors got another 1st round pick (late lottery/mid first round) for RG, for example, plus our own pick in the range from 2-5 something like that, do you think our pick + JV for Wiggins can be done?
    And then we draft another C with late lottery/mid first round pick.
    No new friends (c)

Comment

• MoscowRussia wrote: View Post
      If the Raptors got another 1st round pick (late lottery/mid first round) for RG, for example, plus our own pick in the range from 2-5 something like that, do you think our pick + JV for Wiggins can be done?
      And then we draft another C with late lottery/mid first round pick.
      You know what If we had a number 2 Id say just go with the guy after Wiggins like Parker/Randle or package that with DeMar for Wiggins use the other #1 for a new PG to

Raps are in a very interesting situation If Ujiri thinks its worth it, he could possibly acquire 3 #1s this season and gamble it all regardless the team will have lots of talent even if we miss out on Wiggins.

players we have currently worth a #1 pick we have

JV but he isnt leaving no way unless Ujiri deals him for the #1 overall Tim really wants Wiggy
      Rudy hes an established talent and a team in the hunt would want him
      DeMar DeRozan a young rudy gay and still getting better worth a mid #1 pick
      Ross perhaps Slam Dunk champ raw talent crazy athlete Ujiri could sell him high to a team in desperate need of a wing to develop that can shoot the 3.

Ujiri could literally build the team with this years draft..

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        You know what If we had a number 2 Id say just go with the guy after Wiggins like Parker/Randle or package that with DeMar for Wiggins use the other #1 for a new PG to

Raps are in a very interesting situation If Ujiri thinks its worth it, he could possibly acquire 3 #1s this season and gamble it all regardless the team will have lots of talent even if we miss out on Wiggins.

players we have currently worth a #1 pick we have

JV but he isnt leaving no way unless Ujiri deals him for the #1 overall Tim really wants Wiggy
        Rudy hes an established talent and a team in the hunt would want him
        DeMar DeRozan a young rudy gay and still getting better worth a mid #1 pick
        Ross perhaps Slam Dunk champ raw talent crazy athlete Ujiri could sell him high to a team in desperate need of a wing to develop that can shoot the 3

Ujiri could literally build the team with this years draft..
        I would say that's a bit too optimistic especially DD and TR thing, but the idea of a team built throuh the same year draft is intresting...coughmiamiheat...
        No new friends (c)

Comment

• Ross is too optimistic but I think DD is worth a #1 Id say even if its a late #1 that way we start next season with organic growth

JV, Vet
          Amir, Hansborough
          Wiggins/Parker/Randle, Fields, Vet
          Ross, Pick, vet
          Pick, Buycks, Kabongo

Comment

• You're all dreaming. No team in the NBA would trade their top 5 pick or even top 10 this year to the Raptors. Who would they want?? maybe if the Raps put JV in the table then i can see him netting them a top 10 pick. But that's about it. Doubt they get a top 5 for him.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              No team in the NBA would trade their top 5 pick or even top 10 this year to the Raptors. Who would they want??
              If the Raps get a decent lottery pick (say 6-8) and then have already traded for other first-rounders during the year, a move-up scenario where they try to get to the 4th or 5th pick by trading their own pick plus a first-rounder is possible (similar things happened twice during last year's draft). Then you try to do it again to get to top three. This is why it's so important to have multiple first-rounders this year if you're aiming for a rebuild. Of course, Cleveland (probably), Phoenix (possibly), Charlotte (maybe) and Philly (very unlikely) may well decide to "accelerate" their rebuild by trading some of those accumulated picks for players during the season.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                You're all dreaming. No team in the NBA would trade their top 5 pick or even top 10 this year to the Raptors. Who would they want?? maybe if the Raps put JV in the table then i can see him netting them a top 10 pick. But that's about it. Doubt they get a top 5 for him.
                I think you are right.

I think the Raptors might be better off trying to get as many likely 12-30 picks as possible and package them. There are a number of playoff bubble teams who might be up for that.

But Raps aren't getting picks from teams like Philly, Boston, Utah, Orlando, Denver, and Atlanta because they are all hoarding them and building through the draft.

Raps also aren't getting picks from teams like Detroit, Brooklyn, Indiana, Miami, New York, Washington, Dallas, Golden State, LA Clippers, Lakers, Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, Portland, and Sacramento because they have already either traded their 2014 or 2015 picks with or without protections/restrictions.

So what teams MIGHT be willing to trade a 2014 pick? My guess, and based solely on opinion and speculation here - feel free to disagree, is: Milwaukee, Charlotte (Portland's or Detroit's), Chicago (own or Charlotte's), Cleveland, Houston, and OKC (all about Perkins here).

San Antonio is a virtual lock to not trade a pick - they value them too much and use them to find rotational pieces or depth.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Nov 11, 2013, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Btw, no way i tradr JV for a top 10 pick this year. The only way i move JV is if they can get Parker or Wiggins. That's it.

JV + Raps own 1st for Wiggins or Parker??
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Chad Ford Chat November 11th:

Sonic (Poland)

Would you trade A. Bennet for next year lottery pick (no 8-14)?Don't want to write him off but am I wrong that in next year lottery may be better talent from no. 1 pick to no. 14 pick than in this year's draft top 3?

Chad Ford
                    (1:04 PM)
                    Top 10 pick? Yes. Not sure I'd go lower than that. Bennett has talent. He's just out of shape and rusty. But the bigger point is that the 2013 NBA Draft just didn't really have a true No. 1 pick. That's why there was so much uncertainty leading up to the draft. I'd take anyone in my Top 7 right now over anyone in the 2013 Draft.
                    Big statement considering MCW breakout.

Tyler (Nova Scotia)

Thoughts on the debuts of Wiggins/Randle/Parker?

Chad Ford
                    (1:32 PM)

Thought they all played really well. Wiggins is never going to be able to live up to the hype. No matter what he does, some are going to be disappointed. To me, all look worthy of the type of praise they've been given in high school.
                    I agree. Wiggins is not a lock for #1 and even if he is this draft is more than Wiggins. Parker looking like a Melo/Pierce type player. Randle looks like an explosive Z-Bo. Exum could be a Penny Hardaway or Shaun Livingston pre injury - for both.

Brad (Indianapolis)

Which freshman has been the best so far?

Chad Ford
                    (1:33 PM)

Julius Randle has just been a beast. Two double-doubles. Killing everyone. He's the most NBA ready of the prospects. Wiggins may have a little higher ceiling, but Randle is ready right now. I think he'd better than any rookie in the NBA right now.
                    James (Boston)

Would you draft Randle over Wiggins?

Chad Ford
                    (1:34 PM)

Way too early to tell ... Expected Randle to come out of the gate strong. Ask me again in June
                    My guess is this question is asked another 1,234,231,134 times before June.

Johannes (Denver)

What range do you think Glenn Robinson III will land in in this stacked draft (assuming he comes out this year)? Do scouts see him as having as much huge potential as Michigan fans like myself do?

Chad Ford
                    (1:37 PM)

Scouts really like him. IF he continues to improve his ability to create his own shot? He's a Top 10 pick. Great athletic abilities and size for his position and has that great NBA DNA.

Daniel (Miami)

Is Dante Exum a top 3 pick?

Chad Ford
                    (1:38 PM)

I think so. Hearing from sources that he and his family are now strongly leaning toward skipping college and having him go straight into the NBA. Some NBA guys think he should be the No. 1 pick. Will be interesting to see how they feel if the college guys all live up to the hype while Exum is just working out in Australia.
                    Andrew (New York)

Is Marcus Smart still a top 10 pick? Would you take him over Exum?

Chad Ford
                    (1:40 PM)

Think he's a Top 10 pick. Depends on what your looking for in a point guard of whether you'd take Exum or Smart. Smart is such a great leader and a defensive force. Exum I think has much more potential as an offensive player. I personally lean Exum right now, but I'm still a big Smart fan as well.

Paul (Seattle)

Besides Exum, are there any other international prospects that could be a lottery pick?

Chad Ford
                    (1:49 PM)

Teams are pretty excited about Dario Saric. Not everyone loves him, but those that are fans, tend to be big fans. He's off to a fast start in Croatia this year averaging 14.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg and shooting 60 percent from the field. On Saturday, Saric dropped 22 points and 10 rebounds on Mega Vizura. He's No. 8 on our Big Board right now. Croatia's Mario Hezonja another potential lottery pick though he's getting much less run in the ACB in Spain.

Chad Ford
                    (1:57 PM)

Gotta run everyone. Enjoy the Championship Classic on ESPN tomorrow night. Not sure you'll ever find a finer collection of NBA talent in college on the same floor on the same night.
                    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Chad Ford Chat November 11th:

Big statement considering MCW breakout.

I agree. Wiggins is not a lock for #1 and even if he is this draft is more than Wiggins. Parker looking like a Melo/Pierce type player. Randle looks like an explosive Z-Bo. Exum could be a Penny Hardaway or Shaun Livingston pre injury - for both.

My guess is this question is asked another 1,234,231,134 times before June.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford
                      Super interested in what happens with Smart. I feel like he'll lose ground this year. It's always hard to maintain a high stock 2 drafts in a row. I want him so bad, and keep hoping that a) he'll fall out of the top 10, and b) the Raps will acquire a pick somewhere in the 10-20 range. If we could land Wiggins/Randle/Parker, and also Smart, while keeping Jonas?...Dream scenario...

Comment

• Napier, with a triple double. Might be a good pick up in the late second round.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Napier, with a triple double. Might be a good pick up in the late second round.
                          Impressive.

More impressive is the 14 points on just 7 fga and just 1 turnover.

Comment

• Aaron Gordon in action tonight too. It's a good time to be a basketball fan

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              And here is the kicker, all of those teams won within 9 years of obtaining their franchise talent. Why is that important? Because 4 year rookie contract plus 5 year max extension. Bird won in 3 years; Isiah in 7; Jordan in 7; Hakeem in 9; and Duncan in 1.
                              The numbers don't lie, that's for sure. Guess we'll find out just how badly TL wants Wiggins very soon...

Comment

• McDermott drops 37 on 25 shots

Rudy says he got it backwards

Comment

Working...
                                X