The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    If we were able to get our hands on #7 I would take Stauskas...because he isn't getting past Charlotte...

Speaking of which, Charlotte will be a pretty good team to watch next season with Walker+Stauskas back court.
    You come in with answers way out in left field man hahaha

Youd take stauskis over guys like randle smart vonleh gordan. Cmon man. Thats not even tajing into consideration that we already have too many sg so you wouldnt draft him due to need. He clearly is not the bpa so why would you draft him so high

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Just ask yourself, if you had the number 7 pick (so guys like Randle, Gordon, Smart could all be on the board) would you take one of them, or Thompson?
      Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• He's a sure thing already! Of course you take him for 7. Gordon and Vonleh would make me think if the were still on the board, but overall I think you go with the known commodity.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of Thompson. I feel like he's close to his potential, he hasn't really improved his offensive game since coming into the league except for adding a bit of a post up game. He's still just a very good spot up shooter.

Comment

• My issue is that he plays the same position as Swaggy P AND Kobe. Getting him doesn't make the Lakers better, than if they drafted a PF, C, PG, or SF. Maybe Klay with Harrison Barnes makes sense.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              You come in with answers way out in left field man hahaha

Youd take stauskis over guys like randle smart vonleh gordan. Cmon man. Thats not even tajing into consideration that we already have too many sg so you wouldnt draft him due to need. He clearly is not the bpa so why would you draft him so high
              It's not so much that Stauskas is the #7 player but since he isn't going to get past Charlotte at #9 (and they wont trade that pick) and LA is willing to trade the #7, then taking Stauskas there is the only possibility if you want him (and I do) as you wont be able to get him after 9.

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              I'm not a big fan of Thompson. I feel like he's close to his potential, he hasn't really improved his offensive game since coming into the league except for adding a bit of a post up game. He's still just a very good spot up shooter.
              I watched a lot of GS this past season and their entire offense was a post up disaster since Coach Jackson was a huge post up guard during his time in the league. I think if they had played a motion offense with Klay playing a Ray Allen type role he would be an all-star for sure. GS was an offensive powerhouse that struggled to score because of how their offense was set up, hope the new coach will change that.

Comment

• Raps apparently have their last workout on Monday. Any rumors of who they're bringing in?

Comment

• Personally if we traded for #7 pick, Im drafting Noah Vonleh
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I doubt Vonleh is around at 7 though. It is a toss up between Gordon, Smart and Stauskas between 7 and 9...of those 3 I take Stauskas

Comment

• Staukas supposedly had a 40" vertical at Lakers workout.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Staukas supposedly had a 40" vertical at Lakers workout.
                        Nobody mentions Manu Ginobli's name when comparing Stauskas...

Only if he works on that first step and manu's trademarked euro step he is a carbon copy of Ginobli in my eye!

Raps

Comment

• SG with over 10 % body fat no thank you

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                            But than you have to let go of batman. You can get ennis and still keep greasy as a sg pg combo thing. spot up starter at either the 1 2 or 3. He can be our manu.

I say if ennis or even payton is off the board and grant is too. Than you take payne

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                            Raptors played well with 2Pat's skillset on the floor and with Amir's injury issues I think he can find a place... replace psycho T at the very least.
                            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              SG with over 10 % body fat no thank you

I dont see body fat as a big issue with him. He gets a nutritionist and he could get down quick.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X