No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Tavares. I'd like to see the Raptors use their 2nd round pick on that 7'3 guy.

Or DeAndre Daniels. Then trade Salmons for Perkins and a pick.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue Jun 10, 2014, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• I'm not high on Lavine either.

If he falls to 20, I'm considering, but not definitely picking up.

I'm definitely not trading up to get him.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Adam Zagoria: New Mexico C Alex Kirk works out for Toronto and Charlotte this week, source tells @SNYtv Twitter @AdamZagoria

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Would love GR3 with our second round pick. Him or Inglis. Fingers crossed.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Nuggets reportedly trading #11 to Chicago for #16 and #19.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                Would love GR3 with our second round pick. Him or Inglis. Fingers crossed.
                Yeah, I'd be happy with either one at 37, especially if we go PG or big at 20.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                  Nuggets reportedly trading #11 to Chicago for #16 and #19.
                  like breaking news or there's been talk about it?
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                    like breaking news or there's been talk about it?
                    With the NBA draft just 16 days away on June 26, teams around the league are jockeying for position with the hope that they can move up or even acquire assets in moving down in the draft order.

According to a report by Chad Ford of ESPN.com, the Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls are in discussions over possibly swapping some of their picks.

The aforementioned move would see the Nuggets send their No. 11 pick to the Bulls for their No. 16 and 19 picks.
                    Chris Dempsey of The Denver Post reported last week that general manager Tim Connelly had been making a “fair share of calls” concerning the No. 11 pick and moving it to acquire a veteran talent.

That pick is the highest the Nuggets have gone since taking Carmelo Anthony out of Syracuse University in 2003.

“I don’t think things will pick up until the next week or so,” Connelly said. “But after a relatively quiet trade deadline, I think we’ll see a more active build-up to the draft. I would imagine we’ll have a lot of trades.”

Denver finished the regular season with a record of 36-46, good enough for 11th in the Western Conference. They were 13 games back of the eighth and final playoff spot.

Management feels that the team can quickly gather themselves and get back in the postseason picture in 2014-15. Rather than wait for a developing talent out of the draft and hoping he can contribute right away, perhaps the right move is go the veteran route and find someone who can immediately pay dividends.
                    http://fansided.com/2014/06/10/nba-r...-picks/#!W77Zi

Comment

• Oh yeah, saw Ford mention that in his mock draft. It doesn't sound like it's necessarily a sure thing yet though.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I wonder what the full move would be though?

It seems odd to me that Chicago would trade both picks without unloading Boozer. Maybe they're resigned to amnestying him at this point rather than give up assets to move him. Otherwise I have no clue how they move him. Future picks? Those are always less appealing.

Comment

• If Denver wants a veteran for the #11, the only person on Chicago who fits the description and can conceivably be moved is Taj Gibson, since Denver isn't stupid enough to trade anything of value for Carlos Boozer (and Chicago can't absorb the contract anyway) and Chicago isn't trading Joakim Noah. Moving Gibson means the Bulls sign Nikola Mirotic this year and clear up more space for a Carmelo run.

Taj Gibson and #11 for Kenneth Faried (who Denver arguably can't afford to re-sign anyway), #16 and 19. That's my guess. Unless I'm wrong and Denver really IS stupid enough to trade for Carlos Boozer. I mean, they traded Kosta Koufos for Darrell Arthur, so who knows.

Oh: and if Chicago does this? They're doing it to grab either Stauskas, Harris or McDermott. They need shooting and those three will all probably go in the 10-14 range.

Comment

• Would you guys want Faried?
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Would you guys want Faried?
                              Good character guy and he's always exciting to watch, but he's not a good defender at all and he's gonna want a decent money extension. Pass.

Comment

• Best case scenario at #20-Ennis, #37-Glenn Robinson III, #59-Bachynski

Comment

Working...
                                X