No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks to me like second round scouting is taken really seriously.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
      His skill level is good. His intangibles are fantastic, (and that's not counting his passport as an intangible). His leadership, his poise in clutch situations, those were all off the charts at Syracuse. He fits that 'floor general' type perfectly, possibly better than any other top PG of this draft.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
        If Ennis falls, is he taken for his skill (BPA) or because he's canadian?

Or maybe both?
        skill, he's the best PG prospect in the draft outside of exum. i'd rather have ennis running my team than smart.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• we're really looking at a lot of PG's huh
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Athleticism and size are Ennis' knocks.

If he is at 20, I'd have no problem taking him.

Canadian is a bonus.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              skill, he's the best PG prospect in the draft outside of exum. i'd rather have ennis running my team than smart.
              Debatable. Legitimate argument could be made for LaVine or Elfrid Payton.

I will say that Ennis is the best pure PG prospect though.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                Dinwiddie was considered a first rounder before the injury.
                Dinwiddie is a baller and he's going to be a great NBA player. I don't think we should draft him, because he's another midsized-at-best SG and we have lots of those, but he's gonna have a great career.

Comment

• Russ Smith seems like a Casey type of guy
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• What if we traded Lowry for Nash and the 7th pick ,

And DD for the 9th pick and Henderson,

And who knows, maybe package those two picks to get a higher pick?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• When are the Raptors going to workout players that can "actually" play??

Besides Ennis last week, they worked out a bunch of scrubs. All the guys they worked out today will be nothing but bench warmers in the NBA.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        When are the Raptors going to workout players that can "actually" play??

Besides Ennis last week, they worked out a bunch of scrubs. All the guys they worked out today will be nothing but bench warmers in the NBA.
                        MU is taking 2nd rounders very seriously. Hopefully it'll pay off

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

No way i take any of the guys that they worked out today at 37.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            No way i take any of the guys that they worked out today at 37.
                            Don't forget, we have THREE picks, not two.

Never underestimate what a player with motivation can do.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

2nd Rounders= best bang for your buck.

Besides the franchise-type players in this draft, I think that the 2nd round picks have the potential to be very valuable to many teams such as the Raptors who could (potentially) be striving to keep the team salary as low as possible in anticipation of going for an established superstar.

Payton's stock seems to be rising. As does Clarkson's. If we can one of Payton, Clarkson, or Ennis, I would be very satisfied.

We could use our late 2nd round pick on a 7 footer as a reserve player, and perhaps bring in SF with the 37th pick
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Boston had just about every SF that we might look at in for their workout today. Kyle Anderson (UCLA); DeAndre Daniels (UConn); Cleanthony Early (Wichita State); P.J. Hairston (North Carolina/Texas Legends of the NBA Development League); K.J. McDaniels (Clemson); and T.J. Warren (North Carolina State).
                                Other than Hairston who projects as 2 rather than a 3 these are the guys in the Raps snack bracket at 20 if we go SF. Any body find anything on how the one on ones went with this group ?
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X