No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got my fingers crossed that the Raps can grab Melvin Ejim with one of their 2nd round picks. He's been pigeon-holed as an undersized PF (@ 6' 6"), but I see no reason why he can't play SF in the NBA. He really, really improved his offensive game this last season. Dramatic improvement in 3-pt shooting range. Seems quick enough to guard SFs, and definitely strong enough. If PJ Tucker can develop into a 3 & D wing player, then so can Ejim. EJim has much better physical tools and is already a more versatile offensive player than Tucker was.

Comment

• I went back and watch early he is luol deng in the making adding him to my short list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I went back and watch early he is luol deng in the making adding him to my short list

He's gonna be 23 on draft night
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Tyler Ennis

Comment

• Anderson looking good on both ends.

Lavine is so bouncy is crazy, but to me he kills his dribble too early to accomplish anything.

Comment

• Looool
              Kyle Anderson declares for the NBA draft while changing in the locker room right after UCLA lost to Florida
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Looool
                Kyle Anderson declares for the NBA draft while changing in the locker room right after UCLA lost to Florida
                Well he aint messin around.

Comment

• Lots of love for Walker but why doesn't he play more at Florida?

I understand he joined the team late this year, rotations, yada yada yada, but if he was truly an NBA talent, wouldn't he work his way in to the rotation more than 4-7 minutes per game?

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Kyle Anderson? Guard with a 7'3 wingspan. And Zach Lavine, he's really, really quick!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Lots of love for Walker but why doesn't he play more at Florida?

I understand he joined the team late this year, rotations, yada yada yada, but if he was truly an NBA talent, wouldn't he work his way in to the rotation more than 4-7 minutes per game?
                      I think it's part Billy Donovan and part Walker being out of it. Donovan already had a pretty good team and things were working well, so why mess with a good thing? Momentum is such a big part of NCAA success into March, so incorporating a new piece is very hard, especially with a freshman.

When Walker finally was eligible to play, he wasn't physically where he needed to be and also his mentality would be different. Hard to step into a playoff mentality when it's your first game.

I think Walker should return for another year. He's shown enough flashes to get drafted, but a full season and he'd likely be a top 5/10 pick.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                        How do you guys feel about Kyle Anderson? Guard with a 7'3 wingspan. And Zach Lavine, he's really, really quick!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        I don't feel Anderson. He's a guard who can't really guard anyone and doesn't offer any elite skills.

LaVine is likely the real deal but is very raw. I'd pick him in the Raps range if he's available, he could develop into the next star PG in the Rose/Westbrook mold.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I don't feel Anderson but there are a lot who do. Defense is what scares me at next level but there is always the bold:

DraftExpress.com has the 6-foot-9 Anderson going at No. 19 to the Chicago Bulls.

“His strengths outweigh his negatives,” one veteran NBA scout told SNY.tv. “Very skilled, perimeter shooting has improved and can rebound. Lack of defense and pace of game can be hidden by a good team with defensive concepts. Could end up being a Top 15 pick.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/uclas-k...for-nba-draft/

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I don't feel Anderson but there are a lot who do. Defense is what scares me at next level but there is always the bold:
                            I can't see him ever being a legit starter in this league; he's a bench guy in the NBA. Is that worth a 1st round pick? It also scares me to draft a guy in the 1st round using the premise of "covering him up" on defence all the time. If a guy doesn't at least show defensive potential, then he is a bit player who will only be useful in the right line-up combinations; handcuffing substitution patterns and for what? He doesn't bring an elite skill to the table. IF he could, then it's worth covering his defensive liabilities (guys like Korver or Novak), but I just don't see it. If he went to a mid-major school, he likely wouldn't even be drafted. He benefits from UCLA's coverage and people are enamored with his size.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              I can't see him ever being a legit starter in this league; he's a bench guy in the NBA. Is that worth a 1st round pick? It also scares me to draft a guy in the 1st round using the premise of "covering him up" on defence all the time. If a guy doesn't at least show defensive potential, then he is a bit player who will only be useful in the right line-up combinations; handcuffing substitution patterns and for what? He doesn't bring an elite skill to the table. IF he could, then it's worth covering his defensive liabilities (guys like Korver or Novak), but I just don't see it. If he went to a mid-major school, he likely wouldn't even be drafted. He benefits from UCLA's coverage and people are enamored with his size.
                              This is my opinion from watching a lot of this kid. He is not going to put chest on chest and D someone up. He will play the passing lanes and get tons of steals, he will be a effective weak side shot blocker. He excels in the half court. Not the fast guy in the court not the slowest but he is extremely smart.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                                This is my opinion from watching a lot of this kid. He is not going to put chest on chest and D someone up. He will play the passing lanes and get tons of steals, he will be a effective weak side shot blocker. He excels in the half court. Not the fast guy in the court not the slowest but he is extremely smart.
                                Excels at what though? I don't see any stand-out NBA skill. He isn't that good of a shooter. He doesn't have that great of a handle. He isn't that great of a passer. If he could defend, he'd be a nice well-rounded glue guy, but since his D is awful, he's a guy who should return to school. If he comes out, I'd predict he's overseas within 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X