The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    I've mentioned this before but if Stokes is our guy, why not trade down and acquire one more pick, be it in 2014 or 2015? looking at the Jazz with the 23rd pick.
    Well, there are rumours floating around that Memphis are targeting Stokes at 22.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Well, there are rumours floating around that Memphis are targeting Stokes at 22.
      Hmmm...that also unfortunately makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Then we get ED DAVIS!

god no
        Myself (March 2014):
        The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• I really like Stokes as a PF, not so much as a C.

The question is, is he fast enough to guard 4s and can he stretch the D to 15-18 ft. If the answer to both of those is yes, I think I like him at 20.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• i like stokes but i don't know how i feel about drafting him at 20
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              I really like Stokes as a PF, not so much as a C.

The question is, is he fast enough to guard 4s and can he stretch the D to 15-18 ft. If the answer to both of those is yes, I think I like him at 20.
              It seems that in the workout he owned Payne and was shooting threes really well for what it's worth. I do not think shooting touch is an issue and he rarely fouls for a big guy which usually indicate that their defensive positioning is quite good. (RIP English?)

Masai reached in the past to draft Fournier, if he sees the best player in Stokes, it seems like a really strong possibility at 20.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• woah woah, wait a minute. stokes had the lowest standing reach among PFs at the combine?

that's a pretty big red flag
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Then we get ED DAVIS!

god no
                  Stokes (20th pick) for Ed Davis and 23 pick?
                  Sounds good to me!
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

woah woah, wait a minute. stokes had the lowest standing reach among PFs at the combine?

that's a pretty big red flag
                    I don't know about anyone else here, but I would prefer Stokes as SF and keep Patterson to play stretch-PF.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      I don't know about anyone else here, but I would prefer Stokes as SF and keep Patterson to play stretch-PF.
                      lol, i dont think that's an option man.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• 260Lbs is one big ass SF.
                        Myself (March 2014):

Comment

lol, i dont think that's an option man.
                          Why not? He is under-sized PF who is agile and can shoot. The only issue in moving him to SF is perimeter defense, so he would be better facing large SFs that post up more rather than hot-shooting SFs, in which you keep Ross on for them.

Comment

260Lbs is one big ass SF.
                            But he is agile enough to run the floor, just lacks in lateral quickness due to bulk.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Ceiling is Hedo Turkoglu. No thanks.
                              Hedo Turkoglu would be a pretty good #20 pick. Just don't give him a $10M contract.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Why not? He is under-sized PF who is agile and can shoot. The only issue in moving him to SF is perimeter defense, so he would be better facing large SFs that post up more rather than hot-shooting SFs, in which you keep Ross on for them.
                                he's agile for a C. I don't think there's any chance in hell he's guarding the JJs or Lebrons of the world.

also, I'm not sure he can shoot yet. he was only 17/37 on jumpshots on the season
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X