The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    How about someone who is 7 foot 5 and not so athletic?

Sim Bhullar declares for the NBA draft:

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...014-nba-draft/
    We could pick him up with our 59th or whatever pick, but he probs won't get drafted so we can sign him after. The best part is he could be

THE NEW AARON GRAY!!!!!

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
      We could pick him up with our 59th or whatever pick, but he probs won't get drafted so we can sign him after. The best part is he could be

THE NEW AARON GRAY!!!!!

MVP MVP MVP MVP MVP!!!
      No, he couldn't. Aaron Gray is about 1000000000x the athlete Bhullar is. He's dreadful. He doesn't belong on a basketball court. Signing him is a complete waste of a roster space.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        No, he couldn't. Aaron Gray is about 1000000000x the athlete Bhullar is. He's dreadful. He doesn't belong on a basketball court. Signing him is a complete waste of a roster space.
        hes 7 5 and fat as fuck, solid pick up and hes canadian
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Think of the demographic implications of Bhullar, Canadian of Indian descent, Toronto, the multi cultural city, and the fact that NBA just opened an office in India and is anxious to promote NBA basketball to that huge population.

Coach Casey could have Sim just camp out near the defensive basket. It would take up too much of the 24 second clock to wait to run a play while Bhullar jogs up the court on offense.

Comment

• Screw demographic implications. I thought we were past that kind of logic.

Can he play basketball at an NBA level? Most likely not. He'd probably be useless in every way due to how slow and overweight he is. Stay away from this "demographic" argument. He's not going to do much for tapping the Indian fanbase and expanding interest if he's terrible. You'll have an initial flurry of "holy crap, an Indian kid got drafted/signed!"...and in a year or two when that novelty wears off and they realize he's the worst basketball player ever, interest will totally fade and die.

Comment

Screw demographic implications. I thought we were past that kind of logic.

Can he play basketball at an NBA level? Most likely not. He'd probably be useless in every way due to how slow and overweight he is. Stay away from this "demographic" argument. He's not going to do much for tapping the Indian fanbase and expanding interest if he's terrible. You'll have an initial flurry of "holy crap, an Indian kid got drafted/signed!"...and in a year or two when that novelty wears off and they realize he's the worst basketball player ever, interest will totally fade and die.
              hes pretty huge though, could be a solid practice partner for jonas to toughen up

Comment

Screw demographic implications. I thought we were past that kind of logic.

Exactly. I remember people said the same thing about Nate Huffman and how he was Jewish or something.
                And Nathan Jawai and how he was Australian.
                And Meng Bateer because he was Mongolian/Chinese.

If they suck, people forget about them pretty quick, and the 'demographic' will distance themselves.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  hes pretty huge though, could be a solid practice partner for jonas to toughen up
                  No....because he will not be able to run up the court in time to do anything. Also, he's pillsbury doughboy soft and barely uses his size effectively at all. He's just awful.

Comment

I think someone who can actually play is better than someone being literally just a large mass. Even Aaron Gray would be 10x better to practice against.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      I think someone who can actually play is better than someone being literally just a large mass. Even Aaron Gray would be 10x better to practice against.
                      true but to be honest, i just wanna see a Brown guy in the nba its been too long

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        Exactly. I remember people said the same thing about Nate Huffman and how he was Jewish or something.
                        And Nathan Jawai and how he was Australian.
                        And Meng Bateer because he was Mongolian/Chinese.

If they suck, people forget about them pretty quick, and the 'demographic' will distance themselves.
                        waitt...hold upppp...wasnt jawai supposto be like the austrailian shaq

Comment

true but to be honest, i just wanna see a Brown guy in the nba its been too long
                          Patty Mills of the Spurs is Australian Aborigine.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

waitt...hold upppp...wasnt jawai supposto be like the austrailian shaq
                            Yeah, but to be fair it seems for every international heavy centre the nickname goes "(insert nationality here) Shaq!"

Comment

• Ten day contract?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• French forward Damien Inglis told Yahoo Sports he is entering this year's NBA draft.

Inglis, 18(1995), started for the World Team against the United States Junior National Team during the recent Hoop Summit in Portland, Ore. He averaged 4.7 points and 3.5 rebounds in 15 minutes while shooting 38.7 percent from 3-point range through 26 games this season for Chorale de Roanne Basket. At 6-foot-8½, 240 pounds, he has a 7-3 wingspan and a 8-11½ standing reach that combines to give him intriguing size and length as a defender. Several NBA scouts have told Yahoo Sports they are most attracted by Inglis' defensive ability.

Inglis said he has no NBA buyout with Chorale de Roanne Basket. DraftExpress.com projects him as the 32nd overall pick in this year's draft. Inglis said if he isn't comfortable with his potential draft position he might take his name out by the June 16 deadline.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X