The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Remember when the Fans is Toronto all booed when Mighty Mouse was drafted, all wanted the ED O'Bannon, he was at the time the hot name and considered BPA
    That was pretty funny. There was the loudest "we want Ed" chant followed by a huge chorus of boos.
    Ed was out of the league in two years.

Comment

• What do you guys think of this? From BR's mock draft.

20. Toronto Raptors: Jerami Grant, PF, Syracuse

Grant may end up being a bit of a tweener at the NBA level. However, he possesses a great deal of athleticism and can give the Raptors more length on the wing. Coming from a great college program, he should be able to contribute sooner rather than later.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote:

X ray test shows only broken bones and bones dislocations in the knee. So..

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          X ray test shows only broken bones and bones dislocations in the knee. So..
          so...... what good or bad
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote:

Wrong thread.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
              so...... what good or bad
              Honestly, nothing good. Yes, he doesn't have broken knee ( but in the same xray negative means his knee isn't hyperextended ) which leaves.. Bone bruise ( doesn't show up on xray ), small acl tear or torn meniscus ( it's hard to diagnose this injury just by xray. )

Comment

Honestly, nothing good. Yes, he doesn't have broken knee ( but in the same xray negative means his knee isn't hyperextended ) which leaves.. Bone bruise ( doesn't show up on xray ), small acl tear or torn meniscus ( it's hard to diagnose this injury just by xray. )
                soooo he'll play vs Indiana?!?!?
                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                    soooo he'll play vs Indiana?!?!?
                    You should send an email to basketball gods, maybe they'll answer

Comment

You should send an email to basketball gods, maybe they'll answer
                      I'll take that as a yes, kyles a warrior

oopps noticed we're in the wrong thread sorry fellas
                      Last edited by lilmamba_; Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                        What do you guys think of this? From BR's mock draft.

20. Toronto Raptors: Jerami Grant, PF, Syracuse

Grant may end up being a bit of a tweener at the NBA level. However, he possesses a great deal of athleticism and can give the Raptors more length on the wing. Coming from a great college program, he should be able to contribute sooner rather than later.
                        I'm not a huge fan of him, and I think the last thing this team needs is another undersized big.

The whole BPA thing is crazy because it's not like there is a clear ranking of players. There are likely 5-6 players for each draft slot that could be considered the BPA, and likely 1 or 2 that aren't being considered but end up being better. You have to balance need & talent. Drafting a guy who wont see any minutes because you already have a glut of players at that position isn't going to develop very well and will turn out to be a "bad" pick, even if that player goes to another team in 5 years and blossoms.

I'd rank the Raps targeted needs as:
                        Wing - either SG or SF but ideally someone who can play both
                        PG - this is assuming that Lowry and GV are retained, but there are some very talented PGs that could be had early in the 2nd. Since we play GV and Lowry together so much, a young back-up as a change of pace would really benefit the team. Eventually could take a bigger role
                        Big who can play some C or the highest potential upside available
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I'm not a huge fan of him, and I think the last thing this team needs is another undersized big.

The whole BPA thing is crazy because it's not like there is a clear ranking of players. There are likely 5-6 players for each draft slot that could be considered the BPA, and likely 1 or 2 that aren't being considered but end up being better. You have to balance need & talent. Drafting a guy who wont see any minutes because you already have a glut of players at that position isn't going to develop very well and will turn out to be a "bad" pick, even if that player goes to another team in 5 years and blossoms.

I'd rank the Raps targeted needs as:
                          Wing - either SG or SF but ideally someone who can play both
                          PG - this is assuming that Lowry and GV are retained, but there are some very talented PGs that could be had early in the 2nd. Since we play GV and Lowry together so much, a young back-up as a change of pace would really benefit the team. Eventually could take a bigger role
                          Big who can play some C or the highest potential upside available
                          I think a wing player should be priority for the Raptors as well, but specifically a SF. As good of a defender as Ross is he gives up so much size guarding true SF's. After that I think we need an upgrade at PF.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            I think a wing player should be priority for the Raptors as well, but specifically a SF. As good of a defender as Ross is he gives up so much size guarding true SF's. After that I think we need an upgrade at PF.
                            Agreed, true SF would be better than a true SG, but ideally someone who can play both would be best.

Do you think we can get an upgrade at the PF slot with the Sac 2nd rounder though? Based on the various mocks, I'd say there'll be better value of PGs there than PFs, and is it worth it to draft another PF who isn't better than anyone we currently have? I'd say PF would likely be our biggest draft target next year with our 1st rounder.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Agreed, true SF would be better than a true SG, but ideally someone who can play both would be best.

Do you think we can get an upgrade at the PF slot with the Sac 2nd rounder though? Based on the various mocks, I'd say there'll be better value of PGs there than PFs, and is it worth it to draft another PF who isn't better than anyone we currently have? I'd say PF would likely be our biggest draft target next year with our 1st rounder.
                              Actually I would much prefer to snag Napier in the second round, he's just been so good for UCONN this year and in the tourney. But assuming Lowry and Vasquez are with the team moving forward I think we need to address the PF/C positions more than PG. You are correct though, there do seem to be more quality guards in the 2nd round than bigs.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                Actually I would much prefer to snag Napier in the second round, he's just been so good for UCONN this year and in the tourney. But assuming Lowry and Vasquez are with the team moving forward I think we need to address the PF/C positions more than PG. You are correct though, there do seem to be more quality guards in the 2nd round than bigs.
                                I think Napier would be a fantastic pick for the Raps with the Sac pick. He's very different from Lowry and GV, a nice change of pace guard who can hit big shots.

If we end up with a draft resembling:
                                1- Early or Dekker or Stauskas
                                2- Shabazz Napier
                                3- Mouhammadou Jaiteh

I'd be fairly happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X