No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noah Vonleh loves hoops a lot. If were 14 years old, I'd choose Disney 10 out of 10 times.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ndiana-mother/
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Noah Vonleh loves hoops a lot. If were 14 years old, I'd choose Disney 10 out of 10 times.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...ndiana-mother/
      If you see the quote from Busch Gardens, sounds like he was more scared of roller coasters than anything else.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        You maybe setting yourself up for a severe disappointment. MU will do whatever is best for the franchise. It is still too early. Just roll with what is happening right now.
        It won't be up to Masai. It will be Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment making the pick. Your setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually think their pass on Wiggans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          It won't be up to Masai. It will be Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment making the pick. Your setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually think their pass on Wiggans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I think if the raptors have the right draft pick to nab Wiggins, they will.

If they don't have the pick, they may try and swing a trade to move up a little, so long as it is in the interest of the team (Leiweke is the new CEO, this isn't the MLSE of old).

If Wiggins disappoints and falls really low, raptors probably won't draft him.

Ergo, MU will do whatever is best for the franchise
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure thats the case.
            Masai has been hired, and paid handsomely, by MLSE to make these decisions, so they don't have too.
            There's a reason the Accountants don't make all the decisions around here ... though if the MLSE Accountant had his way a few years back, BC never woulda been here to trade for Rudy ... so there's that.

Comment

• DD and NYKs 2nd rounders to ATL for Lou Will, one of their 1.2 mill guys (like Jenkins or Cunningham) and the rights to Brooklyns #1. ATL has a good team, better than expected for sure. Teague, Millsap, Korver and Horford are a dangerous set but they really need a 2 guard who can break em down and get to the rim. The "window" for this team is short term and a high pick, even from this draft, is gonna cost a very precious year or two before they truly round into form for a playoff team. Plus there's no guarantee the BK zombies will stay this bad.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
                DD and NYKs 2nd rounders to ATL for Lou Will, one of their 1.2 mill guys (like Jenkins or Cunningham) and the rights to Brooklyns #1. ATL has a good team, better than expected for sure. Teague, Millsap, Korver and Horford are a dangerous set but they really need a 2 guard who can break em down and get to the rim. The "window" for this team is short term and a high pick, even from this draft, is gonna cost a very precious year or two before they truly round into form for a playoff team. Plus there's no guarantee the BK zombies will stay this bad.
                No way ATL does that trade unless Brooklyn starts showing some signs of life. That pick is like a Randle/Wiggins/Parker pick right now. You don't give that away for DD.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  He's 6'9''.
                  like i said, not totally off him, just not sure.... these are all prelim thoughts anyhow right, we have a whole season and the NCAA's to go. I like to see what I guy can do under the tourney pressure.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                    like i said, not totally off him, just not sure.... these are all prelim thoughts anyhow right, we have a whole season and the NCAA's to go. I like to see what I guy can do under the tourney pressure.
                    I'm really, really looking forward to March 2014
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      You maybe setting yourself up for a severe disappointment. MU will do whatever is best for the franchise. It is still too early. Just roll with what is happening right now.
                      The top 3-5 picks are all going to be close in talent, and it's generally agreed at this point that they're all franchise type players. If the Raptors are in any position to draft Wiggins, assuming he's still regarded like he is today, they're going to take him, no matter what possible deficiencies he might have, and even if MU might think another player is slightly better. It would make sense from a basketball perspective because of the talent level, but it would make even more sense from a brand and marketing standpoint. They would have their blue chip prospect, he would be Canadian, and they would be on their way to being relevant in time for the ASG year.

Listen carefully to what TL says, the ASG stuff, the Drake association...they're looking to actually become sort of an LA North. It sounds ridiculous, but it makes sense.

Comment

• The first pick of the 2014 NBA draft goes to... THE TORONTO RAPTORS!!!

Now what?

Since there is no consensus #1 pick so far this year who do you think would be the right choice?

A lot of you are going to say Andrew Wiggins, and for good reason but the way I see it, there is a #1 player in college basketball right now and his name is Jabari Parker.

I don't believe in passing on THE best player for the second or third best player simply because that player is Canadian.

I believe Parker will get out to the fastest start in the NBA but that in a year or two it will be Wiggins leading the way.

I'd post a poll if I knew how, but, who would you choose with the #1 pick if the draft were today?
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Parker isn't the top prospect on any major list though. He's the best college player but is a tweener, which brings more uncertainty into the equation than for the other guys in the top 3.

I like Wiggins. If Wiggins is gone, I like Exum or Embiid.

I'm hoping for the best with JV but am not really an optimist right now.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                            Now what?

Since there is no consensus #1 pick so far this year who do you think would be the right choice?

A lot of you are going to say Andrew Wiggins, and for good reason but the way I see it, there is a #1 player in college basketball right now and his name is Jabari Parker.

I don't believe in passing on THE best player for the second or third best player simply because that player is Canadian.

I believe Parker will get out to the fastest start in the NBA but that in a year or two it will be Wiggins leading the way.

I'd post a poll if I knew how, but, who would you choose with the #1 pick if the draft were today?
                            You say it all right there "in a year or two Wiggins will lead the way". Wiggins is the better prospect.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He's not really a tweener, he could play the four but he's mainly a small forward. And even if he had to play the four, he is still very big (6-8, 245) so he's basically Melo size with less body fat.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• If wiggins is on the board guys he is getting picked up by the Raptors. TL wants him bad and this recent Rudy Gay trade had him pushing Ujiri to do it fast written all over it, so Wiggins can come here and take his #22.

Even if wiggins stock falls gorribly Raptors would still pick him with a #1. Cause we are on that Canadian tip so hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X