The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    For a big 23 is young. I've only watched MSU twice this year, so I can't tell you how good he is...What are people saying about him? Is he a 1st or 2nd rounder? Free agent?
    1st rounder

Comment

• AP 24 points 9/14 hit like 3 threes as well. Rebounding wasn't impressive with 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm not crazy about Payne. It seems like when he's dominating guys, it's because he's got a good physique, but is an advantage that he won't carry to the NBA, where everyone is similarly built. To me he's more of the 'fit right in on a contending team' sort of player like Blair, but doesn't have as much upside as other guys in the same range. I'd take Harrell over Payne 10 times out of 10, as I think he's got much better upside, though Payne is the better win-now player, so I'm sure he'll get drafted as a late first and probably be a solid contributor right out of college.

Comment

• I mentioned Payne back on Page 1. He's a senior who's improved steadily every year. He's stretched his range out (Amir like) and generally makes the Spartans machine click. They often struggle without him in the lineup.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• ^ because Gary Harris is beyond over rated. I saw on a fast break he had two team mates in front and went in for the dunk to pad the stats. I hate that. Payne is 6 "10 so i mean he has the height, he can gain weight. His shot is a little wonky but it works and he has college 3pt range. Id be happy to take him in the 2nd. Still like aaron Craft in the second round as well.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              I'm not crazy about Payne. It seems like when he's dominating guys, it's because he's got a good physique, but is an advantage that he won't carry to the NBA, where everyone is similarly built. To me he's more of the 'fit right in on a contending team' sort of player like Blair, but doesn't have as much upside as other guys in the same range. I'd take Harrell over Payne 10 times out of 10, as I think he's got much better upside, though Payne is the better win-now player, so I'm sure he'll get drafted as a late first and probably be a solid contributor right out of college.
              He was being guarded by mobile 7 footer

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                ^ because Gary Harris is beyond over rated. I saw on a fast break he had two team mates in front and went in for the dunk to pad the stats. I hate that. Payne is 6 "10 so i mean he has the height, he can gain weight. His shot is a little wonky but it works and he has college 3pt range. Id be happy to take him in the 2nd. Still like aaron Craft in the second round as well.
                His a top 20 pick

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Jonathan Givony just retweet this. He runs Draftexpress.com

@AdamZagoria: NBA GM on Smart: 'His play & inability to lead his team to wins is affecting his stock. Not pushing some illiterate drunk redneck.'

Yep, been thinking that for a while.

Anyway I quite like Payne, seems rather polished offensively.

Comment

• Payne - Good college player. Bench warmer in the NBA.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Payne - Good college player. Bench warmer in the NBA.
                      That's what they said about Patrick Patterson.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

His a top 20 pick. ]
                        Payne is likely a 1st rounder but certainly isn't guaranteed top 20. Seniors do tend to slip on draft day. At worst a team like Miami would take him so I doubt he falls out of the round.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

That's what they said about Patrick Patterson.

Who was a 19yo freshman.

Nope.... My bad. He was a junior and he would have been 21.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Feb 10, 2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-wil...43095-nba.html

Smart suspended 3 games and various anonymous NBA GM reactions to Smart and this incident.

Comment

• If I was a GM and was drafting later on in the draft, I'd say something negative just to hope he falls to me (assuming I wanted to select him). The draft can be very political and I wouldn't trust anything a GM says.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                If I was a GM and was drafting later on in the draft, I'd say something negative just to hope he falls to me (assuming I wanted to select him). The draft can be very political and I wouldn't trust anything a GM says.
                                Basketball has clear winners every night --
                                except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X