Even if he did we are not gonna take him
    He doesn't fit this team at all
    Indeed!

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Even if he did we are not gonna take him
      He doesn't fit this team at all
      I'm not sure.

If Casey can throw out Novak, I think he can find a spot for McDermott.... assuming he is coaching of course.

Also, I don't think you can have too many shooters from deep!

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        Assuming Casey returns I don't see the Raptors drafting a soft defender like McDermott. Casey did not find minutes for soft defenders like Augustin and Daye even though their new teams have found them useful.

McDermott is going to be pinned to the 3 point line in the NBA. Not a post threat for the average SF defender in the NBA. He has a relatively short wing span of 6'8.5". Wiggins as a comparison has a span of 7 feet.
        I see McDermott being used at the elbow in both post up and face up catch situations. A little Dirk style usage. Pretty sure Casey remembers how dirk was used and would find a similar role (with much lower usage).

I think the biggest reason I'm intrigued by McDermott is that he is a different skillset than anyone we currently have and it seems like every other prospect we are discussing is similar to a player we already have (in terms of style).
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Not quite.

Depends on timing.

Raps can make trades and use their cap space that way.

When you make trades you retain Bird Rights - so it would have no impact on Lowry, PP, GV, or De Colo.... as long as the trades came first and the signings second.
          This is particularly true... one example i can think of is the Bulls.. They want to clear as much cap space to go after Melo.. They need about 7 Mill off their books to offer Melo a descent 18-19 Mil/year... They can pass their draft picks and mike dunleacy's contract for something we have.... ooo heyyyy Salmons and your non-guaranteed 7mill contract

AND if Masai has to get more shit from the Bulls to make more room for Melo, he will!! cuz the Warlord wants to #FuckTheKnicks

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Not quite.

Depends on timing.

Raps can make trades and use their cap space that way.

When you make trades you retain Bird Rights - so it would have no impact on Lowry, PP, GV, or De Colo.... as long as the trades came first and the signings second.
            True, but their cap holds sit on the cap and eat up all the space until you sign them. Lowry's saves you money, but PP and GV probably have higher holds than their eventual actual salaries.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't know if anyone has put this here yet but Jabari has officially declared.

Comment

• Raptors lost the tiebreaker with Bulls, which means we will have the 20th pick.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Does anyone have worse luck with draft tiebreakers than the Raptors?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Was there a coin flip in this case?

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Fuck that shit.

Ahem... sorry... don't know what came over me there...

Comment

• What would you trade for the Lakers draft pick?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ity-For-Lakers

The Los Angeles Lakers may have their highest pick in over 30 years this year, but they appear interested in trading it away.

"I think there’s a possibility," said Kupchak when asked about a trade of the pick.

The Lakers may look to accelerate their rebuilding efforts around Kobe Bryant and their cap space.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            What would you trade for the Lakers draft pick?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ity-For-Lakers
                            DeRozan and #20
                            Ross and #20
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Fuck that shit.

Ahem... sorry... don't know what came over me there...
                              Well we did technically finish a seed higher than them so I'm okay with this one.

Comment

DeRozan and #20
                                Ross and #20
                                For the 6th pick? Man...

Comment

Working...
                                X