• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    You need to hit the WEIGHT ROOM man
    I wish i had that kind of time man haha

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Well at least you had strength on your side. I'm 5'10" MAX (maybe 5'11" in shoes, and thats a big maybe) and i'm KD skinny. I weigh like 135 so you can imagine how hard it must be for me to get to the rim and box guys out. That's why i'm primarily a 3&D guy, and i'd like to say i'm a pretty good one till it gets to guarding guys much stronger or taller than me.
      Nah, I weighed like 155-165 or so through my last couple of years in high school. So most guys half a foot taller than me were rail thin like you. They might have even weighed more, but because they were so stretched out they had no power.

Comment

You got a family or something? Lool
        If your not married and have kids and stuff
        You probably could make some room for lifting
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I'm one of those guys when my shot is going I'm unstoppable but when I'm off Loool everyone hates me because I just keep shooting
          You sound exactly like our old PF

Comment

Do some squats Don't need that much time for that.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              You sound exactly like our old PF
              maybe I am your old PF

Comment

maybe I am your old PF
                Gilbert?

Comment

Nah, I weighed like 155-165 or so through my last couple of years in high school. So most guys half a foot taller than me were rail thin like you. They might have even weighed more, but because they were so stretched out they had no power.
                  I have a friend who's 6'5" 160 at most. he tried convincing us that he was like 170 but this dude is scrawny as fuck and my other friend lifted him pretty easily.

Comment

Like I said though...it's also fun (and I imagine it is for Chuck sometimes too) because people ALWAYS underestimate you.

I like Chuck Hayes. Actually he used to have pretty good athleticism which helped make up for his size. Just don't like seeing him in certain matchups....
                    I don't feel so bad anymore being a skinny 6'5 (6'6 in shoes) and having to play center against 6'9 (240-250) guys. I also make a mockery of your nickname and could also run with the best of the guards, but it was still brutal on the boards and post defense.

That being said, Stauskus is a lot more athletic than Anderson from what I've seen, it makes me think you are buying into the stereotype when describing him :P

Comment

Gilbert?
                      My middle name is actually Gilbert Ahahah

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        I don't feel so bad anymore being a skinny 6'5 (6'6 in shoes) and having to play center against 6'9 (240-250) guys. I also make a mockery of your nickname and could also run with the best of the guards, but it was still brutal on the boards and post defense.

That being said, Stauskus is a lot more athletic than Anderson from what I've seen, it makes me think you are buying into the stereotype when describing him :P
                        Stauskas has decent athleticism by college standards...but NBA is a different beast. He might be very slightly more explosive....but Anderson plays a very deliberate slow style as well, so it's hard to judge. But laterally? Quickness-wise from side to side? Not sure about that. If there is a difference it's negligible. And Anderson has better physical tools from the perspective of height, length and weight.

*I'm not just making this shit up about Stauskas. It's been part of the book on him for the last 2 years.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

My middle name is actually Gilbert Ahahah
                          Weird....

Comment

Stauskas has decent athleticism by college standards...but NBA is a different beast. He might be very slightly more explosive....but Anderson plays a very deliberate slow style as well, so it's hard to judge. But laterally? Quickness-wise from side to side? Not sure about that. If there is a difference it's negligible. And Anderson has better physical tools from the perspective of height, length and weight.
                            Indeed, Anderson is also a bit shifty in terms of his moves where as Stauskus is more of a straight line driver only. I think in terms of pure leaping ability, Stauskus has him beat pretty easily (but that isn't saying much).
                            That being said, Stauskus I'm sure is going to at least be a rotation guy, I am eager to see what Anderson can do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and have the entire offense built around his solid overall game.

Comment

• Here's my take on this debate about Kyle Anderson and Nik Stauskas

I'm my opinion these guys prime stats and roles would most likely be

Kyle Anderson - 15ppg 6reb 6asts
                              Starting SF or PF for small ball

Nik Stauskas - 17ppg 4reb 3asts 43% from 3
                              Sixth man or starting SG for a solid defensive team ala J.J Redick

Comment

• J.J has willed himself to become a good defensive player over the journey, despite his mediocre physical attributes. Would be a good player for Stauskus to model his work ethic on.

Comment

Working...
                                X