X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Fact that they valued Tyler Ennis so highly makes me question everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There were/are a ton of good reasons for why Ennis was so highly valued.d None of them that raise questions.

On the plus side, something for people to look forward to: Salmons getting waived. If you were disappointed by the draft, THAT won't disappoint you.

I still think we could have grabbed Bruce in the second round (since he didn't work out for any other team, the footage of the guy playing is literally from one game, and we were the team that promised to draft him in the second) which remains my problem with the pick. Not the who, but the when. I'll look forward to seeing him actually play (this is one of those instances where it would be REALLY helpful if the Raptors had their own D-League team and didn't have to share with 12 other teams).
    Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 12:45 AM.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Fact that they valued Tyler Ennis so highly makes me question everything [/URL]
      They see more than we do... at 20 Ennis was a good pick. No one else wanted Anderson until 30. Look how many high ranked players slipped into the 2nd round.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        There were/are a ton of good reasons for why Ennis was so highly valued.d None of them that raise questions.
        In fact he was pretty much always considered a top 20 pick. Us getting him at 20 would have been a "slide" to his probably his lowest possible spot.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I love how excited he is by this pick. I have confidence that he will be a valuable player. Just bummed we didn't get both the players the Raps wanted.

Comment

• I hope Masai plays with Phoenix this summer. Make them overpay for Bledsoe

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              In fact he was pretty much always considered a top 20 pick. Us getting him at 20 would have been a "slide" to his probably his lowest possible spot.
              Him falling so hard was a surprise and not because of his lack in skill. It had more to do with other pg/sg player's suddenly raising during the workouts and the other teams not needing a point guard than anything having to do with Ennis. I don't even know if Ennis worked out for the Suns (as in, I don't think anyone had the Suns drafting him). It was pretty much either Sac, Magic, Bulls or Raps. Suns came outta know where.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                Meh.. just ask Jashmid how this one will work out. He's got all the answers, that little troll! :-)
                LOOOOLL, you can not act like an adult and stop the name callings , can you

Am I happy with this pick ? Two years away from being two years away and that comes from the ONLY guy in ESPN who knew anything about this guy ....

No, I am not HAPPY now because I have no idea who this guy is Just few measurement are NOTHING to make me happy when there were guys still on the board who we knew so much more about and were much less risk.

Let me see this guy in summer league and then I can answer this question otherwise, we are yet again, living in fantasy land if we think he is the NEXT STAR in this league because he has a long Wing span and MU drafted him

Comment

• After doing a bit more research, I'm happy with the pick.

Comment

• Go big or go home, I have to accept this gamble, and not as upset as few hours ago.

I trust in Masai I supposed.

Comment

• I think they were really set on him... I doubt they are done trying

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        After doing a bit more research, I'm happy with the pick.
                        Give us some of the sources that you came across when doing your research please.

Comment

• Happy-ish. I'm surprised and pleased that they're going to be bringing him over so quickly. Honestly this is the sort of player (raw, high ceiling, awesome size) I'm a sucker for, and if I had heard of him before tonight, I'd probably be really pretty excited about him.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            I think they were really set on him... I doubt they are done trying
                            Perhaps Ennis becomes more readily available if Phoenix successfully re-signs Bledsoe. Who knows?

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              As I understand it:

Spurs, Raptors, Suns
                              Apparently Utah was interested. Basically he would not be available at 37 for sure.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                Give us some of the sources that you came across when doing your research please.
                                Turning 19 in 3 months. youngest person in this draft, 6'9, 7'7 wingspan with a chance to grow just like how Giannis Antetokumpo grew 2 inches this past season. Started playing basketball 5 years ago, from a very poor family in brazil, doesn't even own a suit and tie, currently in the US awaiting for VISA to come into Canada.

Rafael Araujo is the 6th man of his Brazilian team, people compare him to the brazillian KD, Casey says hes more of a Rashard Lewis.

Gave him a promise at the #37th pick but was scared to lose him and grabbed him at 20, and seeing as Miami was going to offer #26 and the second rounds for Nappier, Masai probably feels that he'd be gone by 26.

That's all I've got so far

Comment

Working...
                                X