The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Averaging 2.0 Blocks and 5.7 rebounds in 18.9 mins against grown men * who play in the french league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    there
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      there
      Good league. Dwight Buycks played there last year.

10 games in eurocup 19.8 mins 11.2 points 6.5 rebounds 1.1 Blks

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't think that helped your argument.

Comment

Wasn't Buycks like the MVP of that league? Now he's a DNP-CD if he's lucky.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well, the competitiveness of the league isn't everything. Antetokounmpo was playing in the Greek 2nd league.

If you can pick up a guy like this Capela in the second round, I don't see much problem with it.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              Well, the competitiveness of the league isn't everything. Antetokounmpo was playing in the Greek 2nd league.

If you can pick up a guy like this Capela in the second round, I don't see much problem with it.
              That is a great point.

This is where the eye for talent is crucial.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Well, the competitiveness of the league isn't everything. Antetokounmpo was playing in the Greek 2nd league.

2nd round sure, but I wouldn't stretch that far for a 1st rounder, which is what I read into the comment above by Octothorp.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I want Clint Capela. Only if Casey is still coaching. Casey will transform this kid into a defensive juggernaut. After watching JV I've realized that he will never be that defensive anchor that we all hope he was.
                  I like Capela as well, but let's be realistic about JV. It's his second year in the NBA, he never played college ball, and you're criticizing him for his issues on defense, which is far and away the most difficult skill in the NBA to learn and JV isn't bad at it per se, he's just inconsistent.

Big men are projects. Give him time.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    I like Capela as well, but let's be realistic about JV. It's his second year in the NBA, he never played college ball, and you're criticizing him for his issues on defense, which is far and away the most difficult skill in the NBA to learn and JV isn't bad at it per se, he's just inconsistent.

Big men are projects. Give him time.
                    Defensive big man are usually good from the start. I'm not saying he'll never be a decent defender. I feel the ship has sailed for defensive anchor.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Defensive big man are usually good from the start. I'm not saying he'll never be a decent defender. I feel the ship has sailed for defensive anchor.

I am not so sure about this, I think good shot bloclers show what they have early, but it takes time for all players to learn team defense. There is a huge difference between individual and team D
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think this is a load of BS .. so many of the great "Defensive Anchors" in the NBA today did NOT start their career as even being respected defensive players.

Tyson Chandler, Marc Gasol, (even Al Jefferson), have proven to be VERY effective defensively when put into the right system, and none were considered "elite defensively" until they suddenly were.
                        Last edited by Joey; Thu Feb 6, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Tyson Chandler and Marc has always been a good defender. Al Jefferson isn't even that good of defender. Those aren't good examples.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Tyson Chandler and Marc has always been a good defender. Al Jefferson isn't even that good of defender. Those aren't good examples.

Al Jefferson is anchoring one of the best defenses in the league... so there's that.

And Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol have NOT always been considered elite, anchor-type defenders.
                            I can recall a time when I suggested we sign Chandler and was laughed at. Not to mention, we wouldn't have been able to trade a package centered around Jose for him (or the eventual package of Diop that brought him to Dallas).
                            And I don't even want to get into what some people said when Memphis traded for Gasol ... it wasn't pretty.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              Al Jefferson is anchoring one of the best defenses in the league... so there's that.
                              Although I agree with your broader point, Jefferson isn't the anchor of Charlotte's defense - that's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist's job. With MKG on the court Charlotte has a top-five defense; without him they're middle of the pack.

Comment

• Sometimes I fantasize about what the Raps would be like with Al Jefferson as its starting power forward. We probably could add 6 - 8 more wins by now.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X