• stooley wrote: View Post
    lol. ok, ok
    Glad someone catch that joke. I like what Phoenix did in the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Glad someone catch that joke. I like what Phoenix did in the draft

just having a chuckle at how much you love anderson. you may be right, but you definitely aren't scared to say it lol
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• He was meant to be a Raptor..

Comment

• He'll be in 5 years.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's funny because most of the people complaining about this pick would be giving an A+ if we picked Ennis. Even though Tyler has ZERO star potential and probably won't even be a starter in the NBA considering how good the PG crop is league-wide (and still improving).

Role players don't move the damn needle. I'd rather swing for the fences and get a bust at #20 than use it on a guy that will be a career bench guy.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              He'll be in 5 years.
              It depends on our cap situation with Durant.
              Myself (March 2014):
              The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                It's funny because most of the people complaining about this pick would be giving an A+ if we picked Ennis. Even though Tyler has ZERO star potential and probably won't even be a starter in the NBA considering how good the PG crop is league-wide (and still improving).

Role players don't move the damn needle. I'd rather swing for the fences and get a bust at #20 than use it on a guy that will be a career bench guy.
                It seems that people want a freakish athlete with high basketball IQ, size for position who has a polished game. Not to mention good character and scouts all over must go crazy over him. AT 20!!!
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                  It depends on our cap situation with Durant.
                  Durant, wiggins, Bruno durant we are set

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    It seems that people want a freakish athlete with high basketball IQ, size for position who has a polished game. Not to mention good character and scouts all over must go crazy over him. AT 20!!!
                    This. At #20 you're basically choosing college guys that are supposedly polished, OR going for a very high upside player. The high upside guys who also show polish are gone in the top 10 usually, that's how drafts work.

We got a guy here who might be a MAJOR difference maker 3-4 years down the road. Drafting an Ennis or a Jarnell Stokes is a pretty sure bet, but it's a sure bet for mediocrity. Those guys aren't going to change your team dramatically.

The Raptors so far have done well developing guys that have great physical tools and not a ton of polish coming in. DeRozan is one. Jonas is another. Ross as well. Heck, even Amir Johnson when he came over from Detroit. People need to chill and let Masai do his damn job, that's why he's getting the big bucks and we aren't.

Comment

• Ujiri's track record should offer fans with optimism, not doubts

I understand that a lot of fans feel unsettled with this bruno caboclo as our pick and kyle lowry potentially leaving, but i dont think anyone should be really concerned because masai has dealt with these situations before and he came out a winner.

First with the draft, masai drafted kenneth faried at 22 back in 2011. Faried was somewhat of an unknown name since he was from a small school, but it panned out well for nuggets with him being a starter for the team almost right away. Jordan hamilton was also a decent pick from the same year, with jimmy butler, isaiah thomas, parsons and perhaps bojan bogdanovic probably the only prospects that will end up having a better career. Evan fournier in 2012 also ended up to be a good pick for the nuggets too with his scoring ability, only sullinger ended up as a steal but denver didnt need him with faried on board and sullingers back as a red flag.

A similarity between these players are that they all ended up being a very reasonable pick given their draft position, and the main thing is there are no red flags with any of them, making them players that can produce stats while also fitting in the team and being a good teammate (unlike lance stephenson) so i am gonna be optimistic about this pick, even if it doesnt pay off for another 5 years.

Regarding lowry, masai handled a similar situation with melo in denver, and we all know how that ended up. Even though the difference here is that lowry is a free agent and the teams he want to go might not have significant assets like gallinari, chandler, and all but i believe masai would at the very least get us in a good financial situation where we can get someone beneficial for the team either through further trades or free agency.

All in all, i am not saying masai is a genius, but i do believe he is one of the better gms in the league despite only having 4 years of experience. In a time like this we should show our support for him cause i have no doubt that he completely understands what he is doing, and mostly because good gms are hard to come by in the league and they make a significant difference for organizations.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        This. At #20 you're basically choosing college guys that are supposedly polished, OR going for a very high upside player. The high upside guys who also show polish are gone in the top 10 usually, that's how drafts work.

We got a guy here who might be a MAJOR difference maker 3-4 years down the road. Drafting an Ennis or a Jarnell Stokes is a pretty sure bet, but it's a sure bet for mediocrity. Those guys aren't going to change your team dramatically.

The Raptors so far have done well developing guys that have great physical tools and not a ton of polish coming in. DeRozan is one. Jonas is another. Ross as well. Heck, even Amir Johnson when he came over from Detroit. People need to chill and let Masai do his damn job, that's why he's getting the big bucks and we aren't.
                        I fully agree, but it doesn't change how shocking it was. Felt like waking up in an alternate dimension....with your pants off in a ditch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• So just because he got Farid, then his track record should be trusted ?? I wish there more than 2-3 name in that track record

Lets add Salmon Alabi to that track record , a guy that Raptors got because of the endorsement by MU.

Comment

• Ejim reportedly strongly considering summer league with the Spurs....Damn you Spurs, I want him

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• When do we find out who we have on our summer league team?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I am disappointed that trades with Memphis or Heat (picking Napier to trade with Heat) didn`t happen
                                but as for the acquisition of such player with VERY very high potential, I am happy!

The only thing that scares me now is the fact that Coach Casey appears to love Veterans
                                and the fact that Raptors aren`t necessarily.. recognized for their player developing abilities...

But honestly, I think Bruno`s potential is REALLY REALLY high
                                Athletic 6`9 small forward with 7`6-7`7 wing span
                                Come on guys, how often do you guys see that

I mean, when Bucks picked Giannis Po last year, I was soooo jealous
                                With Bruno, I think we have the opportunity to capitlize more than Bucks did with their 15th pick last year
                                Last edited by Triplethreat89; Fri Jun 27, 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X