Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmon Capela!
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
      PPat can and does play SF for us. Don't be daft.
      When did he play SF for the Raptors?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        And as I already pointed out, the sources you provided describing him as needing to work on quickness and being beat easily by quick ball-handlers, and those opinions are simply looking at him as a PF. Draftexpress calls him a PF/C tweener, not tall enough to defend Cs and too slow to defend PFs.
        Yay, real points.

1st bold: Ofcourse playing him at SF would make him slow on the perimeter in comparison to other SFs, which is why you would match him up with larger SFs that look to post up, and get Ross out there when there is a quicker, perimeter jumpshooter.

2nd bold: No where on the Draft express site does it say Pf/C tweener. And if anything they bring up him being a bit small even for PF
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• can we please stop talking about Stokes as a SF. we can agree to disagree, i'm literally banging my head against a wall right now.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            When did he play SF for the Raptors?
            I cant find exactly how many minutes we had him at SF for, but to prove its not ridiculous that a slower, 6'9'' player can play SF, there are multiple articles talking about playing PPat at SF (for the Rockets who liked playing small btw)

Comment

• If we don't draft Capela and he turns out to be good I'm going to "I told you so" all over these boards.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                can we please stop talking about Stokes as a SF. we can agree to disagree, i'm literally banging my head against a wall right now.
                People are reacting as if I said Shaq could play SF. Whether he is better suited for PF than SF is a fair argument. To say that having him play SF is "the most stupidest argument ever" is dismissive and ignorant. If PPat can play SF, if Tobias Harris can play SF, than so could potentially Stokes. Someone who wasnt given the chance to show off his jumpshot during the season and who is much faster/ more agile than people give him credit for.

My entire point is: Its not so easy to dismiss the idea of having Stokes at SF.

I am not even saying we SHOULD play him at SF.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  If we don't draft Capela and he turns out to be good I'm going to "I told you so" all over these boards.
                  Me too! Me too!

But if he turns out to be a dud, I'll wait for others to throw it back in my face...... lol

Comment

People are reacting as if I said Shaq could play SF. Whether he is better suited for PF than SF is a fair argument. To say that having him play SF is "the most stupidest argument ever" is dismissive and ignorant. If PPat can play SF, if Tobias Harris can play SF, than so could potentially Stokes. Someone who wasnt given the chance to show off his jumpshot during the season and who is much faster/ more agile than people give him credit for.

My entire point is: Its not so easy to dismiss the idea of having Stokes at SF.

I am not even saying we SHOULD play him at SF.
                    it's a little bit crazy man, although that post was kinda douchey.

he's a PF/C tweener. he's fast for a C, and a little undersized, which is where the PF part comes from.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yay, real points.

1st bold: Ofcourse playing him at SF would make him slow on the perimeter in comparison to other SFs, which is why you would match him up with larger SFs that look to post up, and get Ross out there when there is a quicker, perimeter jumpshooter.

2nd bold: No where on the Draft express site does it say Pf/C tweener. And if anything they bring up him being a bit small even for PF

Skip to 10:19:
                      "Bit of a tweener on D. Too short for Cs, too slow for PFs. Very mobile but doesn't move all that well laterally. Not a rim protector due to size, ATHL, average awareness. Struggles containing the ball at times during the pick-and-roll."

11:14 is where the clips of other PFs breaking him down away from the basket starts.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post

Skip to 10:19:
                        "Bit of a tweener on D. Too short for Cs, too slow for PFs. Very mobile but doesn't move all that well laterally. Not a rim protector due to size, ATHL, average awareness. Struggles containing the ball at times during the pick-and-roll."

11:14 is where the clips of other PFs breaking him down away from the basket starts.
                        Thanks for backing up your point. I did watch that video, but I took away from it that he was fast (not so laterally) and strong. I do admit being wrong, they do point out he is slow for PFs.

Comment

• • A wave of disappointment rippled through NBA front offices when Latvian forward Kristaps Porzingis pulled out of the draft last week. Dallas and Oklahoma City were both hot on him, and there was an outside chance he could have been picked in the lottery. One NBA executive said he believes Porzingis could be a top-five pick next season.
                          I've got my European player to watch next year!

• Chicago is aggressively trying to move its two first-round picks, according to rival executives. The Bulls are believed to be looking for either a veteran scorer or the chance to move up in the draft to select a young wing player with scoring potential.
                          Hmmmmmm. What if the aggression is an indirect move to get a veteran scorer who currently plays for the Knicks?

• The fascination with Noah Vonleh continues. Teams are falling in love with his physical tools and shooting potential. He will get strong consideration anywhere from 4 to 8. An aside: Vonleh is the centerpiece of a draft feature in this week's Sports Illustrated.
                          I still love Vonleh! Just resigned to the fact it is unlikely to be possible..... unless Lowry is signed and traded to the Lakers!

• Picks 25-30 can be had for the right price. New York, Brooklyn and New Orleans are calling around looking to get into the first round. Don't be surprised if one or more of those teams wind up trading for one of those picks.
                          I really like this year's draft depth. Would be happy to get a late pick.

SI.com latest mock in link too:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...r/?eref=sircrc

Comment

• Remember when Ennis was a top-8 pick?

People have too short a memory. You have to take advantage of that.

It's the same deal with Capela and having one bad week at the Nike Hoop Summit, he got 4 fouls in like 5 minutes. So what? I'm sure he was hyped up having a chance to showcase himself.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Did you guys see this? Historical breakdowns of picks at that number. Here's twenty:

http://www.draftexpress.com/NBA-draf...-stats/20/PER/

I'd advise for your sanity to not look at #59.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                                Did you guys see this? Historical breakdowns of picks at that number. Here's twenty:

http://www.draftexpress.com/NBA-draf...-stats/20/PER/

I'd advise for your sanity to not look at #59.
                                Lol, I feel you, but I prefer to look at the percentage of say, Chad Ford's tier 4 players that turn into starters.

I feel like those numbers don't really give an accurate idea of what's going to happen on a year to year or pick to pick basis.
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X