X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    DeRozan and #20
    Ross and #20
    Since the Lakers are far over the tax line they would likely demand that contracts would be coming back this way, like Steve Nash's expiring (2015) contract.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      What would you trade for the Lakers draft pick?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ity-For-Lakers
      The player that probably makes the most sense is Lowry as he's 28 and may not want to be part of the Raptors future. The problem with that is the Lakers could sign him outright. Even if they agreed to a S&T (say with Nash coming back) than Lowry would have to want to go to LA and he's an East coast kid. Not everyone would want to play in LA (see Howard).

DeMar would be an upgrade and I'm sure he'd be happy to go back home.. but he plays the same spot that Kobe already plays. I'm not sure the Lakers look at Ross is a big upgrade considering he's still developing.

Amir is another thought but I don't think the Lakers would give up a #6 pick for him when they could use it for a star player.

If the Lakers do trade the #6 pick I see Boston as a team that might come calling. Rondo on the Lakers makes a lot of sense for both teams. Especially since Rondo has one year left on his contract and LA wants to win now with Kobe who only has 2 years left on his.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        DeRozan and #20
        Ross and #20
        I'd start with the two 2nds instead of #20.

And to include DeRozan or Ross it would definitely depend who is on the board on draft night.

As much as I dislike DD's game, there was that exchange a couple of months back where people finally convinced me he is EFFECTIVE (still inefficient.... and of course, still not a fan of his game).

Dude has value, no question.

And I'd have no problem taking back Nash for a year. Comes off next summer like a lot of other contracts.

Comment

What would you trade for the Lakers draft pick?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ity-For-Lakers

Eric Pincus: Mitch Kupchak acknoweldged the Lakers might trade their first-round pick "I think there's a possibility" Twitter @EricPincus

Mike Trudell: Potential franchise changers in this coming NBA Draft? Kupchak: "Yes … I think there are several that could be really, really good." Twitter @LakersReporter

Kupchak hyping that pick!

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Well we did technically finish a seed higher than them so I'm okay with this one.
            I am not okay with it.

1 spot could mean the difference between missing on a Zach Randolph and getting a Michael Bradley.

Comment

• It would have to be an 'on-the-clock'(Lakers on clock on draft night) deal for me to part ways with DeMar and our pick. I would only do it if there's a select few players on the board at whatever selection it is. Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Smart in that order. I don't think I'd even do it for Smart, as much as I like him as a player. And yea, Nash would have to come here as well. But in that case, if we selected Exum, then we wouldn't re-sign Lowry. And I'm torn on that one.

I trust in the Masai Warrior to do his job and make the best selection possible. Haven't felt so comfortable with a Toronto GM since Pat Gillick, who was a master!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                It would have to be an 'on-the-clock'(Lakers on clock on draft night) deal for me to part ways with DeMar and our pick. I would only do it if there's a select few players on the board at whatever selection it is. Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Vonleh, Randle, Smart in that order. I don't think I'd even do it for Smart, as much as I like him as a player. And yea, Nash would have to come here as well. But in that case, if we selected Exum, then we wouldn't re-sign Lowry. And I'm torn on that one.

I trust in the Masai Warrior to do his job and make the best selection possible. Haven't felt so comfortable with a Toronto GM since Pat Gillick, who was a master!
                Jesus.... wasn't Pat Gillick incredible?

Remember trading for David Cone at the deadline..... nuts.

Just win baby and shit takes care of itself.

Comment

I think you use Anderson as a point-forward. He can play with a point guard, or a score-first guard. Either way it's not that hard to make things work.
                  PG or SF that can handle the ball? Works for me.
                  However, should we not try get a serviceable 5?

Comment

I'm not his biggest fan, but depending on how things played out, I'd be fine with it. Still though, we need a guy who can play SF, whether it comes in the draft or free agency. DeMar and Ross will still eat up lots of SG minutes.
                    Vasquez as a backup 2?
                    Worked well for Knicks last year (and this), worked great for Suns this year & yes even us (Kyle & Vasquez).
                    Need to focus on a solid 3 or 5 (unless someone falls through cracks)

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      PG or SF that can handle the ball? Works for me.
                      However, should we not try get a serviceable 5?
                      Not a good draft for 5s. Would be better to target one with a later pick. And might have to be ok with a limited player/project. Tavares or Young maybe..?? Especially if one falls all the way to our last pick.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                        No worries, I don't feel singled out, but I've seen a few Bucks games and I feel like Henson has good rebounding instincts, and feel around the basket. His lack of strength is an issue but strength and experience don't always come quickly to bigs so I'm just taking into consideration the player he could be once he gains those attributes.
                        Some resemblance to Ed Davis? Could be a serviceable big.
                        Edited: I meant J Henson
                        Last edited by Mapko; Fri Apr 18, 2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Isn't Ed Davis a free agent?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            This is particularly true... one example i can think of is the Bulls.. They want to clear as much cap space to go after Melo.. They need about 7 Mill off their books to offer Melo a descent 18-19 Mil/year... They can pass their draft picks and mike dunleacy's contract for something we have.... ooo heyyyy Salmons and your non-guaranteed 7mill contract

AND if Masai has to get more shit from the Bulls to make more room for Melo, he will!! cuz the Warlord wants to #FuckTheKnicks
                            Dunleavy for Salmons -Makes sense for both teams. Package Bulls first & ours -might get you to around No 10-12.
                            Dunleavy is a better player (at least on O) than anybody we are likely to get at No 20. Extra first would not hurt.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'd start with the two 2nds instead of #20.
                              And to include DeRozan or Ross it would definitely depend who is on the board on draft night.
                              As much as I dislike DD's game, there was that exchange a couple of months back where people finally convinced me he is EFFECTIVE (still inefficient.... and of course, still not a fan of his game).
                              Dude has value, no question.
                              And I'd have no problem taking back Nash for a year. Comes off next summer like a lot of other contracts.
                              Interesting concept. Lets See: DD & No 20 (or 2nd rounder) for LA pick =Exum or Smart (&Nash),
                              so our lineup next year:
                              Lowry (assuming he comes back), TRoss, DENG (If DD gone we should have $$), Amir & JVal.
                              Bench: Exum (or Smart), Vasquez, Fields, 2Pat & Psycho.
                              Add to this 1 of prior ideas (Salmons for Dunleavy & Bull's first) -Legit top 10 team in the NBA (and still young with a lot up upside).

Comment

• You think we can trade derozan and something to get wiggins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X