No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You only have to look at James McAdoo to see how much you can fall if you wait too long. He was a lottery pick his freshman year and withdrew from the draft. He is barely being mentioned as a second round pick.

Comment

• I'm no scout but Jordan looks good
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'm no scout but Jordan looks good
        He does, wouldn't be too mad if we get him with our last pick, always loved centres that can block shots. And he's really athletic too, my comparision - an athletic Aaron Gray

Comment

• Vykis wrote: View Post
          He does, wouldn't be too mad if we get him with our last pick, always loved centres that can block shots. And he's really athletic too, my comparision - an athletic Aaron Gray

Yup, he can become the White Panther version 2.0

Honestly though, he is actually worth using the last pick on. He seems like a mobile big man with possession of the ability to hit the mid range jumper. The fact that he blocks shot is a plus.

A low cost choice for a backup big.
          I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
          -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Staukas supposedly had a 40" vertical at Lakers workout.
            One of the reasons I like him so much is how quickly he has changed his body and his game. In 1 year he went from a pure catch and shoot shooter who was out of shape to a guy who can handle, pass, iso, shoot off the dribble and could dunk on people. That skill to add things to his game is why I think he is going to be a sure fire guy at the NBA level because he will adapt.

(compare that to everyone's favorite, DD, who has yet to add a three pointer in 5 YEARS)

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
            Yup, he can become the White Panther version 2.0

Honestly though, he is actually worth using the last pick on. He seems like a mobile big man with possession of the ability to hit the mid range jumper. The fact that he blocks shot is a plus.

A low cost choice for a backup big.
            I would take Bachynski at 37. Mobile big men wont fall that far.

Comment

• Fun video on Canadians in the the NBA and how the average Canuck has very little interest in or knowledge of basketball:

"Sons of Naismith"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=111...goryid=2378529

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                Fun video on Canadians in the the NBA and how the average Canuck has very little interest in or knowledge of basketball:

"Sons of Naismith"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=111...goryid=2378529
                Don't take a Kenny Mayne segment as hard fact. His segments are in similar vein to the Jerry D stuff on the Score, it's just meant to make you laugh for the most part.

Comment

• http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...062214aaa.html

That is sad.

It is one thing to try and fail.
                  It is another to never get the chance to try.

Comment

• I can see MU really trying to get Elfrid Payton on draft day. Has athleticism just like Bledsoe but more skilled, and more defensive potential imo. Saying this because MU tried to trade for Bledsoe last year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Terrible news about Austin. I now feel bad for calling him soft and mediocre would be awful news at any stage, but to receive it four days from the draft would be devastating.

Comment

Yoooo he is looking really good! His form is great! He seems very mobile and athletic and we all know how well he blocks and alters shots. He will not be there at 59. If he is these GM's are crazy.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

He also finishing with contact in a lot of the clips. If he is for some reason there at 59 we have to get him. No question. Get it done Masai!
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-...062214aaa.html

That is sad.

It is one thing to try and fail.
                            It is another to never get the chance to try.
                            Really unfortunate. All the best to him.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Seems to be quite comfortable going to his right hand as well.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                                Terrible news about Austin. I now feel bad for calling him soft and mediocre would be awful news at any stage, but to receive it four days from the draft would be devastating.
                                The time literally couldn't be worse for him since he was a projected draft pick (albeit a second round one). Hope he can bounce back from this life wise. Even worse given he already managed to get around being partially blind. You don't just do that if you don't enjoy the game.

He's just gotta be crushed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X