The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Mario Hezonja from Barca is one of the top international prospects.

Madrid, I don't know. A trade for Nikola Mirotic? They played Gran Canaria who have this guy:
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Tavares-48916/
    A second round target?
    Raps need a back up C. Tavares is interesting, for sure.

Comment

• I would like to draft Patrick Young with our last pick in the second round, if he is still available, just so Jonas can run over him over and over again in practice. Just as a reminder of what a lottery pick really looks like.... I don't hold grudges at all

Comment

• In all honesty if Nik Stauskas is available with our pick, I think we should take him. I see a Kyle Korver in him and could be dangerous coming off the bench. You can never have enough shooting, and I think he has the athleticism to be a decent defender.

Our biggest need is size at the PF/C, but I don't see any legit prospects between 20-30. Harrell and Warren are the closest to what we need but they are both is undersized at 6'-8" 230ish. Vonleh would be a perfect fit.... to bad he's not in our range. This may have to be addressed in free agency.
        Last edited by saints91; Mon Mar 31, 2014, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          In all honesty if Nik Stauskas is available with our pick, I think we should take him. I see a Kyle Korver in him and could be dangerous coming off the bench. You can never have enough shooting, and I think he has the athleticism to be a decent defender.

Our biggest need is size at the PF/C, but I don't see any legit prospects between 20-30. Harrell and Warren are the closest to what we need but they are both is undersized at 6'-8" 230ish. This may have to be addressed in free agency.
          I'm not sure I'd call that our biggest need. We have a nice combo of JV/Amir/PP and possibly Hansbrough up front. While that isn't the largest unit, it's a pretty decent one, especially if JV can develop more.

I'd say we need a winger for the 2nd unit. Right now we play a lot of John Salmons and GV and that isn't a great recipe for success. Stauskas would be a great fit and so would Cleanthony Early for that role. I'd look for a PG with the Sac pick (Shabazz?) to fill the young PG role (especially if we are using GV and Lowry a lot together) and then go for a big with our last pick.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
            Who's your fave out of these guys?
            Honestly would really depend on who is taken with the other two picks and the moves/trades being made in offseason. My favourite pick would be aaron craft followed by ejim i think.

Comment

• I'd really like to see this team emulate the Spurs model in terms of team-building, and that seems like something Masai is going to do.

What I mean by that is you have your 2-3 star guys that get paid big money. Then you fill out the rest with rookie contracts, cheap vets, and d-league call ups. With good scouting, you can have just as much depth as teams that are spending 7-8M for their 6th men and what not.

This is one thing that really bothered me during the BC era. There's no need to be rewarding players like Kleiza with 4M per year deals, when they're generally easily replaceable through the draft or even the d-league. Of course BC kept trading away our picks... so I see why he had to do that.

Comment

In all honesty if Nik Stauskas is available with our pick, I think we should take him. I see a Kyle Korver in him and could be dangerous coming off the bench. You can never have enough shooting, and I think he has the athleticism to be a decent defender.

Our biggest need is size at the PF/C, but I don't see any legit prospects between 20-30. Harrell and Warren are the closest to what we need but they are both is undersized at 6'-8" 230ish. Vonleh would be a perfect fit.... to bad he's not in our range. This may have to be addressed in free agency.
                I like Harrell a lot. He's not that undersized when you factor in his huge 7'3" wingspan. His standing reach is 2 inches higher than Julius Randle, for example. He's an awesome athlete with strength. I think he'll be fine.
                Warren doesn't look like a PF to me. Will be interesting to see how he fares in the league, I enjoy watching him play.

Kinda depends if they keep Patterson. If they do then I probably wouldn't bother with a PF.

Comment

• SI's prospect watch update from March Madness

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...son/?eref=sihp

I had forgot about Dekker, but he's another guy that would be a good fit for the Raps. 6'8 winger who is a solid defender and a good shooter. Yes, there would be some repetitiveness with him and Ross, but perimeter shooting and defence are two traits that I don't think you can have enough of.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• i really like Stauskas. he's not much of a defender but he's got the athleticism and quick feet where you know he could definitely learn it. he's an underrated ball handler too.

i'm not sure he falls to wherever we're drafting, but if he does i'd take a long look at drafting him.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      i really like Stauskas. he's not much of a defender but he's got the athleticism and quick feet where you know he could definitely learn it. he's an underrated ball handler too.

i'm not sure he falls to wherever we're drafting, but if he does i'd take a long look at drafting him.
                      thing is, we reallly don't need a SG. If we think Stauskas is the BPA, I say we find someone who really wants him and trade down.

I wanna see us take a shot on a true 3. someone like dekker.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                        thing is, we reallly don't need a SG. If we think Stauskas is the BPA, I say we find someone who really wants him and trade down.

I wanna see us take a shot on a true 3. someone like dekker.
                        I think Stauskas could play the 3.

Comment

• I think we still need depth at the SG. We have Ross and Demar playing SF/SG in the starting line up, and then we have Salmons (Team option next year), And Fields. Right now we have to play Vasquez with Lowry and Salmons just to fill the PG and wing spots. Fields has one year left. Plenty of room for Nik.

Comment

I think we still need depth at the SG. We have Ross and Demar playing SF/SG in the starting line up, and then we have Salmons (Team option next year), And Fields. Right now we have to play Vasquez with Lowry and Salmons just to fill the PG and wing spots. Fields has one year left. Plenty of room for Nik.
                            Or Dekker. Or Early.

Comment

• You draft the BPA period. You don't draft based on need.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                You draft the BPA period. You don't draft based on need.
                                Exactly! Thats how you end up drafting Greg Oden over KD Marvin Williams over Chris Paul/Deron Williams
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X