No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone mentioned him earlier... Montrezl Harrell is having a great game against Memphis right now.
    Last edited by isaacthompson; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 05:28 PM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Harrell is a BEAST. If i had to choose who i rather have between Capela, Payne and Harrell. I'd take Harrell.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Harrell is a BEAST. If i had to choose who i rather have between Capela, Payne and Harrell. I'd take Harrell.
        Im watching him right now decimate the memphis defense!!! He's waaaaaaaaay to strong for these guys in the NCAA
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Harrell runs faster backwards then JV can run normally

Comment

• I haven't see any mocks with Pangos on them. I don't think he'll declare this year, and when he does, I think he's more likely to play in Europe first.

As for this year, Ejim, Birch, Hanlan, Powell, Bachynski have all been mentioned on mocks at various times this year (prevailing wisdom seems to be Birch and Hanlan staying in for next year, while the rest are seniors). I think it's possible that Heslip gets a summer-league invite, particularly if he has his usual hot-shooting tournament.

Of those, I see Bachynski fitting as a backup center with our late 2nd thunder pick. I like Stauskas but SG is probably our position of least need. Ennis is great, but probably gets drafted well-before we pick.
            Last edited by octothorp; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• And Harrell's now shoot 66% on three-pointers for the season!! (Okay, just 2 of 3).

Comment

• I'm with you on Ennis, but he's climbing up mocks with his great play, justifiably so. I could see him going top 10 easily. Obviously, a lot can happen between now and June, but barring a trade, I don't think Ennis is a possibility

Comment

• Halftime in Virginia.. Ennis has looked very good vs. best ACC team.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• harrell looks like a good option but don't we have enough PF's? unless we sell Handsbro or 2pat

Comment

• INteresting article on drafted players: NCAA vs. D-League. Here is money shot:

One conclusion that Cuban has reached: Playing in the NCAA is not the ideal way to prepare for an NBA career. He hopes the D-League emerges as a clearly superior option.

"Then you wouldn't be under the stupidity of the NCAA," Cuban said. "There's no reason for the NCAA to exist. None."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...er-option-ncaa
                      I agree with Cuban.

Comment

• Harrell is 6'6 and can't shoot. If he fell to the 2nd round then I'd consider him but he seems like an energy big. Kind of like what we had in Acy.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          INteresting article on drafted players: NCAA vs. D-League. Here is money shot:

I agree with Cuban.
                          Totally agree as well.. The problem with the D League is that's kind of a joke.

If you want to be good (ie, drafted high) I would assume you'd want to play with real competition. The NCAA will probably always have that advantage over the D League unless that mentality changes - and that could take a very long time. The NBA really needs to make the D League a more respectable league some how. I mean the WNBA probably gets better crowds than some D League games.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Harrell is 6'6 and can't shoot. If he fell to the 2nd round then I'd consider him but he seems like an energy big. Kind of like what we had in Acy.
                            He's 6'8 in shoes just an inch shorter then 2 pat but harrell also has a 7'4 wingspan
                            I personally think the best option at 20 if were going for a PF is Clint Capela

Comment

• Anyone else excited for the Kansas vs Oklahoma State matchup tonight. I want to catch some marcus smart gameplay and it certainly helps that hes playing against wiggins and embiid.

Comment

• K.J McDaniels :
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Lr2...re=c4-overview

If he falls to the second round I say we get him to replace Salmons as our SF off the bench. He can shoot it alright but not great also fantastic on defense can defend multiple positions ala Terren Ross

Comment

Working...
                                X