No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been on the Napier band wagon since the start of the college season. He's got that calmness about his game and thrives in those big moments. Hope Rap's give him a long look in the second round, but he may have worked his way into the first round now.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I've been on the Napier band wagon since the start of the college season. He's got that calmness about his game and thrives in those big moments. Hope Rap's give him a long look in the second round, but he may have worked his way into the first round now.
      Its funny really, considering when I mentioned him at the beginning of February, he wasn't even on most Draft Boards.
      They say March Madness doesn't really affect a players stock one way or the other, but Shabazz is a perfect example of how you can play yourself into a Million Dollar contract.

Comment

• Now that the tourney is over.. hopefully we'll get some news now on who's going to declare and who's not.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          I continue to not be sold on Kyle Anderson. I can't see him defending ANY position in the NBA, so who cares if he calls himself a PG or a SF. He can call himself Batman if he wants, but until I see evidence that he can guard other NBA players then I don't want him in the first round. There are too many better prospects that we'd have to pass on to draft him.

With the Sacto pick, maybe but even then there might be better options. I'm not sure that Anderson has any real NBA level skills. He's good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Will he even still be good at things in the NBA, or just average at a lot of things?
          Agreed, but I look forward to seeing him try and prove himself.

Comment

I continue to not be sold on Kyle Anderson. I can't see him defending ANY position in the NBA, so who cares if he calls himself a PG or a SF. He can call himself Batman if he wants, but until I see evidence that he can guard other NBA players then I don't want him in the first round. There are too many better prospects that we'd have to pass on to draft him.

With the Sacto pick, maybe but even then there might be better options. I'm not sure that Anderson has any real NBA level skills. He's good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Will he even still be good at things in the NBA, or just average at a lot of things?
            There are definitely concerns especially on D. I just don't think there is a fundamental problem of not being able to play him at a non-PG position.

I think D concerns are usually the main concerns for many players. It's also a concern for guys like Ennis, Stauskas, McDermott...and pretty much any guy who's a tweener forward (or guard for that matter).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Finally figure out who Napier reminds me of. DJ Augustin.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                There are definitely concerns especially on D. I just don't think there is a fundamental problem of not being able to play him at a non-PG position.

I think D concerns are usually the main concerns for many players. It's also a concern for guys like Ennis, Stauskas, McDermott...and pretty much any guy who's a tweener forward (or guard for that matter).

I have less concerns about D for guys like Ennis and Stauskas, because they immediately bring an NBA level skill (Ennis it's courtvision and decision making, bball IQ) and Stauskas it's shooting. Plus I think Stauskas is better than he's often given credit for.

I just don't see what Anderson would do other than a niche role, as a back-up. Sorry, I want better than that from my 1st rounder.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I have less concerns about D for guys like Ennis and Stauskas, because they immediately bring an NBA level skill (Ennis it's courtvision and decision making, bball IQ) and Stauskas it's shooting. Plus I think Stauskas is better than he's often given credit for.

I just don't see what Anderson would do other than a niche role, as a back-up. Sorry, I want better than that from my 1st rounder.
                  Wait so you think Stauskas will be more than a niche player?

Comment

Wait so you think Stauskas will be more than a niche player?

yes
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Stauskas is athletic and has quick enough feet that i have confidence he'd have no real trouble learning how to play proper defense, team defense at the very least.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Stauskas reminds me of Ray Allen. Both have pure, perfect shooting mechanics and have vastly underrated ball handle and court vision. I'd be ecstatic if Masai traded up for him, i really think he's going to be something special. His work ethic is incredible too.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Stauskas is athletic and has quick enough feet that i have confidence he'd have no real trouble learning how to play proper defense, team defense at the very least.
                          He's terrible defensively from everything I've seen. I feel like people reach doe positives because they like his shooting.

Comment

• I like Shabazz but i wouldn't use a first rounder (unless it was the very back end of the draft) on him.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's terrible defensively from everything I've seen. I feel like people reach doe positives because they like his shooting.

never said he was a good defender, just that he has the qualities needed to be an effective one.

people need to remember, but that Michigan team wasn't really built to defend, per se. it was built to run and gun.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I like Shabazz but i wouldn't use a first rounder (unless it was the very back end of the draft) on him.
                                I mentioned this earlier, but i like the idea of drafting shabazz and anderson as a duo lol.

But also, that new RPM stat on ESPN hates volume scoring PGs like Jennings, augustin and aaron brooks.
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X