The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Based on "very shy, doesn't talk much" I'm going to assume we got the next Kawhi Leonard. Great pick.
    That would be amazing. If we picked up the next Kwahi Leonard @ 20. That would be a steal, even in a "deep" draft.

I hope to see him in Summer League. Maybe the fact that he's from a poor family, might push him to come to the NBA sooner? Who knows. He'll likely want to help support his family, and tha'ts the best way.

Though, I'm sure he knows that to do that, he'll have to work his tail off. But, being from a poor family, I'm sure he had to work his tail off to get to where he is now to begin with, so I'm liking this guy's character.

Comment

• I can't find it now but earlier in the day some blog posted an official looking list of the name of each likely draft pick with the phonetic spelling beside it so there wouldn't be any screw ups on the stage. I assume, by his absence from the list, Adam Silver was very confident in his pronunciation of Bruno Cabocio.

Comment

• Paul Jones Twitter:

He's in the US now. Played on same club team as Barbosa. Great defensive feel. He will be working with coaches in LA ASAP then to Vegas

Casey: He's excited and hungry... Tremendous upside is what Casey stressed. When asked if he could guard KD..Bruno said yes #2014NBAdraft

Casey: Phx was a team that knew him...plan was Tyler 1st then he was plan B. Nobody will disappointed. His potential is greater than others

Comment

• Have to have the 24 hour rule in effect. If your about to say something you might regret wait for 24 hours before you do it.

Hope we get to see Bruno in summer league. Everyone in that draft room had to buy in to some degreee. They can't be that wrong. This Raptor draft has surely not followed even remotely any of the predictions and thoughts written up in this thread.

Colour me skeptical until we get to see Bruno live.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Pretty clear plan was for ennis and Bruno but Phx messed it up

No one would be complaining if went to plan.

Oh well.

Bucher is really pushing Lowry..... Wow

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I hope they can change PHX's mind about Ennis. I'm kinda excited about Bruno

Comment

• Also... People. The youngest player in the draft was Bruno. Born 1995... What does this mean? HE IS NOT DONE GROWING. 6'9'' now? 6'11'' later. And guess what? He has only played ball for 5 years, and shoots 3 pointers well. Not even Giannis can shoot well. He may be under-publicized (was given a draft promise, did not work out for any team, comes from poor family, etc) but his upside includes these abilities:

1. 6'9''... 6'11'' ??
                  2. Quick and agile body, good leaping ability, good balance
                  3. Crazy (really crazy) wingspan
                  4. Good Shooting ability, stretching to the 3
                  5. 18 years old
                  6. Defensive potential is huge
                  7. Humble, has a drive to succeed, probably will be great for our locker room!
                  8. Spurs were interested in him

Could be we want to have his rights now, so that we can begin a rookie season with Bruno at age 20. From the age of 18 to 20, stars can either go from unknown to first overall, or from first overall to undrafted. What if Bruno projects to be a Lottery pick in 2016? To get him with a 20th pick now could be the longest long con in NBA history. Only time will tell.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Just wanted to poke my head in.

1) Like the Caboclo pick. Surprised me, but reading up I like him better than the guys I had ranked. Just came out of nowhere.
                      2) Like the Daniels pick. He's a solid 3+D prospect and has the size for SF. Would pair well with DD or Ross.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        I hope they can change PHX's mind about Ennis. I'm kinda excited about Bruno
                        If Lowry leaves a nice threat of a max offer to Bledsoe, maybe?

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 2m
                          So, putting pieces together, Raptors wanted Ennis and hoped to do the Salmons trade to get Caboclo at 22. Makes sense.
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 2m
                            So, putting pieces together, Raptors wanted Ennis and hoped to do the Salmons trade to get Caboclo at 22. Makes sense.
                            Damn, Masai's plan was foiled. It looks brilliant actually... I am so sad it didn't work out.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

#wethenorth he's done his research. He knows his shit, I am actually excited for his arrival!
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun 2m
                                That made sense.

What I don't get is that if Ennis was their top priority, and Phoenix wanted a PG, why not draft Napier @ #20 and flip him with a 2nd round pick for Ennis? They had 10 minutes to discuss options with Phoenix... I've had faith in the past, including being supportive of the JV pick, but this one scares me... and yes, I hope to be proven wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X