• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Crystal ball: one of them will be a raptor
    I dunno man... I hope so.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      I dunno man... I hope so.
      Not going to like what it will cost to do it.

Comment

• Matt, why so sure that we'll get one of those guys?

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          Matt, why so sure that we'll get one of those guys?
          Talking out my ass based on belief I think Ujiri recognizes this is an abnormal year league wide after things came together after 20 games in.

But I am really enjoying this year. Overall raps playing really good ball.

Comment

Talking out my ass based on belief I think Ujiri recognizes this is an abnormal year league wide after things came together after 20 games in.

I very much doubt any of them become Raptors next year. That list was pretty small. Vonleh might be the most attainable (although I question whether he'll come out this year) but even he would be hard to get.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

It's going to take more than a DeRozan and our 2014th pick that's for sure. I'm in the camp for trying but I believe we're past the Colangelo "swinging for the fences type deal" already.

PS> Embiid's back might scare some teams off though - but very, very unlikely!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• In a perfect world, I'd prefer to find a way to get Ennis (somehow - without costing the entire future of this franchise). We can waive goodbye to GV, let him back up and once Lowry's new contract runs out in 2017-2018, Ennis takes over!
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Some teams are tanking way to hard to give up their pick in a trade.. I can envision a guy in that list will become a Raptor one day, just not this summer.. I think they become tradeable assets after next year when they aren't hot commodities anymore though.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    It's going to take more than a DeRozan and our 2014th pick that's for sure. I'm in the camp for trying but I believe we're past the Colangelo "swinging for the fences type deal" already.

PS> Embiid's back might scare some teams off though - but very, very unlikely!
                    I was thinking someone sliding - because players always rise in March Madness and pre-draft workouts - combined with the possibility of an 8-12 pick (specifically Cavs, Cats (i.e. Pistons), Magic (i.e. Nuggets)). Smart, Randle, Vonleh are the ones I'm thinking.

Again, talking out of my ass.

Comment

• Liking that scouts take on Exum. If he became like a prime Anfernee Hardaway I'd be a very happy man.

Comment

I was thinking someone sliding - because players always rise in March Madness and pre-draft workouts - combined with the possibility of an 8-12 pick (specifically Cavs, Cats (i.e. Pistons), Magic (i.e. Nuggets)). Smart, Randle, Vonleh are the ones I'm thinking.

Again, talking out of my ass.
                        This actually sounds like a plausible scenario.

How desperate are the Cavs to make Kyrie happy?

Toronto's guys are known as good locker room presences too, may be just what they need.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• DraftExpress' latest mock is up: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Of note: Tyler Ennis at only 14; if Ennis fell that far down, I'd almost expect the Raps to move up in the draft to get him. Six slots' difference isn't that huge a deal. Jusuf Nurkic insanely high at 11 - I know he's been moving up in scouts' eyes but that's a huge jump. Ditto Clint Capela moving up to 13.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                            DraftExpress' latest mock is up: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

Of note: Tyler Ennis at only 14; if Ennis fell that far down, I'd almost expect the Raps to move up in the draft to get him. Six slots' difference isn't that huge a deal. Jusuf Nurkic insanely high at 11 - I know he's been moving up in scouts' eyes but that's a huge jump. Ditto Clint Capela moving up to 13.
                            IT HAS BEGUN!

lol - I wondered what Syracuse's losing streak would do to Ennis. Without a doubt best thing that could happen for the Raptors - assuming he comes out which does not appear to be a definite.

Comment

• Noah Vonleh would fit perfectly with our current core
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

IT HAS BEGUN!

lol - I wondered what Syracuse's losing streak would do to Ennis. Without a doubt best thing that could happen for the Raptors - assuming he comes out which does not appear to be a definite.
                                He actually played pretty well during that stretch, or at least I thought so. Cuse's lack of depth is what's hurting them. I'm surprised he dropped.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X