Page 109 of 337 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damnnnnn. Anybody see dat shove by Napier on boat right. Feisty little sucks ain't he

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But u guys see why I say Napier is so small. The height of this team is causing problems for him right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps should be lookin at Napier in the second round

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    But u guys see why I say Napier is so small. The height of this team is causing problems for him right now

He's listed 6'1 taller kyle lowry,

But it's not gonna make or break nothing, second rounders are usually d league players, if Napier can even play even like 3 years, he's a steal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    He's listed 6'1 taller kyle lowry,

But it's not gonna make or break nothing, second rounders are usually d league players, if Napier can even play even like 3 years, he's a steal
    We have to have him.

His name is Shabazz.

I wish that was my name.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    We have to have him.

His name is Shabazz.

I wish that was my name.
    I know I love it too

Shabbazz is such a dirty name

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I know I love it too

Shabbazz is such a dirty name
    When he scores the announcers would say,

"SHABAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NAPIER!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    When he scores the announcers would say,

"SHABAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NAPIER!
    Myself, personally can't wait for dat day

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, the DX report you show there is from September 2010. That's almost more than 3 and a half years....Not really relevant at this point.
    uuhhh...I said it was from 2010. I also said that I can find NO EVIDENCE that Anderson has EVER played SF. That's how far I've searched -- 4 years of reports, nothing on his ability to play the 3.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    uuhhh...I said it was from 2010. I also said that I can find NO EVIDENCE that Anderson has EVER played SF. That's how far I've searched -- 4 years of reports, nothing on his ability to play the 3.
    Have you watched UCLA play? He very clearly plays the 3. And has been said, every listing of him either lists his position as G/F or just straight SF. His role has been playing the point, his position is SF. And guys change all the time. Especially means little in high school. Often in high school the best non-C player runs the point.

From a more recent posting in the same draftexpress profile where you pulled out an almost 4 year old high school based report (so I don't know why you seemed to ignore it or totally miss it).

Anderson measured 6'8.5" with an excellent 7'2.5" wingspan and 9' standing reach at the Nike Hoop Summit, giving him excellent measurables for any wing position, and especially for one who shows the feel for the game and ability to handle the basketball that Anderson possesses. He ended up his freshman season posting averages of 9.7 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game in just under 30 minutes per night, while shooting 41.6% from the field.

Anderson is a versatile player, with the size and length to play the small forward position but the ball handling ability to funnel much of the playmaking and ball handling duties through. Not a great athlete by NBA – or even high-level NCAA – standards, Anderson gets by using a series of fakes, misdirections, and spin moves in order to create the separation needed.

He's most comfortable setting up his teammates, where he is able to use his high vantage point to see over the defense, and has the willingness and court vision to use that advantage in order to setup his teammates. His 4.4 assists per 40 minutes pace adjusted was by far the top total amongst small forwards in our top 100 database, and an excellent figure for a small forward, particularly considering the landscape of the UCLA team.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2yGOalsPV
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with this.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It should probably also be noted that Anderson is one of the more divisive prospects in this draft. So it's not surprising we can't come to some sort of consensus about his upside/fit.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It should probably also be noted that Anderson is one of the more divisive prospects in this draft. So it's not surprising we can't come to some sort of consensus about his upside/fit.
    Some people love him and Others hate him

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This. There are a few interesting prospects in the draft who will be fun to see how their game translates to the pros, Warren and McDermott for example. Anderson is even more intriguing, he's just so different.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Doug is very interesting I think he will be really good.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I continue to not be sold on Kyle Anderson. I can't see him defending ANY position in the NBA, so who cares if he calls himself a PG or a SF. He can call himself Batman if he wants, but until I see evidence that he can guard other NBA players then I don't want him in the first round. There are too many better prospects that we'd have to pass on to draft him.

With the Sacto pick, maybe but even then there might be better options. I'm not sure that Anderson has any real NBA level skills. He's good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Will he even still be good at things in the NBA, or just average at a lot of things?

16. Like CanadianBaller83, ceez, blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been on the Napier band wagon since the start of the college season. He's got that calmness about his game and thrives in those big moments. Hope Rap's give him a long look in the second round, but he may have worked his way into the first round now.

18. Like CanadianBaller83, Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I've been on the Napier band wagon since the start of the college season. He's got that calmness about his game and thrives in those big moments. Hope Rap's give him a long look in the second round, but he may have worked his way into the first round now.
    Its funny really, considering when I mentioned him at the beginning of February, he wasn't even on most Draft Boards.
    They say March Madness doesn't really affect a players stock one way or the other, but Shabazz is a perfect example of how you can play yourself into a Million Dollar contract.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that the tourney is over.. hopefully we'll get some news now on who's going to declare and who's not.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I continue to not be sold on Kyle Anderson. I can't see him defending ANY position in the NBA, so who cares if he calls himself a PG or a SF. He can call himself Batman if he wants, but until I see evidence that he can guard other NBA players then I don't want him in the first round. There are too many better prospects that we'd have to pass on to draft him.

With the Sacto pick, maybe but even then there might be better options. I'm not sure that Anderson has any real NBA level skills. He's good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Will he even still be good at things in the NBA, or just average at a lot of things?
    Agreed, but I look forward to seeing him try and prove himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post

There are definitely concerns especially on D. I just don't think there is a fundamental problem of not being able to play him at a non-PG position.

I think D concerns are usually the main concerns for many players. It's also a concern for guys like Ennis, Stauskas, McDermott...and pretty much any guy who's a tweener forward (or guard for that matter).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

23. Like grindhouse liked this post
Page 109 of 337 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast

Thread Information