Page 110 of 337 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally figure out who Napier reminds me of. DJ Augustin.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    There are definitely concerns especially on D. I just don't think there is a fundamental problem of not being able to play him at a non-PG position.

I think D concerns are usually the main concerns for many players. It's also a concern for guys like Ennis, Stauskas, McDermott...and pretty much any guy who's a tweener forward (or guard for that matter).

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I have less concerns about D for guys like Ennis and Stauskas, because they immediately bring an NBA level skill (Ennis it's courtvision and decision making, bball IQ) and Stauskas it's shooting. Plus I think Stauskas is better than he's often given credit for.

I just don't see what Anderson would do other than a niche role, as a back-up. Sorry, I want better than that from my 1st rounder.

3. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I have less concerns about D for guys like Ennis and Stauskas, because they immediately bring an NBA level skill (Ennis it's courtvision and decision making, bball IQ) and Stauskas it's shooting. Plus I think Stauskas is better than he's often given credit for.

I just don't see what Anderson would do other than a niche role, as a back-up. Sorry, I want better than that from my 1st rounder.
    Wait so you think Stauskas will be more than a niche player?

Post Thanks / Like

Wait so you think Stauskas will be more than a niche player?

yes

Post Thanks / Like

Stauskas is athletic and has quick enough feet that i have confidence he'd have no real trouble learning how to play proper defense, team defense at the very least.
    @jerboat

7. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stauskas reminds me of Ray Allen. Both have pure, perfect shooting mechanics and have vastly underrated ball handle and court vision. I'd be ecstatic if Masai traded up for him, i really think he's going to be something special. His work ethic is incredible too.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Stauskas is athletic and has quick enough feet that i have confidence he'd have no real trouble learning how to play proper defense, team defense at the very least.
    He's terrible defensively from everything I've seen. I feel like people reach doe positives because they like his shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Shabazz but i wouldn't use a first rounder (unless it was the very back end of the draft) on him.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

He's terrible defensively from everything I've seen. I feel like people reach doe positives because they like his shooting.

never said he was a good defender, just that he has the qualities needed to be an effective one.

people need to remember, but that Michigan team wasn't really built to defend, per se. it was built to run and gun.
    @jerboat

12. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Shabazz but i wouldn't use a first rounder (unless it was the very back end of the draft) on him.
    I mentioned this earlier, but i like the idea of drafting shabazz and anderson as a duo lol.

But also, that new RPM stat on ESPN hates volume scoring PGs like Jennings, augustin and aaron brooks.

Post Thanks / Like

basically what i'm saying is defense is waaaayyyyyyy easier to learn than offense. Stauskas, like axel mentioned, already has a few desirable pro qualities where he could make an impact as a rookie. if he got even average at defense you're looking at a high quality starter.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I mentioned this earlier, but i like the idea of drafting shabazz and anderson as a duo lol.

But also, that new RPM stat on ESPN hates volume scoring PGs like Jennings, augustin and aaron brooks.
    i don't get the anderson love at all but that's just me i guess
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

never said he was a good defender, just that he has the qualities needed to be an effective one.

people need to remember, but that Michigan team wasn't really built to defend, per se. it was built to run and gun.
    Agreed. Stauskas didn't defend at Michigan because nobody defended at Michigan. Put him on a defensive team, and he'll pick up enough team concepts to manage fine. He won't ever be a lock down guy, but I see no reason he can't be a solid contributor.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't get the anderson love at all but that's just me i guess
    Me too!!

Just because he's tall for one position, doesn't mean he can play in the NBA. I don't see any NBA level skills.

18. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What qualities? He's at least as athletically challenged as Andersen. He has poor length and wingspan. And he's not strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron Brooks isn't that bad. If it wasn't for the lock-out and his trip to China, he likely would have been more on the radar this season (as opposed to 3rd string on Houston behind Beverley and Lin). Brooks has been tearing it up down the stretch now that he is getting minutes (since a trade).

I also can't imagine the words "volume scorer" and "augustin"

Post Thanks / Like

What qualities? He's at least as athletically challenged as Andersen. He has poor length and wingspan. And he's not strong.

ummmmm.....shoot?

Post Thanks / Like

Aaron Brooks isn't that bad. If it wasn't for the lock-out and his trip to China, he likely would have been more on the radar this season (as opposed to 3rd string on Houston behind Beverley and Lin). Brooks has been tearing it up down the stretch now that he is getting minutes (since a trade).

I also can't imagine the words "volume scorer" and "augustin"
    from espn insider:

Score-first point guards

Examples: D.J. Augustin (-4.7), Aaron Brooks (-4.0), Brandon Jennings (-4.4)

There's one other skill statistic that correlates as well with RPM as steals, and that's assists, which is the strongest single factor in offensive RPM. That's bad news for point guards who tend to rack up relatively few of them.

The other common factor among Augustin, Brooks and Jennings is that they're poor, undersized defenders. But while some point guards, such as Ramon Sessions (-1.4), can compensate at the other end, this group's offensive ratings are much worse than the average point guard. RPM simply isn't impressed by their volume scoring, which generally doesn't translate to wins.

Post Thanks / Like

from espn insider:
    Augustin doesn't score though. So while it's true he's awful defensively, he's not exactly a light 'em up scorer like the others mentioned. He's an awful basketball player who is slightly better on offence.

Post Thanks / Like

Augustin doesn't score though. So while it's true he's awful defensively, he's not exactly a light 'em up scorer like the others mentioned. He's an awful basketball player who is slightly better on offence.
    he is averaging 17.6 points per 36 with chicago.

Page 110 of 337 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Thread Information