Page 113 of 337 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You sound exactly like our old PF
    maybe I am your old PF

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    maybe I am your old PF
    Gilbert?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I weighed like 155-165 or so through my last couple of years in high school. So most guys half a foot taller than me were rail thin like you. They might have even weighed more, but because they were so stretched out they had no power.
    I have a friend who's 6'5" 160 at most. he tried convincing us that he was like 170 but this dude is scrawny as fuck and my other friend lifted him pretty easily.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said though...it's also fun (and I imagine it is for Chuck sometimes too) because people ALWAYS underestimate you.

I like Chuck Hayes. Actually he used to have pretty good athleticism which helped make up for his size. Just don't like seeing him in certain matchups....
    I don't feel so bad anymore being a skinny 6'5 (6'6 in shoes) and having to play center against 6'9 (240-250) guys. I also make a mockery of your nickname and could also run with the best of the guards, but it was still brutal on the boards and post defense.

That being said, Stauskus is a lot more athletic than Anderson from what I've seen, it makes me think you are buying into the stereotype when describing him :P

Post Thanks / Like

Gilbert?
    My middle name is actually Gilbert Ahahah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    I don't feel so bad anymore being a skinny 6'5 (6'6 in shoes) and having to play center against 6'9 (240-250) guys. I also make a mockery of your nickname and could also run with the best of the guards, but it was still brutal on the boards and post defense.

That being said, Stauskus is a lot more athletic than Anderson from what I've seen, it makes me think you are buying into the stereotype when describing him :P
    Stauskas has decent athleticism by college standards...but NBA is a different beast. He might be very slightly more explosive....but Anderson plays a very deliberate slow style as well, so it's hard to judge. But laterally? Quickness-wise from side to side? Not sure about that. If there is a difference it's negligible. And Anderson has better physical tools from the perspective of height, length and weight.

*I'm not just making this shit up about Stauskas. It's been part of the book on him for the last 2 years.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My middle name is actually Gilbert Ahahah
    Weird....

Post Thanks / Like

Stauskas has decent athleticism by college standards...but NBA is a different beast. He might be very slightly more explosive....but Anderson plays a very deliberate slow style as well, so it's hard to judge. But laterally? Quickness-wise from side to side? Not sure about that. If there is a difference it's negligible. And Anderson has better physical tools from the perspective of height, length and weight.
    Indeed, Anderson is also a bit shifty in terms of his moves where as Stauskus is more of a straight line driver only. I think in terms of pure leaping ability, Stauskus has him beat pretty easily (but that isn't saying much).
    That being said, Stauskus I'm sure is going to at least be a rotation guy, I am eager to see what Anderson can do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and have the entire offense built around his solid overall game.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my take on this debate about Kyle Anderson and Nik Stauskas

I'm my opinion these guys prime stats and roles would most likely be

Kyle Anderson - 15ppg 6reb 6asts
    Starting SF or PF for small ball

Nik Stauskas - 17ppg 4reb 3asts 43% from 3
    Sixth man or starting SG for a solid defensive team ala J.J Redick

Post Thanks / Like

J.J has willed himself to become a good defensive player over the journey, despite his mediocre physical attributes. Would be a good player for Stauskus to model his work ethic on.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, Anderson is also a bit shifty in terms of his moves where as Stauskus is more of a straight line driver only. I think in terms of pure leaping ability, Stauskus has him beat pretty easily (but that isn't saying much).
    That being said, Stauskus I'm sure is going to at least be a rotation guy, I am eager to see what Anderson can do when he doesn't have the ball in his hands all the time and have the entire offense built around his solid overall game.
    Well that's why I said Stauskas has a higher floor. If he can be even just slightly below average on D, he's at least an 8-10 guy in a rotation as a shooter.

Anderson has a lot of risk and could struggle to find his niche, but if he can be passable on D, he has more tools to impact the game with. And his size and passing ability make him very intriguing for what it can offer when trying to cause problems for the other team matching up against you.

And for what it's worth, I feel like guys with good size and passing ability have a pretty good track record in the NBA, despite some of them having pretty unspectacular athleticism. Maybe Anderson is going to be an overdue bust for that type of player, or maybe he just keeps up the solid track record.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my take on this debate about Kyle Anderson and Nik Stauskas

I'm my opinion these guys prime stats and roles would most likely be

Kyle Anderson - 15ppg 6reb 6asts
    Starting SF or PF for small ball

Nik Stauskas - 17ppg 4reb 3asts 43% from 3
    Sixth man or starting SG for a solid defensive team ala J.J Redick
    I don't know where you got those stats....They don't match their DX profiles or sport-reference (basketball reference for college) pages. Specifically your rebound stats. Stauskas averages 2.9 REB....Anderson 8.8.
    **Oh, nevermind, didn't notice you said these were stats you thought were possible. For some reason just assumed they were college stats that you were basing your opinion on...my bad...the stats you posted are almost exactly their college stats from this year.

I see a Redick-type role as Stauskas' ceiling in the best-case. I see a Jodie Meeks as hopefully his floor. And for bust risk I see a slim chance he's a Kapono or Fredette.

I see a role similar to young Diaw for Anderson, with his ceiling being higher, and hopefully his floor being not too much lower. For a bust risk, I don't have a good comparison, because I'm strongly to think of passing forwards who washed out off the top of my head, but he certainly has the chance to bust and wash out.

Post Thanks / Like

J.J has willed himself to become a good defensive player over the journey, despite his mediocre physical attributes. Would be a good player for Stauskus to model his work ethic on.
    It took years of SVG hammering him for it though. Stauskas needs to be drafted by a team where he'll get similar treatment.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Chad Ford's newest Big Board:

1. Wiggins
    2. Parker
    3. Embiid
    4. Exum
    5. Randle
    6. Aaron Gordon
    7. Noah Vonleh
    8. Marcus Smart
    9. Tyler Ennis
    10. Gary Harris
    11. Clint Capela
    12. Doug McDermott
    13. Zach LaVine
    14. Dario Saric
    15. PJ Hairston
    16. Montrezl Harrell
    17. James Young
    18. Jerami Grant
    19. Nik Stauskas
    20. Willie Cauley-Stein
    21. Adreian Payne
    22. Rodney Hood
    23. Cleanthony Early
    24. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
    25. KJ McDaniels
    26. Shabazz Napier
    27. Kyle Anderson
    28. TJ Warren
    29. Chris Walker
    30. Jusuf Nurkic

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Please @ Cauley-Stein.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Please @ Cauley-Stein.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, all the guys I want us to draft in the five spots right before us. That's probably how it'll go down. If any of those 13-19 guys drop to 20, that's who I'd want.

Interesting to see Hollis-Jefferson on the list, I thought he was generally considered a lock to go back to Arizona last year... did something change with his status? Most mocks have had him as a 2015 lottery pick. He's super-raw and has no shot yet, but has very intriguing defensive potential. He really should go back to college, but if he does declare, he'd be a very high upside project for a late first-rounder.
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Yeah, all the guys I want us to draft in the five spots right before us. That's probably how it'll go down. If any of those 13-19 guys drop to 20, that's who I'd want.

Interesting to see Hollis-Jefferson on the list, I thought he was generally considered a lock to go back to Arizona last year... did something change with his status? Most mocks have had him as a 2015 lottery pick. He's super-raw and has no shot yet, but has very intriguing defensive potential. He really should go back to college, but if he does declare, he'd be a very high upside project for a late first-rounder.
    Hollis-Jefferson jumped out to me also, he's my favourite wing prospect I think, lots of potential. But I agree he's likely to return to school, most people seem to think he would.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Cauley-Stein is there at 20! That's the steal of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollis-Jefferson jumped out to me also, he's my favourite wing prospect I think, lots of potential. But I agree he's likely to return to school, most people seem to think he would.
    I like him as well, he has some flash but his overall offense isn't quite there yet. Had a very solid tournament, Arizona wouldn't have made it out of the second round without him.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 113 of 337 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast

Thread Information