No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed, I can see him being a bit of a surprise on draft night with one team falling in love with his size and speed and not risking him falling into the second round.

Comment

• Chris Walker looks like a stud in the making. Long athletic, agile and blocks shots and rebounds. I think hes the Drummond of this draft only a PF not a C version.

Check out his vids kid is insane: http://communitywebline.ca/expand.ph...torsbasketball

Comment

• UNDER THE RADAR 2014 NBA Draft picks

We currently have 3 picks in the 2014 draft and there are two players with incredible upside that posess elite athleticism and size to be studs at the next level. Two guys I don't see being talked about much are Chris Walker of Florida Gators and Thanasis Antenukuompo (Giannis brother).

Walker came in halfway through the season and hasn't had a chance to show out. If he goes in the late 1st round or anywhere in the second Masai has to take him.

Thananis is 2 years older than his brother but he is even more athletic, better hops and much faster. He has been making big strides in the D-league this year and I believe we could steal him late in the 2nd round.

Check out these vids of both Walker and Thanasis, both are incredible athletes with size, although very raw, will develop into something special with some quality developmental coaching.

http://communitywebline.ca/expand.ph...torsbasketball

Comment

• Well, if they will develop with good coaching looks like there's no need for them here! BAM!

Comment

• So according to Thanasis wiki profile, his nickname is also the Greek Freak! And they have two younger brothers, Kostas and Alexis. I guess their nicknames are also Greek Freaks.

I'm starting to understand why Greece is bankrupt. They probably named all the budget lines the same and got confused.

Comment

• Fansincetime84 wrote: View Post
              Thananis is 2 years older than his brother but he is even more athletic, better hops and much faster. He has been making big strides in the D-league this year and I believe we could steal him late in the 2nd round.
              I like T-Freak as a player, but the reason Giannis is the one, true Greek Freak is because Giannis is 6'10" with insane speed and athleticism and giant hands, a wing player with power forward size. Thanasis is 6'7" and more of a traditional wing/guard.

Granted, if we can snag him with our Sacramento pick, we should consider it. But I suspect Milwaukee will grab him with either their own second-rounder or with the second-rounder they picked up from the Lakers just so they can have the Freak Brothers united.

Comment

• You guys are getting me all excited about the draft, from the Raps perspective. There seems to be opportunities to steal a top 5 talent late in the 1st round or even 2nd round. And, there really doesn't seem to be that 'generational' talent at the top of the draft who is going to propel the Sixers, Bucks or Magic into a surefire top 3 in the East for years to come. Masai is really going to prove his worth (or not) this off-season. Along with the Lowry & Casey decisions, I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  You guys are getting me all excited about the draft, from the Raps perspective. There seems to be opportunities to steal a top 5 talent late in the 1st round or even 2nd round. And, there really doesn't seem to be that 'generational' talent at the top of the draft who is going to propel the Sixers, Bucks or Magic into a surefire top 3 in the East for years to come. Masai is really going to prove his worth (or not) this off-season. Along with the Lowry & Casey decisions, I can't wait to see how it unfolds.
                  yea im quite pumped up for the offseason more than the playoffs actually

Comment

• I see a sign and trade or Lowry walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• It's finally here:

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        It's finally here:

Still would take him 1st overall 11times outta 10

He's weaknesses are not that bad and can be overcome IMO

Parker's weaknesses are harder to overcome such as lack of foot speed and he just cannot defend anyone 1on1

Embiid weaknesses are he's already injury prone at 19 years old which is a huge red flag
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Gotta take a minute out to appreciate this. Not that drooling over the prospect of landing Wigging wouldn't have been entertainingly time consuming, but it's such a nice change to see the 2014 draft threads taking an appropriate back seat to game day threads at this time of year. We actually get to pay attention to games and not a tank ranking. I love the fact that we can suggest quality guys who may have upside but don't carry the weight of the franchise on them. When is the last time we drafted this late but still had a quality late first round draft pick? 2010 with Davis? (still kind of a high pick). Not 2008 (Hibbert...you know the rest). Maybe 2006? 16th pick joey graham but even he had the weight of being the value of the VC trade. 2000...your 21st pick overall...MoPete. Anyways, nice to be able to look through these names for someone who might be good but doesn't need to be.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            You guys are getting me all excited about the draft, from the Raps perspective. There seems to be opportunities to steal a top 5 talent late in the 1st round or even 2nd round. And, there really doesn't seem to be that 'generational' talent at the top of the draft who is going to propel the Sixers, Bucks or Magic into a surefire top 3 in the East for years to come. Masai is really going to prove his worth (or not) this off-season. Along with the Lowry & Casey decisions, I can't wait to see how it unfolds.
                            Don't forget Weltman!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Don't forget Weltman!
                              You inspired me to go back to my Weltman avatar. NEVER FORGET ABOUT WELTMAN.

Comment

• Remove Wayne Selden from 2014 mock drafts:

Wayne Selden — who was listed as a likely first-round pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by various analysts for much of his freshman season — tweeted on Tuesday that he’s putting off the pros for at least a year.

“Want to let Jayhawk Nation know, I will be returning for my sophomore season! Can’t wait to get to work & get back in the fieldhouse,” Selden, a 6-foot-5, 230-pound shooting guard from Roxbury, Mass., wrote on Twitter shortly after 2 p.m.

He typed those words hours after making a morning phone call to KU coach Bill Self.

“Wayne contacted me this morning and said he was getting annoyed with all the speculation on whether or not he was going to return to school next year or not. He said, ‘What do I do?,’ and I said, ‘If you feel comfortable with everything, tweet it out,’” Self said. “I told him to make sure you are sure. Of course, he is sure.”

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2014/m...ens_basketball

Comment

Working...
                                X