No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the people talking about Lavine we seen what the team looks like when Anderson is not on the floor. Who feels comfortable with Lavine running the show? I don't that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      For the people talking about Lavine we seen what the team looks like when Anderson is not on the floor. Who feels comfortable with Lavine running the show? I don't that's for sure

LaVine is all about potential.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        LaVine is all about potential.
        Hope u r right about him cause I think he is a 2 rounder

Comment

• Even though he isn't likely to be in the 2014 draft, it feels to early to start a 2015 draft thread, but a 2nd round guy I like for 2015 is Frank Kaminsky. I remember him from last year and he continues to impress this March (he's now a Junior at Wisconsin) but there are a few key aspects I like about him:
          1. Legit 7 footer
          2. Learnt from a great defensive college coach (Bo Ryan) and is fundamentally sound (how many rookies can you say that about?)
          3. Key player within the offensive system.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...y-41066/stats/

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Hope u r right about him cause I think he is a 2 rounder

If he comes out, he'll be a 1st rounder for sure (regardless of whether he'll meet his potential). He should stay for another year and come out next year.

Comment

If he comes out, he'll be a 1st rounder for sure (regardless of whether he'll meet his potential). He should stay for another year and come out next year.
              I cant see he has done nothing all year, I seriously mean nothing

Comment

• Though I'm not sold on Kyle Anderson, I'm nowhere near ready to close the books on him, as a Raptor. He seems like a SF in the NBA, and if you compare him to what we have right now at SF (Ross, Salmons), I'd say he's an upgrade as far as ball handling, rebounding and play making are concerned. He's also young, so what you see isn't necessarily what he will become after his body fills out and he learns the game.

He's not like Derrick Williams or Michael Beasley, where he is the size of a SF, but has PF skills. Anderson has the size of a SF and the skills of one as well imo.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Though I'm not sold on Kyle Anderson, I'm nowhere near ready to close the books on him, as a Raptor. He seems like a SF in the NBA, and if you compare him to what we have right now at SF (Ross, Salmons), I'd say he's an upgrade as far as ball handling, rebounding and play making are concerned. He's also young, so what you see isn't necessarily what he will become after his body fills out and he learns the game.

He's not like Derrick Williams or Michael Beasley, where he is the size of a SF, but has PF skills. Anderson has the size of a SF and the skills of one as well imo.
                  I wouldn't want the Raps to use a 1st on him. He's fine for a 2nd rounder, but at 20th~ish, I believe there will be plenty of better options available.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    Embiid has officially declared!
                    Which lucky team is going to get the 7 foot project with back problems who couldn't play a full 30 game season in his first year of college?

Comment

• SI's Mannix's new big board just released.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp

Wiggins still #1, Embiid #2, Parker #3.

Comment

• I mean we would be banking on the kid waking up in the morning and suddenly having no remorse for human life and dunking all over people like Westbrook lol. That's is a big risk. Especially when the kid is playing for one of the top scoring teams in the country and doesn't show that type of ambition. I see the athlete in him, god knows if he one day developed no conscience .... He should stay 1 more year I want to see something on the court from him.

Comment

I mean we would be banking on the kid waking up in the morning and suddenly having no remorse for human life and dunking all over people like Westbrook lol. That's is a big risk. Especially when the kid is playing for one of the top scoring teams in the country and doesn't show that type of ambition. I see the athlete in him, god knows if he one day developed no conscience .... He should stay 1 more year I want to see something on the court from him.

I assume you are talking about Lavine?

Lavine is the type that will get drafted, do nothing for a year or two, and then suddenly click and start showing legit skills. He's young, so I don't expect him to win ROY and for his own development, I think he should go back to school and come out next year as a likely lottery pick; but if he does come out, someone in the first round will draft him. His potential is too good for teams to pass up, especially teams in the 20-30 range that have less holes to plug and can afford more of a project.

Comment

I assume you are talking about Lavine?

Lavine is the type that will get drafted, do nothing for a year or two, and then suddenly click and start showing legit skills. He's young, so I don't expect him to win ROY and for his own development, I think he should go back to school and come out next year as a likely lottery pick; but if he does come out, someone in the first round will draft him. His potential is too good for teams to pass up, especially teams in the 20-30 range that have less holes to plug and can afford more of a project.
                            Sounds like a guy u could lose ur job over if he flops

Comment

Sounds like a guy u could lose ur job over if he flops

If you pick him top 10, yeah, pick him 20-30, no.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                If you pick him top 10, yeah, pick him 20-30, no.
                                In this years draft? Where early could go 20-30

Comment

Working...
                                X