• Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Sounds like a guy u could lose ur job over if he flops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aren't all high draft picks?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      I wouldn't want the Raps to use a 1st on him. He's fine for a 2nd rounder, but at 20th~ish, I believe there will be plenty of better options available.
      Aren't we drafting in the 20's though? I'm not too familiar with the later picks, so I don't know who else might be that much better than Anderson, but I gues it's a deep draft from what I hear.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Aren't we drafting in the 20's though? I'm not too familiar with the later picks, so I don't know who else might be that much better than Anderson, but I gues it's a deep draft from what I hear.
        If Raptors get 3rd they'll be drafting 20th
        4th 19th
        5th 18th
        6th 17th

Dallas/Phoenix/Memphis are 8th in West with 43 wins. Most likely whoever is 8th in west will be picking 21st.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          Here's the latest Mock from Draft Express (updated today)

From 17th on, here's the list of guys I'd take over Anderson
          Stauskas
          TJ Warren
          Montrezl Harrell
          Jerami Grant
          PJ Hairston
          KJ McDaniels
          Adreian Payne
          James Young
          Cleanthony Early
          Zach Lavine
          Bogdan Bogdanovic

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Thanks Matt. Great thing is that where ever we pick, I'm pretty confident that MU is going to nab a quality player. Of course it's sort of become an expectation now that he isn't flying under the radar anymore.

Comment

• Lol I am seeing Kyle Anderson going number 5 on draftnet

Comment

Lol I am seeing Kyle Anderson going number 5 on draftnet

And draftexpress has him at 19, one pick ahead of Raptors current slot.

I don't know where he'll end up going, but nbadraft.net swings wildly with every good/poor outing by a player.

Comment

Lol I am seeing Kyle Anderson going number 5 on draftnet

Which is completely insane. Do you honestly believe he'll get drafted ahead of Randle, Exum, Vonleh or Harris?

FWIW, they also have LaVine at 12 (too high) and Ennis at 18, and Stauskas at 25. Anyone believe the Raps would pass on Stauskas at 20 for Jerami Grant?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Here's the latest Mock from Draft Express (updated today)

From 17th on, here's the list of guys I'd take over Anderson
                    Stauskas
                    TJ Warren
                    Montrezl Harrell
                    Jerami Grant
                    PJ Hairston
                    KJ McDaniels
                    Adreian Payne
                    James Young
                    Cleanthony Early
                    Zach Lavine
                    Bogdan Bogdanovic

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/
                    I like stauskas, grant, Payne, early, and young from that list. Early is probably the best player out of them

Comment

I like stauskas, grant, Payne, early, and young from that list. Early is probably the best player out of them

I like Early a lot and think he'll climb but I think I'd go Stauskas over Early. Early over everyone else seems legit to me. I have always liked Payne (Go Spartans) but don't think his ceiling is as high as the others.

Comment

I like Early a lot and think he'll climb but I think I'd go Stauskas over Early. Early over everyone else seems legit to me. I have always liked Payne (Go Spartans) but don't think his ceiling is as high as the others.
                        would hate to see Stauskas buried behind derozan for the next 3 years

Comment

Which is completely insane. Do you honestly believe he'll get drafted ahead of Randle, Exum, Vonleh or Harris?

FWIW, they also have LaVine at 12 (too high) and Ennis at 18, and Stauskas at 25. Anyone believe the Raps would pass on Stauskas at 20 for Jerami Grant?
                          I don't know, I have serious concerns with Stauskas. Shooters with limited athleticism are not that hard to find, and I can see him having a hard time being more than that in the NBA. Can see him struggling defensively, and struggling to get any other shots off or create for others. All the times I've seen him play (which admittedly is just 4), he looks like a guy who could fairly easily end up being a much worse pro than college player.

So yes, I believe the Raps might pass on Stauskas, though not necessarily for a guy like Grant.

**EDIT: Though even that I see as being a possibility. Grant is far from polished, but he has multi-positional defender potential, which can be very valuable if you believe he can contribute even just a bit on O.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Mar 28, 2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

would hate to see Stauskas buried behind derozan for the next 3 years
                            If we can stop giving minutes to Salmons and GV at the 2-3, then a 3 man rotation of DD, Ross and Stauskas looks pretty good to me.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I don't know, I have serious concerns with Stauskas. Shooters with limited athleticism are not that hard to find, and I can see him having a hard time being more than that in the NBA. Can see him struggling defensively, and struggling to get any other shots off or create for others. All the times I've seen him play (which admittedly is just 4), he looks like a guy who could fairly easily end up being a much worse pro than college player.

So yes, I believe the Raps might pass on Stauskas, though not necessarily for a guy like Grant.
                            I think Stauskas' athleticism isn't that bad. He has improved every facet of his game this year. He has great size (6'6, 205) for the SG position and has diversified his game from catch and shoot guy, to a fairly well rounded scorer. I doubt he'll ever be a big creator for others, but I think he has that spark plug offensive niche role from day one and would hopefully expand from there. I think his D is obviously something he needs to work on, but I don't see him as a major liability (any more than the average rookie).

Comment

• Zach LaVine just declared for the NBA draft!

UCLA lost Kyle Anderson, Zach LaVine, Jordan Adams in the span of 15hrs ahahah
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Zach LaVine just declared for the NBA draft!

UCLA lost Kyle Anderson, Zach LaVine, Jordan Adams in the span of 15hrs ahahah
                                wow I want to really see where zach gets drafted

Comment

Working...
                                X