Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    wow I want to really see where zach gets drafted
    The main reason he declared is because he was being misused at UCLA because the coach gives his son minutes when he is just horrendous.

So Lavine thinks he could develop better in the NBA which is probably right, since his head coach is playing favorite's
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      The main reason he declared is because he was being misused at UCLA because the coach gives his son minutes when he is just horrendous.

So Lavine thinks he could develop better in the NBA which is probably right, since his head coach is playing favorite's
      Lol I never understood why he was coming off the bench. I took it as a red flag but he will have more space in the nba so we will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Here's the latest Mock from Draft Express (updated today)

From 17th on, here's the list of guys I'd take over Anderson
        Stauskas
        TJ Warren
        Montrezl Harrell
        Jerami Grant
        PJ Hairston
        KJ McDaniels
        Adreian Payne
        James Young
        Cleanthony Early
        Zach Lavine
        Bogdan Bogdanovic

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/
        Lots of interesting prospects and a lot of names I've heard and never seen play live in a game before too. I think Lavine has the most potential to be an impact player as well as be a bust from the list that I've actually seen play.

Hairstons, Harrell and Young are all from good programs so they should be serviceable rotation guys thought none really have jumped out at me. I like Payne as a collegiate player, but I get the feeling that his height will be an issue when he gets to the NBA. Again, he could be a serviceable rotation player.

I think I'm a bit enamoured with Anderson because his skill set isn't common among players of his size.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I don't know, I have serious concerns with Stauskas. Shooters with limited athleticism are not that hard to find, and I can see him having a hard time being more than that in the NBA. Can see him struggling defensively, and struggling to get any other shots off or create for others. All the times I've seen him play (which admittedly is just 4), he looks like a guy who could fairly easily end up being a much worse pro than college player.

So yes, I believe the Raps might pass on Stauskas, though not necessarily for a guy like Grant.

**EDIT: Though even that I see as being a possibility. Grant is far from polished, but he has multi-positional defender potential, which can be very valuable if you believe he can contribute even just a bit on O.
          ...uh you do know that Stauskas is athletic right? He has the potential to play both guard spots...

Comment

• I would like Lavine. Can play PG at 6'5. I wish UCLA would have given him more minutes and not haven stuck him on the bench.

Comment

• Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
              I would like Lavine. Can play PG at 6'5. I wish UCLA would have given him more minutes and not haven stuck him on the bench.
              He'd be perfect for us because we wouldn't have to throw him into the game too quickly. He could develop behind Lowry and we could pick his spots. Plus he's tall enough to occasionally try the 2 PG lineup.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                ...uh you do know that Stauskas is athletic right? He has the potential to play both guard spots...
                from draftexpress:

While his draft stock has undoubtedly increased substantially as the year has moved on, concerns still exist among scouts regarding his lack of upside defensively, due to his unappealing combination of poor length, average frame and mediocre lateral quickness.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  from draftexpress:
                  I think he's trying to say Stauskas is not insanely athletic but he's athletic enough for the NBA

Comment

I think he's trying to say Stauskas is not insanely athletic but he's athletic enough for the NBA
                    Maybe, but that quote pretty ties directly back in to whatever was being said about Stauskas' athleticism being an issue.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I don't see why he couldn't at minimum be Steve Kerr
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Maybe, but that quote pretty ties directly back in to whatever was being said about Stauskas' athleticism being an issue.
                        All Im saying is if VASQUEZ can play 20-25 min a night with his athleticism, Nik can certainly do it as well

Comment

All Im saying is if VASQUEZ can play 20-25 min a night with his athleticism, Nik can certainly do it as well
                          Fair.

But I'm hoping that our pick turns into something more than Vasquez. That may be greedy, but I think there are guys who show that potential.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• LaVine is my favourite player in this draft besides the top guys(Wiggins, Exum, Parker etc.). I think he's got a lot of untapped potential. Can't get a read where he's projected to go though. Some mock drafts has him going top 10, some has him going in the 10-20 range. Draftexpress has him going #30 lol.

I say this though. If he's still on the board when it's the Raptors turn. They better take him. I don't care who else is out there. I don't care if Harrell is still there, i don't care if Stauskas is still there, i don't care if Hood is still there. You can't pass on a talent like LaVine.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fair.

But I'm hoping that our pick turns into something more than Vasquez. That may be greedy, but I think there are guys who show that potential.
                              Yeah your right my 1st choice is not gonna be Stauskas in this draft
                              I like LaVine, T.J Warren

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                LaVine is my favourite player in this draft besides the top guys(Wiggins, Exum, Parker etc.). I think he's got a lot of untapped potential. Can't get a read where he's projected to go though. Some mock drafts has him going top 10, some has him going in the 10-20 range. Draftexpress has him going #30 lol.

I say this though. If he's still on the board when it's the Raptors turn. They better take him. I don't care who else is out there. I don't care if Harrell is still there, i don't care if Stauskas is still there, i don't care if Hood is still there. You can't pass on a talent like LaVine.
                                Exactly! In 5 years just imagine how much of a beast he's gonna be

Comment

Working...
                                X