The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Barnes would also tie up valuable cap space with his qualifying offer/cap hold. Like Ross and JV, he will be RFA in 2016.

If that is the year of the FA splash, that will be tough to do.
    True enough.

I would definitely prefer the rookie scale deal of a 20th selection with our pick this year. Will be nice and small.

Though making a FA splash does not necessarily mean signing a max guy. Still though, want to have that as an option at the very least, even if the Raps have a very slim chance of obtaining such a guy.

**And to add to that, given the crop of free agents, it may be possible to sign two quality players with roughly the money that you would offer a KD or Love (if he opts in for his current deal). Say if the Raps had enough money to make competitive offers to both Horford and Batum...
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Mar 29, 2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Looks like Saric is declaring for the draft. Interesting. I thought that he just signed a deal in Europe. His buyout may drop his draft spot...

Comment

• does anyone know what the big deal is on this Saric. I don't see anything that makes him spectacular
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Looks like Saric is declaring for the draft. Interesting. I thought that he just signed a deal in Europe. His buyout may drop his draft spot...

Yeah, that's the right move even if he stays in Europe. He can stay in Europe for 3 years and let the rookie salary restrictions expire.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            does anyone know what the big deal is on this Saric. I don't see anything that makes him spectacular
            No, definitely not spectacular. His upside is as a little-bit-of-everything point forward. Think Hedo Turkoglu (similar passing and ball-handling, similar (mediocre) athleticism, similar off-court attitude questions); but with far better rebounding, more focus on defense, and a pretty crafty post-up game. Which is actually a decent combination. Not spectacular. However at some point in the draft, that may be BPA. One of the most intriguing elements is pick-and-roll. In Europe, he can be either the ball-handler on the pick and roll, or the roller, or he can pick-and-pop. He needs to develop his shot, but you know the cliche about how the shot is the easiest thing to develop.

If he was available when the Raptors were drafting, I would expect he would be in the running, but he'd be a risky pick.

Comment

• It's looking like Lavine could drop down to our range, potential steal there.

Comment

• Let's see how Zeus plays on Arizona

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So far like is pick and roll defense and how he locks his position in the post very strong kid

Comment

• Solid screens

Comment

• I like Kaminsky from Wisconsin, he's going to be an NBA player for sure. Maybe won't come out this season though.
                      Not only can he shoot the three easily, but more importantly he's got nice footwork and moves in the post which is pretty rare these days tbh.

Comment

• I like Chris walker and I also have a fetish towards patric young, could be Quincy acy 2.0. And their both gators so they would have good chemistry already. Pick walker up with sac town pick and young with okc pick. But Isaiah Austin looks pretty dope as well. He would be a dirty as fuck backup to Jo. Legit 7'1 player with a shooting ability
                        Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:05 PM.
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          I like Chris walker and I also have a fetish towards patric young, could be Quincy acy 2.0. And their both gators so they would have good chemistry already. Pick walker up with sac town pick and young with okc pick. But Isaiah Austin looks pretty dope as well. He would be a dirty as fuck backup to Jo. Legit 7'1 player with a shooting ability
                          Patric Young and JV on the same team ... imagine?! Haha

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...tery-pick-quot

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Patric Young and JV on the same team ... imagine?! Haha

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...tery-pick-quot
                            That thread was GOLD!! Ahahah

Now 3 years later JV is a solid NBA with loads of potential

Meanwhile Patric Young is still in the NCAA and is most likely gonna be a 2nd round pick
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Some funny posts in that thread. Young turned out to be a mid second round pick at best...

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                                Some funny posts in that thread. Young turned out to be a mid second round pick at best...
                                Maybe JV should have said Patric young will not be a lottery pick for a fact
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X