No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lietuva won the tournament anyway. USA crashed out in the quarters to Mother Russia

Comment

• I really like Patric Young as a prospect alone. Anyone else? i see good fit if our picks are in the right range

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Patric Young and JV on the same team ... imagine?! Haha

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...tery-pick-quot
        I was too young to have seen that but it looks pretty dope. I would eminently draft young, I didn't even know he was a projected lottery pick. Only adds to the fire
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
          I really like Patric Young as a prospect alone. Anyone else? i see good fit if our picks are in the right range
          I feel u bro
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            I was too young to have seen that but it looks pretty dope. I would eminently draft young, I didn't even know he was a projected lottery pick. Only adds to the fire
            I would rather majestically draft Saric.

Comment

• No interest in Young.

He is an undersized C in the NBA who, as a 4th year/senior, still did not dominate as a 22 year old in the NCAA.

Rebounding is a skill which translate very well to the NBA and he only managed 6.2 per game.

Comment

• His stats are nearly identical in his final three years, have to be rather concerning in regards to his upside.

Comment

• Alright, alright ... if we can trade for San Antonio's 2nd Rounder, then maybe I'll draft Young ..

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    No interest in Young.

He is an undersized C in the NBA who, as a 4th year/senior, still did not dominate as a 22 year old in the NCAA.

Rebounding is a skill which translate very well to the NBA and he only managed 6.2 per game.
                    BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    His stats are nearly identical in his final three years, have to be rather concerning in regards to his upside.
                    I don't mind his low upside, because it would likely be a pick to draft a role player. He's got a good body including decent quickness. Could be a PF/C defensively.

But again, he has to be able to rebound better. This would be my major concern. No way a guy who is limited and can't shoot can get away with being a mediocre rebounder.

If he fell far, I'd gladly take him with OKC's pick. Not likely to get a keeper in the high 50s anyway. Wouldn't take him with our higher 2nd rounder though.

Comment

• I've mocked Young before, but I wouldn't hate him as a mid or late second-rounder. I wouldn't take him with the Sacramento pick, though. I think he could be a solid bench player, and he does a lot of useful things reasonably well like setting screens, team defence, disrupting the opposing offence, and particularly pick-and-roll defence. I can see him carving out a sort of Ronny Turiaf role in the league, which wouldn't suck for a late second-rounder.

Comment

• What would your guys list be of players to possibly pick with our OKC 2nd rounder. Mine involve
                        Aaron Craft
                        Patric Young
                        Russ Smith
                        Melvin Ejim (would have to fall a little.)
                        Thannis Atkn " "

Comment

• Also Adryne Payne going off in Michigan State game right now... I talked about him a few pages back. Still like him depending who is on the board with our 1st and deff with our early 2nd if available.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
                            What would your guys list be of players to possibly pick with our OKC 2nd rounder. Mine involve
                            Aaron Craft
                            Patric Young
                            Russ Smith
                            Melvin Ejim (would have to fall a little.)
                            Thannis Atkn " "
                            That's a solid list. When you look at the fact that at least one of those guys will probably be available with our late pick, it really speaks to the depth of this draft.

Comment

• Anyone know where shabazz Napier is projected to go? I'm sure this run he is having right now will improve his draft stock but he really seems like kemba 2.0. He could just be the flavor of the week for me but that seems like one sweet stroke.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                                Anyone know where shabazz Napier is projected to go? I'm sure this run he is having right now will improve his draft stock but he really seems like kemba 2.0. He could just be the flavor of the week for me but that seems like one sweet stroke.
                                I was saying the same thing about a month ago, and he's only shown to be better. If this keeps up, and UConn makes the Final/Wins it, he could definitely be a Late 1st Rounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X