The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Same with Shabazz Napier out of UConn. Another Senior not getting a lot of Draft love.
    This from Feb. 1st. Glad the opinion on Napier has changed. He'll be a solid Pro.

Comment

This from Feb. 1st. Glad the opinion on Napier has changed. He'll be a solid Pro.
      Definitely hoping his lack of upside scares so people away. He is what he is, and that Is a great shooter and an above average playmaker. Would be a steal in the second round.

Comment

Watching the game against Michigan State, I found myself thinking that Napier reminds me a lot of Bayless (a much less arrogant and more team-first version). His size and style of play are reminiscent of Bayless when he's at his best (capable distributor whose own shot can get hot). Backup PG with scoring ability, drafted early 2nd round... sounds about right.

Comment

• Unrelated but I love that line about the puppy

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Unrelated but I love that line about the puppy
            My Sig?
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Does everybody realize the okc pick could very well not even make the team. That late of a pick is the same as a un drafted player,it's only like 2 away
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                Does everybody realize the okc pick could very well not even make the team. That late of a pick is the same as a un drafted player,it's only like 2 away
                Yeah we do but we could still have a preference for who we want drafted there. If he doesn't make the team it's literally no sweat off anyone's back here
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Does everybody realize the okc pick could very well not even make the team. That late of a pick is the same as a un drafted player,it's only like 2 away
                  Tell that to Isaiah Thomas and the Kings.

Comment

• Can't see the Raptors having 3 rookies next year.

They probably would take a European player for their last pick(OKC pick). A player that we've never heard of before and likely a player that we'll never see in a Raps uniform.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Can't see the Raptors having 3 rookies next year.

They probably would take a European player for their last pick(OKC pick). A player that we've never heard of before and likely a player that we'll never see in a Raps uniform.
                      These aren't your Colangelo era raptors.

Masai had 3 rooks in 2011-12 (faried, Hamilton, stone) and two more in 2012-13 (Fournier and miller).

I think he looks at talent and fit. Age or experience us an after thought.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Can't see the Raptors having 3 rookies next year.

Oh I don't know, I think that will completely depend on the talent available. I can't imagine they'll pass on one guy they like just to send some other over seas. There is always the D-League as well.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Masai had 3 rooks in 2011-12 (faried, Hamilton, stone) and two more in 2012-13 (Fournier and miller)
                          I thought this was the case, but only I was going to say Faried, Fournier and Miller. Forgot about Hamilton.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            These aren't your Colangelo era raptors.

Masai had 3 rooks in 2011-12 (faried, Hamilton, stone) and two more in 2012-13 (Fournier and miller).

I think he looks at talent and fit. Age or experience us an after thought.
                            Not only that, but Ujiri has been very open that he would prefer the end of the bench players to be younger. If you fill roster spot 15 with a 38 year old, there is no room for improvement or development. A 23 year old who was the 58th pick in the draft...at least a chance that they could be developed into something useful down the line.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                              Not only that, but Ujiri has been very open that he would prefer the end of the bench players to be younger. If you fill roster spot 15 with a 38 year old, there is no room for improvement or development. A 23 year old who was the 58th pick in the draft...at least a chance that they could be developed into something useful down the line.
                              And a 23 year old will have slightly higher trade value.

If the person is just going to sit on the bench, flip him to a team for another 2nd rounder?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                                And a 23 year old will have slightly higher trade value.

If the person is just going to sit on the bench, flip him to a team for another 2nd rounder?
                                That's probably a big part of the reasoning. It only makes sense to fill out your bench with mostly vets when you're convinced you have a core to contend (ie. you don't expect to need the pieces to make moves).

Comment

Working...
                                X