Page 137 of 337 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Fuck yes.
    He's like MKG with a better jumpshot and handles
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He's like MKG with a better jumpshot and handles
    As long as he plays above average D, and will not make us play 4 on 5, then take him. He has good size and great length.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I love watching tj warren score for nc state but really unsure if his game will translate to the nba. Seems like a big risk reward at no. 20
    This is the guy I am warming up to more and more. I think he can play the 3 without question at the NBA level. He showed an improvement to his body from his freshman to sophomore years, cutting weight to add mobility, but keeping strength to bully defenders. He brings the size I would like the Raptors to have at the 3 spot, scores in transition and off of cuts very well, great as a 3rd option, plays passing lanes, and gets to the offensive glass.

Warren did not the shot the three that well this year at under 30%, but he shot over 50% as a freshman in much fewer attempts, I think he will be fine in the NBA when he is not looked upon to score 25 points a night. HE also increased his free throw percentage by 15%, the respectable 69%, with a little more improvement he will be solidly in the the 70s

Right now this is my guy at 20 if he is there.

4. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

....arguably the best athleticism of any wing player in the draft not named Andrew Wiggins.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Daniels-41152/

That statement alone has me intrigued.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Daniels-41152/

That statement alone has me intrigued.
    Hmmm. He's kind of lacking in size for a SF though. He seems like a very similar size to DD.

Speaking of which, his scouting report reminds me a lot of a young DD who can play defence. If he's got Demar's work ethic, I can see him turning into something special.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Hmmm. He's kind of lacking in size for a SF though. He seems like a very similar size to DD.

Speaking of which, his scouting report reminds me a lot of a young DD who can play defence. If he's got Demar's work ethic, I can see him turning into something special.
    Good points.

I guess with DeRozan (and a developing Ross) already on the wings, offensive production from a late draft pick, isn't a top priority for me. With Casey re-upped for 3 years, I think "fit" might be more important.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

8. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Good points.

I guess with DeRozan (and a developing Ross) already on the wings, offensive production from a late draft pick, isn't a top priority for me. With Casey re-upped for 3 years, I think "fit" might be more important.
    Definitely at this point, fit is important or else we'll never be able to develop them.

Already having Ross and DD at the SG creates somewhat of a conundrum. do we go out and get a true SF and stifle Ross's growth by playing him off the bench? Or at what point do we decide whether Ross or Derozan is the future at the 2?

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely at this point, fit is important or else we'll never be able to develop them.

Already having Ross and DD at the SG creates somewhat of a conundrum. do we go out and get a true SF and stifle Ross's growth by playing him off the bench? Or at what point do we decide whether Ross or Derozan is the future at the 2?
    Maybe guys need to realize starting in not everything, look at Manu and Jamal Crawford. Hell, even Tyreke Evans came off the bench this year, Taj Gibson has done it for years. Ross can back up the 2 and 3 spots getting lots of minutes and can be more of a focal point on the second unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Maybe guys need to realize starting in not everything, look at Manu and Jamal Crawford. Hell, even Tyreke Evans came off the bench this year, Taj Gibson has done it for years. Ross can back up the 2 and 3 spots getting lots of minutes and can be more of a focal point on the second unit.
    Yeah good point. I guess the issue with Ross is two fold: his game is uniquely suited as a complimentary player surrounded by stars (given his ability to shoot the long ball and defend and lack of ability to create his own shot) and secondly, he really did only break out once moved into the starting 5.

But I guess that is not necessarily the case for every player that we draft.

Post Thanks / Like

a lot depends on what kinda shape Ross comes back in. Casey was saying that Ross truly felt the need the get bigger after getting bodied by guys like Joe Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    a lot depends on what kinda shape Ross comes back in. Casey was saying that Ross truly felt the need the get bigger after getting bodied by guys like Joe Johnson
    That would be very useful.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Hopefully he keeps his quickness, though - his ability to guard elite PG's is pretty useful at times.

15. Like OldSkoolCool, thead, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default trading amir johnson for a chance at kyle anderson

Hi guys long time browser, first time poster.

I was just thinking about how joe johnson posted our wings at will and we had no one big enough to defend him. Well kyle anderson is not only big enough he's a point guard in a small forwards body. We struggled to move the ball during the nets series, and not only will getting kyle anderson help us with our ball movement, Amir Johnson needs to go, with him on the floor the spacing is bad, and it was extremely easy for the nets to double team our players, And honestly amir gets injured every time you blink at him.

I'd hope amir johnson could get a pick around thhe 9-10 range, thoughts?
    Last edited by truuth2; Wed May 7th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote truuth2 wrote: View Post
    Hi guys long time browser, first time poster.

I was just thinking about how joe johnson posted our wings at will and we had no one big enough to defend him. Well kyle anderson is not only big enough he's a point guard in a small forwards body. We struggled to move the ball during the nets series, and not only will getting kyle anderson help us with our ball movement, Amir Johnson needs to go, with him on the floor the spacing is bad, and it was extremely easy for the nets to double team our players, And honestly amir gets injured every time you blink at him.

I'd hope amir johnson could get a pick around thhe 9-10 range, thoughts?
    Welcome to RR, but no.

AJ would not net us a pick in the 9 - 10 Range.

Also, without AJ, our defence would take a HUGE shit.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say stick with the browsing. Sorry.

I'm all for trading to improve the team but your rationale for trading Amir Johnson makes absolutely no sense at all.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    I would say stick with the browsing. Sorry.

I'm all for trading to improve the team but your rationale for trading Amir Johnson makes absolutely no sense at all.
    well then you're stupid.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle Anderson has one of the most unpredictable stocks in the draft. It would not be at all surprising to see him on the board at 20. This trade idea seems pointless at the moment. He's probably mid to late first round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Amir for a 1st rounder in this years draft would be pretty cool, but I only see one team that makes sense. That's the Suns. They have picks 14, 18, and 27. They could use Amir at PF. I could see us maybe getting one of those picks for him (probably 18th or 27th).

It might be a step back defensively next year but with eyes on the future Amir probably isn't a long term piece anymore.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No rookie we draft is going to start this season coming up. It will be the same starting lineup as last year. Their going to look for players that fit the current roster. I personally believe the picks will defensive guys. I think we can stop all the point guard talk since it seems like both GV and Lowry will be back in the fold. Massai said also there was a need for some more shot blocking. Here are my picks

20. Clint Capela

One of the best shot blockers in the draft. African connection with Masai. Casey wanted Bismack a couple years ago as well. Exact same type of player but probably not as raw. Could develop into a Serge Ibaka type player.

37. Damien Inglis

Good "strong" defender. 6'8 1/2 240bls and his only 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

23. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

my bad, maybe he isn't that good.

Page 137 of 337 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 ... LastLast

Thread Information