The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    What do you think of him? Haven't seen many NC State games but the couple I have seen he seems really NBA ready, killer instinct, good finisher but needs to be quicker and more athletic to guard other 3s.

I wouldn't mind Cleanthony Early actually, but I feel like he'll be a step slower than TJ at first.
    sadly, i only know most of these guys through their scouting reports/videos, i'm just not THAT into the NCAA.

TJ Warren sounds like a bigger Demar to me. he's a guy who works inside the 3 point line, but his size allows him to get to the rim a little more. That would be a nice guy to pair with Ross, if we're rotating wings. TJ could also fill our need for a true SF which would be nice. TJ can't shoot though, and if we need one thing its more shooters or postup bigs, not necessarily slashers.

I wouldn't mind that pick but don't see him finding a solid role on our team right away.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Doesn't he have TRex arms
      Then he would fit in perfectly on the Raptors!
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        I'd be happy with TJ Warren, Capella and Russ Smith. All achievable targets, all within our range, all fill a need.
        That would be a crazy-good draft for the Raptors, but I don't think they could get both Warren and Capela; there's even a chance both are gone before our first pick. I've seen Capela projected anywhere from 13 to 30, while Warren seems consistently in the 17-23 range.

Comment

• doublepost!

Comment

• Capela is this year's Biyombo/Giannis. Don't be surprise if he ends being drafted in the top 10.

1st round - BPA. If LaVine is there take him.
            2nd round - McAdoo/Nurkic/Napier
            3rd round - No idea. Aaron Craft???
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Capela is this year's Biyombo/Giannis. Don't be surprise if he ends being drafted in the top 10.

The last pick is where I'd target Patric Young if he falls down there. Don't think he's an upside pick, but has a good shot at being a serviceable NBA big.

And I generally think targeting a big there might be a good thing. In the late 50s, I wouldn't have high hopes that any wing/PG would really be a likely NBA keeper.

Comment

• And I'm torn on LaVine. I see the potential, but I also see a guy who's not at all ready for the NBA the few times I saw UCLA play. Might have to spend most of next year in the D-League. It's no big deal, but I think he really should have stayed in college, though given the situation I fully understand why he didn't.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Capela is this year's Biyombo/Giannis. Don't be surprise if he ends being drafted in the top 10.

That would be awesome to get LaVine. Of those three idk who I'd prefer, maybe nurkic, even though we already have a euro C. I'd much rather Russ Smith than Aaron craft to be honest. Craft seems to me like this year's Peyton Siva.
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Capela has a reputation for being lazy I want Jerami Grant at #20 or Payne. We are full of undersized athletic wings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Personal I very we have are wing position locked up for the next 2 years. Drafting a SF might send a wrong message to Ross in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think Ross wants to be a 2 he needs to get bigger to play the 3 and then its Val rookie vs sophomore trade speed and lift for size

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Personal I very we have are wing position locked up for the next 2 years. Drafting a SF might send a wrong message to Ross in the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          We lack depth at the wing. We need a solid 3rd wing to replace Salmons (hard to imagine the team picking up his $7M option). Might not get a guy who can contribute right away, but it'd be nice to have a prospect somewhere in the rotation behind Ross and DeMar.

That's one of the reasons I'm a bit high on Anderson. No clue what to expect in terms of transition to the NBA, but I see him as possibly being a very natural 6th man. Run the point as a SF and be a do-it-all type of guy who helps control the game with the 2nd unit. Grant, Hood and Warren may also all be available in their range, and all have some intriguing qualities that they bring to the table.

Comment

• Hood and Warren is prob gone at #20 and Grant is a gamble tweener. If we get Grant maybe trade for Barnes his stock is pretty low and develop Ross to play the 2

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              We lack depth at the wing. We need a solid 3rd wing to replace Salmons (hard to imagine the team picking up his $7M option). Might not get a guy who can contribute right away, but it'd be nice to have a prospect somewhere in the rotation behind Ross and DeMar.

That's one of the reasons I'm a bit high on Anderson. No clue what to expect in terms of transition to the NBA, but I see him as possibly being a very natural 6th man. Run the point as a SF and be a do-it-all type of guy who helps control the game with the 2nd unit. Grant, Hood and Warren may also all be available in their range, and all have some intriguing qualities that they bring to the table.
                              if we drafted based off of talent and upside anderson is a no brainer at worst he will be a serviceable rotation player at best magic johnson, penny hardaway.

Comment

• Too much like Bargnani, a big pg vs a shooting center. Rather draft a traditional pg and traditional center. Evan Turner is big and can handle the ball but he should be able to shoot first. Anderson is a good college player vs athletic. Grant is a poor college player but athletic. Elfrid Payton looks better if drafting PG at #20

Comment

Working...
                                X