No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damnnnnn. Anybody see dat shove by Napier on boat right. Feisty little sucks ain't he
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• But u guys see why I say Napier is so small. The height of this team is causing problems for him right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Raps should be lookin at Napier in the second round

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          But u guys see why I say Napier is so small. The height of this team is causing problems for him right now

He's listed 6'1 taller kyle lowry,

But it's not gonna make or break nothing, second rounders are usually d league players, if Napier can even play even like 3 years, he's a steal

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            He's listed 6'1 taller kyle lowry,

But it's not gonna make or break nothing, second rounders are usually d league players, if Napier can even play even like 3 years, he's a steal
            We have to have him.

His name is Shabazz.

I wish that was my name.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              We have to have him.

His name is Shabazz.

I wish that was my name.
              I know I love it too

Shabbazz is such a dirty name

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                I know I love it too

Shabbazz is such a dirty name
                When he scores the announcers would say,

"SHABAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NAPIER!
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  When he scores the announcers would say,

"SHABAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ NAPIER!
                  Myself, personally can't wait for dat day

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Well, the DX report you show there is from September 2010. That's almost more than 3 and a half years....Not really relevant at this point.
                    uuhhh...I said it was from 2010. I also said that I can find NO EVIDENCE that Anderson has EVER played SF. That's how far I've searched -- 4 years of reports, nothing on his ability to play the 3.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      uuhhh...I said it was from 2010. I also said that I can find NO EVIDENCE that Anderson has EVER played SF. That's how far I've searched -- 4 years of reports, nothing on his ability to play the 3.
                      Have you watched UCLA play? He very clearly plays the 3. And has been said, every listing of him either lists his position as G/F or just straight SF. His role has been playing the point, his position is SF. And guys change all the time. Especially means little in high school. Often in high school the best non-C player runs the point.

From a more recent posting in the same draftexpress profile where you pulled out an almost 4 year old high school based report (so I don't know why you seemed to ignore it or totally miss it).

Anderson measured 6'8.5" with an excellent 7'2.5" wingspan and 9' standing reach at the Nike Hoop Summit, giving him excellent measurables for any wing position, and especially for one who shows the feel for the game and ability to handle the basketball that Anderson possesses. He ended up his freshman season posting averages of 9.7 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 3.5 assists per game in just under 30 minutes per night, while shooting 41.6% from the field.

Anderson is a versatile player, with the size and length to play the small forward position but the ball handling ability to funnel much of the playmaking and ball handling duties through. Not a great athlete by NBA – or even high-level NCAA – standards, Anderson gets by using a series of fakes, misdirections, and spin moves in order to create the separation needed.

He's most comfortable setting up his teammates, where he is able to use his high vantage point to see over the defense, and has the willingness and court vision to use that advantage in order to setup his teammates. His 4.4 assists per 40 minutes pace adjusted was by far the top total amongst small forwards in our top 100 database, and an excellent figure for a small forward, particularly considering the landscape of the UCLA team.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2yGOalsPV
                      http://www.draftexpress.com
                      Seriously, I don't know why you're having trouble with this.
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 8, 2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• It should probably also be noted that Anderson is one of the more divisive prospects in this draft. So it's not surprising we can't come to some sort of consensus about his upside/fit.

Comment

It should probably also be noted that Anderson is one of the more divisive prospects in this draft. So it's not surprising we can't come to some sort of consensus about his upside/fit.
                          Some people love him and Others hate him
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It should probably also be noted that Anderson is one of the more divisive prospects in this draft. So it's not surprising we can't come to some sort of consensus about his upside/fit.
                            This. There are a few interesting prospects in the draft who will be fun to see how their game translates to the pros, Warren and McDermott for example. Anderson is even more intriguing, he's just so different.

Comment

• Doug is very interesting I think he will be really good.

Comment

• I continue to not be sold on Kyle Anderson. I can't see him defending ANY position in the NBA, so who cares if he calls himself a PG or a SF. He can call himself Batman if he wants, but until I see evidence that he can guard other NBA players then I don't want him in the first round. There are too many better prospects that we'd have to pass on to draft him.

With the Sacto pick, maybe but even then there might be better options. I'm not sure that Anderson has any real NBA level skills. He's good at a lot of things, but not great at anything. Will he even still be good at things in the NBA, or just average at a lot of things?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X