Page 147 of 337 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 6730

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Anyone post this yet? Kings are going to invite 2 members of the public to their draft room.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...eir-draft-pick
    They are so bad at drafting that they are going to start bringing in fans to do it for them lool
    Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Sat May 10th, 2014 at 02:51 PM.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    That are so bad at drafting that they are going to start bringing in fans to do it for them lool
    They gonna draft Sim Bhullar! Woooooooo!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

3. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That are so bad at drafting that they are going to start bringing in fans to do it for them lool
    Yeah lol it can't be any worse than how they do it currently
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Whattttt no tyreke Evans is so much better than steph curry!
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Probably. Like the past 5 drafts have been pretty bad for them, even Cousins (as talented as he is) doesn't look like a great pick considering his attitude and demeanor
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Probably. Like the past 5 drafts have been pretty bad for them, even Cousins (as talented as he is) doesn't look like a great pick considering his attitude and demeanor

And considering they traded their number 4 pick during his rookie year, its safe to say they're not the most well run organization.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Whattttt no tyreke Evans is so much better than steph curry!
    Haha tell that to the pelicans!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not like anyone cares but here's what i want to see happen come draft night.

1st round: Zach LaVine - Highly doubt he's there at 20 but if he's there you can't pass up on a talent like that. If he's off the board i would try and trade the pick to GSW for Harrison Barnes.

2nd choice: Jerami Grant.

2nd round: Damian Inglis - Again, highly doubt he's there at 37 or wherever the Raptors is drafting. But if he's there you gotta take him.

2nd choice: Mitch McGary or Patric Young.

3rd round - No idea. MU probably would take some European player that we've never heard of before. Or maybe he draft a Canadian?

Imagine LaVine and Inglis w/ the Raps next season?? drool.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

10. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

1st round: Zach LaVine - Highly doubt he's there at 20 but if he's there you can't pass up on a talent like that. If he's off the board i would try and trade the pick to GSW for Harrison Barnes.

2nd round: Damian Inglis - Again, highly doubt he's there at 37 or wherever the Raptors is drafting. But if he's there you gotta take him.

3rd round - No idea. MU probably would take some European player that we've never heard of before. Or maybe he draft a Canadian?

I think the guy we get at 20 is someone who dropped like a LaVine or someone like that and MU is gonna scoop him up lol
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I way prefer Barnes to Grant.

13. Like fredericklove, TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean our second pick in round 2, there is no 3rd round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Do you mean our second pick in round 2, there is no 3rd round.
    Ya that's exactly what i mean.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    I read something about the deadline to declare having passed?
    You are correct. The NBA early entry deadline has passed. Early entrants still have the option of pulling out of the 2014 draft but those that played in the NCAA and have declared can not return to play in the NCAA.

http://nbadraft.net/2014-early-entry-list

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    You are correct. The NBA early entry deadline has passed. Early entrants still have the option of pulling out of the 2014 draft but those that played in the NCAA and have declared can not return to play in the NCAA.

http://nbadraft.net/2014-early-entry-list
    At least we know (well, pretty much) who's in the draft now.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Or Aaron Craft. Forgot about him.

Post Thanks / Like

my ideal draft:

clint capela/adreian payne at 20

damien inglis at 37

jordan bachynchski at 59 (if the pacers can work with hibbert never showing on the pick and roll, bachynski can be a nice defender too)

then we just need a half decent vet wing so inglis isn't in over his head in his first season or two.

i think hansbrough has some value, so with either of those first rounders, we can at least trade him to a team with too many wings and not enough 4s.

i also think capela can play backup to JV, he's tall enough and super athletic. especially once he adds a little bit of weight.

and i think inglis stock is too low. he should be a 20-25 pick, but one bad week pushed him down. everyone has a bad week, and it's just too small a sample size to sway an opinion too far either way
    Last edited by stooley; Mon May 12th, 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

why does chad ford not have inglis in his top 100? i have to imagine it's an oversight and not an opinion?

edit, woops he's number 69. decent chance he falls to us. draftexpress has him at 40, and they're super high on him

ford's calling him a tweener, but draftexpress is saying he can guard 2/3/4. don't know who to trust.
    Last edited by stooley; Mon May 12th, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    why does chad ford not have inglis in his top 100? i have to imagine it's an oversight and not an opinion?

edit, woops he's number 69. decent chance he falls to us. draftexpress has him at 40, and they're super high on him

ford's calling him a tweener, but draftexpress is saying he can guard 2/3/4. don't know who to trust.

trust in Masai

sleep tight at night

22. Like 007, Joey, stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    At least we know (well, pretty much) who's in the draft now.
    Not really. Seniors, for example, practically never declare for early entry because there's no point in doing so; they're not returning to the NCAA anyway so the question for them then becomes "should I declare, or just go play in Europe/China immediately, or do something else other than basketball?" Some players will participate at the draft combine if they're draft bubble players, and if they impress then declare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Not really. Seniors, for example, practically never declare for early entry because there's no point in doing so; they're not returning to the NCAA anyway so the question for them then becomes "should I declare, or just go play in Europe/China immediately, or do something else other than basketball?" Some players will participate at the draft combine if they're draft bubble players, and if they impress then declare.
    Pretty sure once you have used up all your NCAA eligibility you automatically qualify for the draft, no need to declare, you can be picked, similar for foreign players, once you reach a certain age you are auto eligible, if you go undrafted you become a free agent.

Early entry relates to those players that still have NCAA eligibility or have not aged out in Europe yet.

25. Like Joey liked this post

Thread Information