• Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If Ennis surpasses Lowry in like 2 years

I heard pigs also fly!

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      I heard pigs also fly!
      Might take more than 2 years, but it's not that crazy.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Whatever happens, happens. You can maybe trade Lowry (down the line, obviously). Especially given the type of game he plays, it'll be good to have a plan to replace him. I don't see it as a huge deal. It could take Ennis 2-3 years to adapt to the NBA and develop some of his weaker skills. It could take even longer. He is, after all, still really young. I don't see a big problem because it's fairly easy to get guaranteed minutes at the PG position...would just mean not bringing back Vasquez.

Don't discount things that are hard to predict too. Lowry may want a deal with a player option after the 3rd year or something, when he'll be 31 so he can maybe sign another decent multiyear deal.

*Or you know, the fact that Lowry could walk even if Toronto really wants to keep him.
        All true. I'm on board. Unless someone else falls, like Vonleh or Smart or something.

If we manage to trade for a second pick, someone like Jeremy Grant (also Syracuse funny enough) really intrigues me at SF. 7'2" wingspan apparently. Just so raw though.

Wonder what'd be easier to get ... Harrison Barnes, or a Second Pick in the 15-20 range.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          All true. I'm on board. Unless someone else falls, like Vonleh or Smart or something.

If we manage to trade for a second pick, someone like Jeremy Grant (also Syracuse funny enough) really intrigues me at SF. 7'2" wingspan apparently. Just so raw though.

Wonder what'd be easier to get ... Harrison Barnes, or a Second Pick in the 15-20 range.
          Well I've posted this info a few times, but all those picks, from 14-19 as things stand, and 14-20 if we fall to 4th (not counting our pick at what would be 19) are all owned by teams with multiple picks. This probably makes it easier to target one of these without giving up much. Possibly as a straight-up swap for our pick (which wouldn't make it a 2nd pick, but might be worth it to move up) with maybe a little sweetener (a 2nd rounder added maybe?).

Otherwise...I don't know. I'd see what teams might want a role player like Hansbrough and shop him. Or if anybody is interested in signing 2Pat and contact us about a possible sign and trade.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Apr 9, 2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Might take more than 2 years, but it's not that crazy.
            Oh it is certainly crazy to suggest he'd be better than Lowry in 2 years. If that were the case he'd be a top 5 pick when he's not close to that.

Comment

Oh it is certainly crazy to suggest he'd be better than Lowry in 2 years. If that were the case he'd be a top 5 pick when he's not close to that.
              How about Lowry declines?
              There is other ways Ennis could surpass Lowry
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I don't thik that's the case. Ennis is widely considered the 3rd best PG prospect in the draft, and if Exum wasn't a freak and Smart wasn't huge, they probably wouldn't be so heavily favoured. This draft may have been a bit overhyped, but it still looks really strong. Ennis might be in the 8-20 range...and in most other years he'd probably be a lock for a top 10 pick, possibly top 5.

*From a PG skills perspective, there's a lot of chatter that he is the best PG prospect. It really is the fact that this is a strong draft with unique prospects that is pushing him back. The potential upside of Exum or Smart given their size (and in Exum's case, athleticism) pushes them ahead.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 10, 2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I don't thik that's the case. Ennis is widely considered the 3rd best PG prospect in the draft, and if Exum wasn't a freak and Smart wasn't huge, they probably wouldn't be so heavily favoured. This draft may have been a bit overhyped, but it still looks really strong. Ennis might be in the 8-20 range...and in most other years he'd probably be a lock for a top 10 pick, possibly top 5.

*From a PG skills perspective, there's a lot of chatter that he is the best PG prospect. It really is the fact that this is a strong draft with unique prospects that is pushing him back. The potential upside of Exum or Smart given their size (and in Exum's case, athleticism) pushes them ahead.
                  If you think Ennis is going to be playing at the level Lowry is playing at in two-three years, then fair enough. I do not, that is all I am saying. I wouldn't be opposed to them picking him, and I think the draft is pretty good, but it is overrated a bit. I strongly disagree it would create a Jose/Lowry situation, especially when you consider that Dwane Casey is likely to be the coach
                  Upside is everything at the draft, and his isn't as high as the others. Although in saying this I prefer him to Smart, always felt he was overrated

Comment

If you think Ennis is going to be playing at the level Lowry is playing at in two-three years, then fair enough. I do not, that is all I am saying. I wouldn't be opposed to them picking him, and I think the draft is pretty good, but it is overrated a bit yeah. I strongly disagree it would create a Jose/Lowry situation, especially when you consider that Dwane Casey is likely to be the coach
                    Upside is everything at the draft, and his isn't as high as the others. Although in saying this I prefer him to Smart, always felt he was overrated
                    Well, there was that story not too long ago, like in February, I think right before Syracuse's win streak was ended and after Ennis hit a big shot for a win...and they had an NBA exec quoted as saying that he would take Irving today over Kyrie Irving (who I think is overrated, but that's still quite a thing to say).

Comment

If you think Ennis is going to be playing at the level Lowry is playing at in two-three years, then fair enough. I do not, that is all I am saying. I wouldn't be opposed to them picking him, and I think the draft is pretty good, but it is overrated a bit. I strongly disagree it would create a Jose/Lowry situation, especially when you consider that Dwane Casey is likely to be the coach
                      When you cant shoot the 3 and your playing in the NBA it makes it extremely hard o your teammates
                      Just ask Minnesota

Comment

• LaVine with our first for me. Think he will make one of the better pros

Comment

Well, there was that story not too long ago, like in February, I think right before Syracuse's win streak was ended and after Ennis hit a big shot for a win...and they had an NBA exec quoted as saying that he would take Irving today over Kyrie Irving (who I think is overrated, but that's still quite a thing to say).
                          I remember it well, and tbh it was probably more of a potshot at Kyrie just as much as a compliment to Ennis (both were well deserved!) :P. Don't get me wrong, I really like him..I guess I'm a bit defensive over our heart and soul, Mr Lowry

Comment

I remember it well, and tbh it was probably more of a potshot at Kyrie just as much as a compliment to Ennis (both were well deserved!) :P. Don't get me wrong, I really like him..I guess I'm a bit defensive over our heart and soul, Mr Lowry
                            I just don't take anything for granted. Like I said...We don't even know if Lowry is coming back. And if he does, he'll be hitting 30 by the end of year 2 of his new contract....while the rest of our core is mostly in their early-mid 20s (Jonas will be 23, Ross 25, DeMar 26 and possibly opting out, even Amir will still just be 28). I want all the security I can get at the PG position, even with Lowry, and want to have a plan in place in case we need a PG to keep growing with our core.

Comment

I just don't take anything for granted. Like I said...We don't even know if Lowry is coming back. And if he does, he'll be hitting 30 by the end of year 2 of his new contract....while the rest of our core is mostly in their early-mid 20s (Jonas will be 23, Ross 25, DeMar 26 and possibly opting out, even Amir will still just be 28). I want all the security I can get at the PG position, even with Lowry, and want to have a plan in place in case we need a PG to keep growing with our core.
                              Why the hell is Ross so old? for his draft class?

He was a sophmore when he declared but he's one year older then the other sophs who got drafted?

Comment

It's a good point. Honestly there are many ways the Raptors could go at the draft, it will be fascinating to see what happens, although this time I'm more confident something good will come out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X