The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I didn't see a lot of Kentucky, is James Young a + defender? He has close to a 7ft wingspan
    No. Not at all. Opposition game plans throughout the tournament revolved around attacking him, and it worked to an extent.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• who are the best 3 and D guys available?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

who are the best 3 and D guys available?
        Of all the terms in basketball this is the one I hate most!
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• We have no need for a 3-D player. We need PG PF C (backup) take best thing there at 20

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            Of all the terms in basketball this is the one I hate most!
            you don't like guys that specialize in the long ball and defense?
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
              We have no need for a 3-D player. We need PG PF C (backup) take best thing there at 20
              We only need a PG if Vasquez walks.
              We only need a PF if he's elite, which we won't get at the 20th pick.
              We need a backup C.

We need more wings.
              We could use a real SF. Ross is a little undersized for that role.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

We have no need for a 3-D player. We need PG PF C (backup) take best thing there at 20
                we currently have 5 PGs.... we do not need a PG

at 20 there are no power forwards that would supplant our current ones.

I could get behind a backup C at 20

Comment

We really desperately need a SF with size who can play some D....but it doesn't mean we have to draft one. Free agents include Aminu, Ariza, Battier, CJ Miles...All guys who could fit nicely.

Comment

you don't like guys that specialize in the long ball and defense?
                    It's the term "3 and D" that I don't like, not the player. Ross could be considered a 3 and D by some, but he scores in transition, and has shown flashes of doinf things of the bounce, why peg him a s a 3 and D when there is more to his game. Same could be said for guys like Trevor Ariza, ESPN has Kawhi Leonard as there #1 3 and D guy, he is so much more than that.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      It's the term "3 and D" that I don't like, not the player. Ross could be considered a 3 and D by some, but he scores in transition, and has shown flashes of doinf things of the bounce, why peg him a s a 3 and D when there is more to his game. Same could be said for guys like Trevor Ariza, ESPN has Kawhi Leonard as there #1 3 and D guy, he is so much more than that.
                      I sort of agree. Originally it was meant to almost be a backhanded compliment for extremely limited guys who were great defensively and could actually hit an open shot...like Bruce Bowen....who I actually hate for his wormy dirtiness (he always stepped under his man on jumpers to try and hurt them) and who could almost exclusively just hit corner 3s.

Comment

we currently have 5 PGs.... we do not need a PG

at 20 there are no power forwards that would supplant our current ones.

I could get behind a backup C at 20
                        Trade the 20th pick to Milwaukee fir John Henson. There's your back up C/PF right there.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          Trade the 20th pick to Milwaukee fir John Henson. There's your back up C/PF right there.
                          Not even Milwaukee's that stupid

Comment

Yeah...I don't know that Milly does that. Have no evidence, but I can't imagine they want to trade Henson and think they must be pretty high on him, like probably just behind Antetokounmpo for how much they like him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Yeah...I don't know that Milly does that. Have no evidence, but I can't imagine they want to trade Henson and think they must be pretty high on him, like probably just behind Antetokounmpo for how much they like him.
                              You're probably right, but it's weird that he's coming off the bench in a year where Sanders has been out with injury.

Comment

You're probably right, but it's weird that he's coming off the bench in a year where Sanders has been out with injury.
                                They bring Giannis off the bench most of the time as well. All in all it's odd because they've been so bad all year with not much talent. And I thought Casey's rotations could be frustrating. It makes even less sense with Giannis because they really suck on the wing. At least at C/F they have Pachulia and Ilyasova as well, veterans who can be steady.

Comment

Working...
                                X