The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Trade the 20th pick to Milwaukee fir John Henson. There's your back up C/PF right there.
    It's funny because the new RPM stat ESPN brought out this week rates Henson as one of the worst players in the league (430 of 435). He's 23 in his 2nd season, so there's still upside, but depending on how the Raps analytic dept feels about him, maybe is the Raps that don't make the deal.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      They bring Giannis off the bench most of the time as well. All in all it's odd because they've been so bad all year with not much talent. And I thought Casey's rotations could be frustrating. It makes even less sense with Giannis because they really suck on the wing. At least at C/F they have Pachulia and Ilyasova as well, veterans who can be steady.
      Maybe gianis and Henson are just so good of players, that if they played Milwaukee would be out of the lottery and chasing the championship
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

They bring Giannis off the bench most of the time as well. All in all it's odd because they've been so bad all year with not much talent. And I thought Casey's rotations could be frustrating. It makes even less sense with Giannis because they really suck on the wing. At least at C/F they have Pachulia and Ilyasova as well, veterans who can be steady.
        Yeah weird stuff going on with that franchise. Committed to tanking I suppose.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          It's funny because the new RPM stat ESPN brought out this week rates Henson as one of the worst players in the league (430 of 435). He's 23 in his 2nd season, so there's still upside, but depending on how the Raps analytic dept feels about him, maybe is the Raps that don't make the deal.
          Man, this is why I go with the eye test before stats. He's having a good year I think, but just needs to improve his strength and fain more experience. I feel like he has good upside...sort of reminds me of P.J. Brown, solid rotation guy.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Maybe gianis and Henson are just so good of players, that if they played Milwaukee would be out of the lottery and chasing the championship
            No the worst strategy when tanking to not play your good young players too much (MWC in Philly). Sort of keeps them hungry for more minutes while not breaking their will by keeping them on the floor through all the loses

Comment

No the worst strategy when tanking to not play your good young players too much (MWC in Philly). Sort of keeps them hungry for more minutes while not breaking their will by keeping them on the floor through all the loses
              I agree.... but in MCW's case I think it's because he is in the running for ROY award. It only happens once.

Comment

Yeah weird stuff going on with that franchise. Committed to tanking I suppose.
                Forced to tanking more like it.

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong this season.

While they are in the same boat as Philly, they took a different route to get there.

Comment

I agree with you.

But to play devil's advocate for a moment: Bill Simmons' brought up the idea of ruining your rookie with inflated ego and bad habits. He likened MCW's play this year to Antoine Walker's with Boston.

Comment

Man, this is why I go with the eye test before stats. He's having a good year I think, but just needs to improve his strength and fain more experience. I feel like he has good upside...sort of reminds me of P.J. Brown, solid rotation guy.
                    How many times have you seen him play this year and how closely were you watching him. "Eye test" may somewhat work for the Raps, since you watch 82 games a year. But even then you may not see some very important things.

Don't mean to single you out, even Zach Lowe/Kevin Pelton were talking about how he thought Cousins was a poor defender, yet the RPM stat said otherwise. I believe Pelton pointed out that he talks to his NBA team contacts and a couple who would actually divulge (a tiny bit) of their teams analytics said their numbers show Cousins as a plus defender also.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Forced to tanking more like it.

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong this season.

While they are in the same boat as Philly, they took a different route to get there.
                      Yeah they didn't give Mayo $24 million cause they thought he could play like a D-Leaguer.

Comment

• Chad ford saying Anderson is a 4 just killed his draft stock if they listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I agree with you.

But to play devil's advocate for a moment: Bill Simmons' brought up the idea of ruining your rookie with inflated ego and bad habits. He likened MCW's play this year to Antoine Walker's with Boston.
                          Sorry, I made a typo....meant to say "[B]not[B] the worst strategy to not play your good, young.... and it's for the reasons you mentioned quoting the article, adding that so much losing can break a young player. Not sure which view you side with.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            How many times have you seen him play this year and how closely were you watching him. "Eye test" may somewhat work for the Raps, since you watch 82 games a year. But even then you may not see some very important things.

Don't mean to single you out, even Zach Lowe/Kevin Pelton were talking about how he thought Cousins was a poor defender, yet the RPM stat said otherwise. I believe Pelton pointed out that he talks to his NBA team contacts and a couple who would actually divulge (a tiny bit) of their teams analytics said their numbers show Cousins as a plus defender also.
                            No worries, I don't feel singled out, but I've seen a few Bucks games and I feel like Henson has good rebounding instincts, and feel around the basket. His lack of strength is an issue but strength and experience don't always come quickly to bigs so I'm just taking into consideration the player he could be once he gains those attributes.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Chad ford saying Anderson is a 4 just killed his draft stock if they listen.

Pretty sure Chad Ford's opinion has no impact whatsoever on how GMs evaluate talent.

Comment

Pretty sure Chad Ford's opinion has no impact whatsoever on how GMs evaluate talent.
                                Probably not just saying ...if Anderson plays 4 he will get destroyed

Comment

Working...
                                X