Clear All

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    He's a Lithuanian Canadian.
    He's LEO!

*puke*

Comment

• Aaron Gordon and Nick Johnson (from Arizona) are declaring:
      http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...ring-nba-draft

I like Gordon.. still a bit raw but will probably end up as a good pro.

Comment

• April 16th Chad Ford ESPN chat highlights....as selected by me lol

Parker - undecided. April 27th is the deadline that matters.

Paulius (Lithuania)

Lakers and Dante Exum meant for each other?

Chad Ford
        (1:09 PM)

If the Lakers win one of the top 3 picks, I'd be shocked if Exum worked out for anyone but LA. If they fall to 6th (the most likely spot for them) I think Exum's agent may open up the process. Someone would take Exum before that anyway ...

Ned (Minneapolis, MN)

What's the highest pick you see a team taking a chance on Zach Lavine's upside and do you think Minnesota would have any interest at 13?

Chad Ford
        (1:15 PM)

He's got a pretty wide range but the consensus I got from NBA scouts and GMs I spoke with in Portland about him specifically is that virtually all of them think he'll go in the late lottery. I think that's 10-14 ... and obviously he could slide a bit further. He's a shooter with elite athletic ability ... Minnesota makes a lot of sense. So will Denver and Phoenix.

Saric - blah blah blah Daddy is pushy blah blah blah likely to stay in Europe blah blah blah doubt he is in the draft this year anyways

Dave (Philly)

Can PJ Hairston go top 10 if he performs well in interviews? I think he's as offensively talented as anyone in this draft with the exception of Jabari.

Chad Ford
        (1:30 PM)

He's going to get A LOT of questions in those interviews. Teams are nervous about him. But on talent, you're right. He's a 10-15 pick in this draft.

Who is your draft sleeper this year?

Chad Ford
        (1:42 PM)

Elfrid Payton. Long, athletic, slithery. Good defender. Needs to get stronger and improve his jumper, but I think he could be a good NBA PG someday. After Exum and Smart are off the board, I think he or LaVine might be the PG prospect with the most upside.
        Collin (Wisconsin)

Other than Parker, what prospect do you consider most NBA ready?

Chad Ford
        (1:45 PM)

Julius Randle. Marcus Smart. Both have NBA bodies and can handle the rigor of the NBA.

JC (Detroit)

Consensus has said mid-first round for Stauskas, but where is GR3 at right now?

Chad Ford
        (1:47 PM)

Stauskas is probably 10-20. GR3 looking to be more in the 25-40 range.
        http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ider-chad-ford

Comment

• Inside the insider is always welcome. Good read, especially about Payton. I and many others were looking at him as a big riser up the boards

Comment

• Stauskus is there at 20.. (lets assume) would you draft him? My answer is hell yes. Even with Demar and Ross.

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
              Stauskus is there at 20.. (lets assume) would you draft him? My answer is hell yes. Even with Demar and Ross.
              Depends who else is still there...but right off the bat I'd say I would pass...

Comment

• Jabari just declared.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  Jabari just declared.
                  Waited until he could secure his own "Decision-esque" sideshow?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...aft/?eref=sihp
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Waited until he could secure his own "Decision-esque" sideshow?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...aft/?eref=sihp
                    Yeah, a simple, "I've decided to declare for NBA. It was not an easy decision." would have sufficed for me.

Comment

• SI's first mock of the season has the Raps nabbing Doug McDermott 20th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Teams 4-10 are most likely to draft 1,2,3. Phily and Buck 4,5.Philly has 2 chances 1,2,3. McDermott seems like Korver and we don't use spot 3pt shottwers well. Grant,McDanial and LaVine are porbasbly best at #20. Eklfriud Payton looks to best there at #3 second

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Toronto should fill SF at #19-20 PG #3 and PF/C late second. LaVine is a gamble at #20 if best SF aready taken and tradeable.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Toronto should fill SF at #19-20 PG #3 and PF/C late second. LaVine is a gamble at #20 if best SF aready taken and tradeable.

No

The Raptors should take the player that will most benefit them long-term at all those spots, not isolate themselves to one position.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              SI's first mock of the season has the Raps nabbing Doug McDermott 20th.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...iid/?eref=sihp
                              I doubt he falls this far, but, I hope that if he does that the Raps scouts have a strong grasp on whether he has enough lateral quickness to improve his defense. All of the SF prospects seem to be flawed either offensively, or defensively this year.

Also 999 I disagree, McDermott is a lot more than a spot up jump shooter, the kid has an extremely high B-Ball IQ, can play out of the post, etc. Not sure that he fits the Raptors, but he has to be on a higher tier of player than any of the other players remaining in the SI mock draft.

Has Payton even declared? He has a year of eligibility left. Don't expect him to declare unless he has a guarantee.

Comment

• Payton Declared.McDermott may be more valuable as trade bait if he falls than to the Raptors. Any SF in the Raptors will be the fourth option after Lowry, DD/Ross and Val. If nothing looks good at #20 trade out

Comment

Working...
                                X