The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    i must admit i like the little i see of inglis not a explosive jumper for someone of his body type but i see potential especially if he is 6'9. draft anderson in the first round and inglis in the second (dont even know if he is in the draft.) and i am happy with the team going forward
    Anderson? Peep his weaknesses.

OR go back and read what people are saying about the guy. I hope the Raps stay far away from the kid.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      Anderson? Peep his weaknesses.

OR go back and read what people are saying about the guy. I hope the Raps stay far away from the kid.
      Watched the weakness and watched his game watch game footage.

Weakness defense
      Ucla was one if the best defensive teams in the NCAA during the tourney Anderson lead them in steals and rebounded probably second best on the team avg near a triple double.

Weakness speed
      Watched the vid for this one strength getting to the rim . ? That make sense to u? If it doesn't he gets to the rim with controlled strength.

Weakness turnovers they compared him to the small forward position which general doesn't handle the ball. Guess what ucla had one of the best turnover to assist ratios In The league all year with Anderson leading the way.

U can tweak stats how u want to show weaknesses. Comparing him to small forwards instead of guards for example.

Anderson is a gem in this draft waiting for the right team to find him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really like this kid. I hope the Raps take a long look at him in the first round. Sort of surprised he came out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deandre...180857481.html

He was super impressive in March and has the NBA frame but he basically wasn't a prospect on the NBA radar until this March. He's a risk. That said, I really liked his game in March and would love to see him in a predraft workout.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

No, I think he's lost a fair amount of weight in the last few years. I think he has a fairly decent b-ball IQ as well. However, that game does not translate into an NBA player. That's the sort of pick that gets a GM fired.

Axel, I think if that is the "pick a Canuck" selection, there are NCAA seniors that fit the bill a lot more than Bhullar.
          Fairly certain no GM was ever fired for the 58th overall selection. Bhullar might be worth that pick (maybe not but it will depend on who's available).
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bhullar aint gettin drafted.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Bhullar aint gettin drafted.
              End of 2nd round draft and stash? I could see it happen. He's obviously got to go play in Europe for a few years, but that's a perfect situation for most teams at the end of the 2nd round. They get his rights and don't have to pay him. If he develops into a NBA caliber player in Europe then you bring him over as a ridiculously big big off the bench. If not, you at least have a freak for your summer league squads. Like people have said, the 55-60 pick have almost no chance of becoming an NBA player anyways. Might as well take the ridiculously big guy who excelled in College.

Comment

Weakness defense
                Ucla was one if the best defensive teams in the NCAA during the tourney Anderson lead them in steals and rebounded probably second best on the team avg near a triple double.

Weakness speed
                Watched the vid for this one strength getting to the rim . ? That make sense to u? If it doesn't he gets to the rim with controlled strength.

Weakness turnovers they compared him to the small forward position which general doesn't handle the ball. Guess what ucla had one of the best turnover to assist ratios In The league all year with Anderson leading the way.

U can tweak stats how u want to show weaknesses. Comparing him to small forwards instead of guards for example.

I think w/ Anderson he lacks the lateral quickness to defend his position in the NBA, I know nobody can guard LBJ/KD/Melo, but does he have the footwork to stay in front of his man, yeah as soon as he grabs the board he'll push immediately, that's area I like of his game.

W/ that being said, he's definitely a gem in terms of having his point forward ability to lead the team on the quick transition/half-court sets. In actuality, we're not getting him cos he's prolly drafted few teams ahead of us, if we do luck out getting him, one area of concern is if we start both him and Demar, the wing D might crumble so its best using him as 6th man off the bench to spark a run.

Comment

• fredericklove wrote: View Post
                  I think w/ Anderson he lacks the lateral quickness to defend his position in the NBA, I know nobody can guard LBJ/KD/Melo, but does he have the footwork to stay in front of his man, yeah as soon as he grabs the board he'll push immediately, that's area I like of his game.

W/ that being said, he's definitely a gem in terms of having his point forward ability to lead the team on the quick transition/half-court sets. In actuality, we're not getting him cos he's prolly drafted few teams ahead of us, if we do luck out getting him, one area of concern is if we start both him and Demar, the wing D might crumble so its best using him as 6th man off the bench to spark a run.
                  I don't think it's a good plan to start him. Like you say, 6th man is probably the best kind of role. Likely to be up against a worse offensive player too. And there probably isn't enough ball for him in the starting lineup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    End of 2nd round draft and stash? I could see it happen. He's obviously got to go play in Europe for a few years, but that's a perfect situation for most teams at the end of the 2nd round. They get his rights and don't have to pay him. If he develops into a NBA caliber player in Europe then you bring him over as a ridiculously big big off the bench. If not, you at least have a freak for your summer league squads. Like people have said, the 55-60 pick have almost no chance of becoming an NBA player anyways. Might as well take the ridiculously big guy who excelled in College.
                    True, but I still find it unlikely, and will be shocked if he ever plays an NBA game.

As for McGary, so long as his back isn't an issue he'd definitely be worth a look early second round. Despite his bulk he's very mobile and can jump a bit too.

Comment

Weakness defense

Weakness speed

Respect for breaking down my response in detail...that said, I'll leave you with one question:
                      If the Raps drafted him, and then faced the Nets in the playoffs again next year, who would he guard? He can't guard SFs who are as large as him due to foot speed. In fact, with the current nucleus he wouldn't add anything to the Raptors. Heck, what can he do that Nando can't do, OR, a healthy Salmons for that manner. Both of them can run plays as well, guard 3s, and more importantly defend.

Maybe you see him as a PF? But he could never surpass Amir or 2Pat. So, what would he do on the Raps?

Axel wrote: View Post
                      Fairly certain no GM was ever fired for the 58th overall selection. Bhullar might be worth that pick (maybe not but it will depend on who's available).
                      True, being a bit hyperbolic. That said, look at some of the late picks the last few years: Isaiah Thomas, Rob Sacre -- there are NBA quality role players to be found, so why would you draft a player who would have no usable role until his 2nd contract?

Primer, GMs can't really force a 2nd rounder to play in Europe. You have to assume that whoever they draft at 58, unless they're already under contract in another country would prefer to play in the NBA.

Comment

Respect for breaking down my response in detail...that said, I'll leave you with one question:
                        If the Raps drafted him, and then faced the Nets in the playoffs again next year, who would he guard? He can't guard SFs who are as large as him due to foot speed. In fact, with the current nucleus he wouldn't add anything to the Raptors. Heck, what can he do that Nando can't do, OR, a healthy Salmons for that manner. Both of them can run plays as well, guard 3s, and more importantly defend.

Maybe you see him as a PF? But he could never surpass Amir or 2Pat. So, what would he do on the Raps?

TA.
                        Great question, currently we have a mismatch with Amir guarding Paul. They are going small without losing size with Anderson we would be able to match up IMO better then currently. I don't like the GV Lowry combo on the floor. That's me personally. Lowry, demar, Ross Anderson, JV.

If u watched his games is is a very good weak side shot blocker.

Even if u go Anderson off the bench GV, Ross or demar Patterson, JV I would prefer that over Lowry GV combo. I will go back to the point I made awhile back Dallas doesn't have good defenders but their size causes problems for teams cause they eat up space. If help is 1 step away vs 3 steps away I think it can work.

I prefer the Memphis approach and not play small ball. Ross is a great defender can guard 1 -3 if u have a line up like Anderson off the bench demar, Ross, Patterson, JV with Ross guarding the point against deron willaims and Anderson guarding joe johnson demar can't guard him maybe Anderson can at least stay in front of him.

Lowry is good don't get me wrong but he is not the best point guard in terms of seeing the floor. I will say with confidence Anderson has better court vision than Lowry.

Comment

Great question, currently we have a mismatch with Amir guarding Paul. They are going small without losing size with Anderson we would be able to match up IMO better then currently. I don't like the GV Lowry combo on the floor. That's me personally. Lowry, demar, Ross Anderson, JV.

If u watched his games is is a very good weak side shot blocker.

Even if u go Anderson off the bench GV, Ross or demar Patterson, JV I would prefer that over Lowry GV combo. I will go back to the point I made awhile back Dallas doesn't have good defenders but their size causes problems for teams cause they eat up space. If help is 1 step away vs 3 steps away I think it can work.

I prefer the Memphis approach and not play small ball. Ross is a great defender can guard 1 -3 if u have a line up like Anderson off the bench demar, Ross, Patterson, JV with Ross guarding the point against deron willaims and Anderson guarding joe johnson demar can't guard him maybe Anderson can at least stay in front of him.

Lowry is good don't get me wrong but he is not the best point guard in terms of seeing the floor. I will say with confidence Anderson has better court vision than Lowry.

Thanks, this gives me a lot to think about.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            He was super impressive in March and has the NBA frame but he basically wasn't a prospect on the NBA radar until this March. He's a risk. That said, I really liked his game in March and would love to see him in a predraft workout.
                            Yeah, definitely a risk with Daniels, but scouts have had a lot of time to look at him. He's the top rebounder, second best player on a team that featured a player that scouts were looking at in Napier -- so there were scouts who would have seen him before NCAA's. He played some 4, but if notes on how he defended the 3, and observations on things like lateral quickness look good, he would have the least amount of significant flaws of any big SF available this deep into the draft...

There's varying debate of what Anderson is, the kid from Clemson is the same size as the wings the Raps already have, Early isn't the best defender, neither is Hood (who appears pretty one dimensional), Daniels is going to climb up draft boards...

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I don't think it's a good plan to start him. Like you say, 6th man is probably the best kind of role. Likely to be up against a worse offensive player too. And there probably isn't enough ball for him in the starting lineup.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              6th man would be very nice, cos Casey can switch to small-ball depending the matchup, u can switch Anderson to the 4 at some stretch but only if he's defending a stretch 4. I think it may work in starting lineup "offensively" to a degree, but someone has to sacrifice his role, Lowry is capable off-ball so that's not a conflict w/ Anderson, but with Demar, you don't want him to be a spot up doing nuthing, u want Demar to have the ball to initiate PnR motion, tho Anderson's ability to disrupt the D can be valuable, Cos he can find the open shooter/guy off the curl extremely quick, maybe he can spot Demar coming off the curl this way, things can work out. Also ppl say Anderson needs the ball in his hand to be effective, that can be true, but so far this season at ULCA, I've seen at times he's developed the catch and shoot at the top, so I think he has the IQ to finding ways to score off-ball, obviously I wish he has added a backdoor cut a-la Deng style but he prolly won't add that to his game which is a bummer.

Comment

• That’s why the final turned out to be a Saric focused affair. The 20 years old forward playing for a crowd of NBA scouts – as the 20.000 seats capacity Kombank Arena was almost empty after both Serbian teams, Partizan and Crvena Zvezda losing in the semifinals – finished the game with 23 points (2/8 2p., 5/9 3p., 4/4 FT), 11 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 blocks and 5 turnovers, playing in all 40 minutes. Saric of course was also voted as the ΜVP of the final four. E - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.zvZ9xCFe.dpuf

It will be interesting to see what team rolls dice on Saric given his contract situation and possible preference to stay in Europe longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X