No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question, if Saric is there at 20, would you draft him if you're MU?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Question, if Saric is there at 20, would you draft him if you're MU?

You would hope that they look. Lots of good, but serious flaws, and weird father/manager thing (if I remember correctly).

Does anyone have any newer footage? This is a year old.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Question, if Saric is there at 20, would you draft him if you're MU?
          Definitely have to consider it. Forwards with point skills really intrigue me because of potential matchup problems for opponents. They can make really good weapons especially off the bench because of their size and unique skills...going back at least to Toni Kukoc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• From a skills point of view I'd be really excited to get him at 20..but his " character" questions are a bit off putting to me

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
              From a skills point of view I'd be really excited to get him at 20..but his " character" questions are a bit off putting to me
              Does he have actual "character" questions or is it just crap from having a crazy father and possibly wanting to stay in Europe a bit longer?

*Just looked at the questions in the weakness part of the old scouting video....I don't know. Some of that could just be natural immaturity. Hard to know if he has/will grow out of it.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• I think you almost have to draft Saric if he's there at 20. I doubt he will be though.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Does he have actual "character" questions or is it just crap from having a crazy father and possibly wanting to stay in Europe a bit longer?
                  Think it's mostly the crazy father, and that is what scares me. Seems rather common among the Serbian and Croatian kids...their parents seem to often have far too much involvement and control in management, coaching etc and it can lead to some really crazy shit. I'm scarred by the fact that Two highly talented Aussie tennis players..Jelena Dokic and Bernard Tomic have had their careers derailed by absolutely psycho parent managers, and hearing these red flags frighten me :P like he could be drafted and the father is like...son ..nope ...let's stay in Europe.

Comment

• Who is in?

Who is out?

Who is still undecided?

From NBADraft.net:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2014-early-entry-list

EDIT: Actually deadline for early entry was April 27th. NBA will release official list later this week.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• http://youtu.be/rCk4vUx0_J0

New DX Saric scouting vid from when he lead his underdog team to the title over the last week.

Stuff daddy, if he's around at twenty you have to take him. Too talented.

Comment

http://youtu.be/rCk4vUx0_J0

New DX Saric scouting vid from when he lead his underdog team to the title over the last week.

He's got quite a tool of skillset, the concern is what position does he play, is he a 4 in smallball? Not a natural 3 but if we put him at 3 in starting lineup, he's gonna have a hard time defending that position.

Comment

http://youtu.be/rCk4vUx0_J0

Vast improvement over the year before.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Vast improvement over the year before.
                            Don't know why "6'10" with a 6'10" Wingspan" jumps out at me so much ... suppose we're spoiled in North America with long arms?

Comment

• Heh, I had the same reaction. I want freaking condors for our draft picks. Clint Capela all-the-way!

Comment

• Saric and DeRozan on the wings could be a very good combination

Comment

Working...
                                X