The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octothorp wrote: View Post
    Heh, I had the same reaction. I want freaking condors for our draft picks. Clint Capela all-the-way!
    I've been saying for years that a more appropriate stat other than "Player Height" would be simply "Standing Vertical Reach". Takes into consideration Height and Wingspan, and gives it in a nice clean number which is relevant to the game ... guys don't just stand there with their arms at their sides.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      I've been saying for years that a more appropriate stat other than "Player Height" would be simply "Standing Vertical Reach". Takes into consideration Height and Wingspan, and gives it in a nice clean number which is relevant to the game ... guys don't just stand there with their arms at their sides.
      They often have that measurement for anyone who goes through the combine.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        They often have that measurement for anyone who goes through the combine.
        But I'm saying they should list it more frequently as a standard 'stat', as its actually more relevant than just "Height".

Comment

But I'm saying they should list it more frequently as a standard 'stat', as its actually more relevant than just "Height".
          Right...I guess I also meant to imply is that it's not always available. Some players, especially internationally who don't get the chance to make it to the predraft combine, don't have that measured ever.

Maybe they just need to make it so that both are standard. After all they tell you different things. And one is not more relevant than the other. Reach can tell you more about length. Height can teach you more about centre of gravity (ie ability to impose yourself physically on shorter opponents, obviously assuming you fill out your frame).

So you can't just go on reach. A guy could give up an inch on reach, but have two inches in height on another guy. If he's not a stick, he should be able to lean on his opponent, and handle him physically in a way that makes it hard for the longer player to effectively use his reach.

I'm glad for the diversity of measurements, as all tell you different things. But I do agree with you that I wish they listed all these things and not just height.

Comment

• 20Jerami GrantToronto Raptors (48 - 34)COLLEGE: SyracuseHT: 6-8WT: 203POS: SF
            Analysis: Grant is another upside pick. Blessed with elite length and athletic ability and a motor that always keeps him in plays, Grant was a jump shot away from being a lottery pick. The Raptors could use the help behind DeMar DeRozan at the 3.
            Dont if anyone added this. Mock draft came out a week ago so im guessing someone has.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Dont if anyone added this. Mock draft came out a week ago so im guessing someone has.
              Ah yes, Grant...I actually meant to post this a couple of days ago. Reminds me a lot of MKG

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                Saric and DeRozan on the wings could be a very good combination
                If you want slow footed defenders who can't space the floor... Sure.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  If you want slow footed defenders who can't space the floor... Sure.
                  Was under the impression saric was a good shooter. Don't see why he can't be a chandler parsons type in the nba or even better. Similar frame, versatile in the sense that he rebounds and passes extremely well for his position. And is actually more athletic than parsons and younger than he was when he entered.

True sf that I think would fit nicely

Comment

• http://thebiglead.com/2014/04/26/ken...brooklyn-nets/

Rihanna cause a stir on the Internet Friday night as she sat courtisde at the Nets – Raptors game in Brooklyn. As many people discovered upon close inspection, Rihanna wasn’t wearing a bra. Some people looked to the side to discover that James Young, the Kentucky freshman who recently declared for the NBA Draft, was sitting right next to Rihanna. Young must be taking a break before finals start.

Hahhahhaha

Pics in link for the perves and Rihanna fans among us.

Comment

• Ive avoided bringing him up before because of the eery similarity to Andrea Bargnani. Have no choices now that Draftexpress has him as 23rd best prospect in this draft now, on his big board. Ladies and gentlemen Kristaps Porzingis.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 09:55 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Don't know why "6'10" with a 6'10" Wingspan" jumps out at me so much ... suppose we're spoiled in North America with long arms?
                        JV, AK47 and Pau say hi!

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          JV, AK47 and Pau say hi!
                          LOL Pfft, JVs got a 7'4" Wingspan; and just looking at AK, I'd guess his is at least slightly longer than he is tall.

If you check out this link (not sure what language the website is in, but the content is English) ... I believe they are ranking the Top 10 International Prospects for this years Draft; most have wingspan listed. Saric is the only one that comes in with TRex arms.

Whoops, never posted link... LOL
                          http://www.hoops.co.il/?p=27828
                          Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 30, 2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

LOL Pfft, JVs got a 7'4" Wingspan; and just looking at AK, I'd guess his is at least slightly longer than he is tall.

If you check out this link (not sure what language the website is in, but the content is English) ... I believe they are ranking the Top 10 International Prospects for this years Draft; most have wingspan listed. Saric is the only one that comes in with TRex arms.
                            AK47's wingspan is ginormous, or at least it looks that way. His elbows look like they'd bruise his own hips if he isn't careful.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Whoops, never posted link... LOL
                              http://www.hoops.co.il/?p=27828
                              You can't be serious, ak47 is one of the longest guys in the league. His length is freakish!

Edit- Wait a sec, I think you're misreading me..I was jokingly responding to your "spoilt for length in North America" comment with a random selection of long limbed euro dudes . Anyway this discussion can end now, my bad!!!
                              Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Apr 30, 2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                                You can't be serious, ak47 is one of the longest guys in the league. His length is freakish!

Edit- Wait a sec, I think you're misreading me..I was jokingly responding to your "spoilt for length in North America" comment with a random selection of long limbed euro dudes . Anyway this discussion can end now, my bad!!!
                                Ohhhhhhhhh .... HAH! Tis my bad sir! Definitely thought you were pointing to other TRex-armed players.

Comment

Working...
                                X