Page 185 of 337 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote buckets wrote: View Post
    Can definitely see Masai trading down in what looks to be a deep draft. I think giving up multiple assets to reach for unproven talent would be a mistake but we'll see what happens on draft night, I'm already excited! Need some new raptor news in my life haha
    Well if those assets are Hansbrough, Salmons, Buycks, etc....and maybe using a TPE (Raptors have a $4.5M and a $1.2M exception from the Gay and Bargs trades respectively), while also possibly swapping a pick or two in the draft so you maybe even get an extra 1st rounder...that's not at all a mistake.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's really not that simple. Most guys who are absolutely terrible shooters never become decent. This isn't like minor changes such as what Jose needed (some flaws in form but fairly easily correctable), this is like major reconstructive surgery on the guy's jumper. You might have to give him a severe blow to the head so he literally forgets everything he knew about shooting because remembering anything of his old form can affect making any progress.

Seriously, Grant's shot is a truly ugly one. I can't think of an instance of a guy with a shot that bad who became passable at it. It's very very far from a given that it could ever happen, and would be the exception to the rule.
    Maybe he could like switch shooting hands and just learn from scratch. I don't, I feel like he could getting at least a passable mid range shot, he has too much potential to give up. Is he a good slasher if so he would look great next to ross
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Maybe he could like switch shooting hands and just learn from scratch. I don't, I feel like he could getting at least a passable mid range shot, he has too much potential to give up. Is he a good slasher if so he would look great next to ross
    He's a good slasher, great in transition and good defender

His offense is horrible loool he needs to reconstruct his jumpshot and take 500 shots a day
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    He's a good slasher, great in transition and good defender

His offense is horrible loool he needs to reconstruct his jumpshot and take 500 shots a day
    if you can survive though rudy gay and andrea bargnani, you can survive 500 shots from grant
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

if you can survive though rudy gay and andrea bargnani, you can survive 500 shots from grant
    500 shots ain't shit. He'll need to take about 2000 jumpers a day I think to have a hope of becoming decent. Maybe more.

Post Thanks / Like

500 shots ain't shit. He'll need to take about 2000 jumpers a day i think to have a hope of becoming decent. Maybe more.
    MKG 2.0 Book it.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    MKG 2.0 Book it.
    At least Grant isn't getting picked #2

Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if those assets are Hansbrough, Salmons, Buycks, etc....and maybe using a TPE (Raptors have a $4.5M and a $1.2M exception from the Gay and Bargs trades respectively), while also possibly swapping a pick or two in the draft so you maybe even get an extra 1st rounder...that's not at all a mistake.
    If we can move up from simply swapping the players and the TPE you listed then its no brainer and if the raptors get that opportunity they'd be crazy not to make that deal. However I was referring to people looking to give up a combination of assets like next years picks, ross, derozan to move up to 10-15 range. Although I'd love to be able to grab james young who is around that range hahaha I still think it'd be a mistake to give up any 2 of our real assets to do it
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote buckets wrote: View Post
    If we can move up from simply swapping the players and the TPE you listed then its no brainer and if the raptors get that opportunity they'd be crazy not to make that deal. However I was referring to people looking to give up a combination of assets like next years picks, ross, derozan to move up to 10-15 range. Although I'd love to be able to grab james young who is around that range hahaha I still think it'd be a mistake to give up any 2 of our real assets to do it
    Yeah, I agree, and I don't see Ujiri giving up any core assets to move up. The higher picks are likely unavailable or far too costly. The ones in the 10-15 range are also probably not that much better than what we're getting at 20, and still a longshot to be better than any asset(s) we'd give up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I know he shoots from like the left side of his body while being right handed it's weird how the fuck he picked that up.

But the nba shooting coaches are amazing and I'm sure they could teach him like at least a midrange shot. He would look good in a lineup of lowry ross grant Patterson Jv. You got spacing defence and an inside presence
    That lineup is gonna have a hella difficult time scoring the ball. You have one guy who can create a shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

No interest in Grant.

Some people are gonna disagree with this, but I'd rather have an all-offense/no-defense player than an all-defense/no-offense player. Most NBA teams do not have 5 dominant scorers on the floor at once, so you can usually hide a guy or two defensively. Unfortunately, you cannot hide a no-offense player unless they are an elite passer/cutter, it would kill our ball-movement. Hard to move the ball effectively when the defense knows they don't have to defend one guy. Plus Grant at the 3 would mean having a guy on the floor who the defense isnt' going to extend past 15 feet to guard. That's a problem.

12. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would you trade key assets and resign Lowry. I just don't understand the logic . Masai wants a tougher backup center- Perkins fits that roll. Hansborough , Buycks, Decolo, stone+ AB TPE totals 7.8 million( $9.3 for Perkins).

Salmons+ Amir Johnson + TPE for Gay (18.5 ) = David Lee + Harrison Barnes

KLowry, DD, Barnes, Lee, JV
    Vasquez, 1st pick, TRoss, Patterson ,Perkins
    1st round pick (OKC) , Novak , Hayes, Fields , 2nd Round ( PG - Russ Smith or Clarkson).

2015/16- Next year 21.5 million lopped off the cap. Would you rather resign Aj or Perkins, as a bench reserve.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Why would you trade key assets and resign Lowry. I just don't understand the logic . Masai wants a tougher backup center- Perkins fits that roll. Hansborough , Buycks, Decolo, stone+ AB TPE totals 7.8 million( $9.3 for Perkins).

Salmons+ Amir Johnson + TPE for Gay (18.5 ) = David Lee + Harrison Barnes

KLowry, DD, Barnes, Lee, JV
    Vasquez, 1st pick, TRoss, Patterson ,Perkins
    1st round pick (OKC) , Novak , Hayes, Fields , 2nd Round ( PG - Russ Smith or Clarkson).

2015/16- Next year 21.5 million lopped off the cap. Would you rather resign Aj or Perkins, as a bench reserve.
    Why would GSW do that? They're rumoured to be going after Love with Lee + other assets...why would they settle just for Amir Johnson? For David Lee and Harrison Barnes? That's an atrocious deal for them.

Raptors Republic Rookie buckets's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree, and I don't see Ujiri giving up any core assets to move up. The higher picks are likely unavailable or far too costly. The ones in the 10-15 range are also probably not that much better than what we're getting at 20, and still a longshot to be better than any asset(s) we'd give up.
    exactly. Thats what intrigues me about trading down because is the 25-30ish range really such downgrade then our current 20 in a draft like this? The New England patriots(I hate them but they are one of the best managed teams in sports) are notorious for this and even though its a completely different sport, this years draft is kind of similar to a NFL draft in that you can get great value and production from a late first round/early second pick. I'm not sure what could get in return for #20 but getting an asset and still being able to draft someone like early, mcgary or whoever would be great
    "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would GSW do that? They're rumoured to be going after Love with Lee + other assets...why would they settle just for Amir Johnson? For David Lee and Harrison Barnes? That's an atrocious deal for them.
    Actually that is a 2 steps ahead type of move for GSW. Love has already expressed his love to play for GSW! With salmons and Amirs contracts up, and Love being 2015 FA that will give GSW plenty of room to go after him all the whole using Amir as a short term replacement for Lee (defensive upgrade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    Actually that is a 2 steps ahead type of move for GSW. Love has already expressed his love to play for GSW! With salmons and Amirs contracts up, and Love being 2015 FA that will give GSW plenty of room to go after him all the whole using Amir as a short term replacement for Lee (defensive upgrade)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's never a good sign when you're giving up more assets than you're getting back.

First off, there is literally no reason whatsoever for them to include Barnes in that deal. None.*EDIT: At the very least if the deal had any chance, it very likely would not include Barnes. And if it didn't, not sure Toronto cares to make that deal. They'd lose some D, and more importantly, one of their leaders on that end, for an offensive player...they'd have to totally reform their identity. That's a tough sell.

Second off, they can probably get more useful return for Lee. In fact, the big spot they have more trouble with is C because of Bogut's constant injury issues. They could probably get better return even if they want to get some cap relief for 2015 to chase Love.

It's still just a terrible deal. Shedding two of your best assets for the hope that the cap space you get back will help you get a guy that maybe half the league will be targeting next summer.

They have a year to make a deal to get rid of Lee that would net them or help them pursue Love. There's gotta be something better than that.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon May 26th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

18. Like ball4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    That lineup is gonna have a hella difficult time scoring the ball. You have one guy who can create a shot.
    its the same as now except derozan isnt there. this is a unit with 2 bench players on it, im pretty sure they could tear up other teams bench units
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Put GV in instead of Lowry? That could have some shot creation.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Put GV in instead of Lowry? That could have some shot creation.
    lol what?

Lowry can create better then GV

GV shoots x1000 when he's in

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    lol what?

Lowry can create better then GV

GV shoots x1000 when he's in
    maybe throw big balls in for ross. 2 pg linup with defense and spacing and interior presence
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Thread Information