Page 186 of 337 FirstFirst ... 86 136 176 184 185 186 187 188 196 236 286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 6734

Thread: The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love when a person says they can get a better deal , GSW will not trade in conference . So where do you trade Lee to unload salary . Lee is not going to be picked up by himself . Very few teams have room and Kerr is not buying a player that slows Splash City. Philadelphia, Orlando . Please provide another team in the East that GSW can receive a 10.5 million opening in salary, with a TPE plus 6 million savings plus a starting PF on a one year contract.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
    Love when a person says they can get a better deal , GSW will not trade in conference . So where do you trade Lee to unload salary . Lee is not going to be picked up by himself . Very few teams have room and Kerr is not buying a player that slows Splash City. Philadelphia, Orlando . Please provide another team in the East that GSW can receive a 10.5 million opening in salary, with a TPE plus 6 million savings plus a starting PF on a one year contract.
    Well, considering they actually NEED an inside presence to run their halfcourt O, where without a pivot in the post it becomes really hard to get quality opportunities on the perimeter. None of their perimeter players are particularly good inside players either, so they can't run it out of Iggy or Thompson.

Trading for Boozer would give them a much better offensive fit than Amir, and clear off plenty of capspace. *Would Chicago do it? Maybe after they don't get Melo, and maybe want to give something like that a try. Heck, if GSW includes Barnes, Chicago may send them both their 1st round picks this year, who would be on cheap deals and could be very nice assets for GSW.

If they're willing to give up Barnes, they could also consider picking up Bass and Green from Boston. Bass is a solid all around player, and Green would give them a more consistent version of what they hope to get from Barnes. And again, they'd clear off plenty of capspace. (obviously assuming that if Green has a decent season he opts out to sign a new deal)

Cleveland is always a wildcard, because they're desperate to make the playoffs. A deal starting with Varejao and Thompson for Lee and possibly Barnes would give them a young PF, a veteran F/C (if they choose to keep him next year)...Thompson would be a RFA, but if they know Love is interested and says he'll go there if they can clear space, they probably don't care about renouncing his rights, and if they can find the space without doing that, they can re-sign a young athletic big to backup/pair with Love.

Orlando could easily put together a package for Lee. Especially if capspace is the key. This would include next offseason, where Orlando could trade a TPE covering all of Lee's contract, and Orlando could have plenty of young assets to deal if GSW prefers that (including possibly 2 lottery picks from this year's draft, though I doubt they trade whoever they take at #4).

Those are just random examples off the top of my head. I don't see the incentive to really be attracted to Amir for one year when their backs aren't pressed against the wall to get anything done. They were a good team with Lee, including on D. He was not the problem. The problem was that their other bigs were all injured too much, or were Mareese Speights.

The thing is, if GSW is doing any trade to go after Love, they have no incentive to shed Lee right now for a move they'll make in a year, and lots of things can change between now and then.

*Also, it's hilarious to hear someone criticize the "they can get a better deal" thing and then say the "will not trade in own conference" thing. It happens. It's not common, but it does happen.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue May 27th, 2014 at 12:13 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Windmill @1:38 OMG

I DONT TRUST PEOPLE WHO WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

He actually looks pretty good lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    He actually looks pretty good lol
    Why are you saying that like it's surprising?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post

Followed by the easiest between the legs I've ever seen, followed by a 360... Dude is freakish. But we knew that already. I would've wanted to see a bit more of his jump shot. Which did look decent in this video.

Quote imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    I'm actually pretty surprised by this video. While its easy to find a few shots that he hit in a workout, most of them were 3 in a row from distance. The form on his shot is ugly though. I'm a little less against drafting him after seeing this. And these videos very rarely ever sway me.
    In Masai we Trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shot form is ugly, but his release is perfect. He has shooter's touch if you look at the rotation on the basketball when it leaves his hands, and his release is very quick.

Has all the makings of being an elite shooter in the NBA. K-Mart has an ugly shot too (even uglier than LaVine's... by a lot actually) but is a career 38.5% shooter from the arc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LaVine is my 1st choice amongst the "realistic prospects" (i.e. guys that can fall out of the top-10/lottery and could be drafted outright or traded up for without too much difficulty). Tons of upside. Already has an NBA skill with his three-point shooting ability, and has freakish athleticism (would it be a stretch to say that he's more athletic than DeRozan AND Ross... easily?)

I'd like to get him and groom him in a combo role behind Lowry. Basically taking Vasquez's spot. I think his elite lateral quickness gives him more potential as a defender too. I like the idea of sticking him on the John Walls and Russell Westbrooks of the world cause he looks to be one of the few guys who can match their explosiveness and quickness.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Another physical imposing player at PF. Starting to get pretty obvious what kind of PF Masai and Casey want next to Jv
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

LaVine is interesting as a SG prospect, and a little scary as a PG prospect. I consider his length and athleticism elite at PG, but he doesn't have the passing instincts to play the position. At SG, he's a little small, though he could make up for it with his crazy athleticism. And he CAN shoot, so that's always a plus. If you're looking to move DD and run Ross/Lavine with Lavine taking some spot backup PG minutes, I could see that. A lot of defensive potential there.

If you see him as a SG, I'm on board. If you are hoping for PG production from him, I'm a little wary.

11. Like OldSkoolCool, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really intrigued by LaVine but I just read somewhere that he likes taking those long 2's to avoid contact in the paint. Sounds familiar.. and if this is true I'd pass on him personally.

Athleticism is great and all.. but if you only use it for wide open dunks than what's the point?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I really like LaVine and would be pretty thrilled if he fell to us with the 20th pick. I don't think he'll be there though because freak atheletes are really attractive because they will always have an edge over the competition. It's just a matter of getting them to conrol their abilities. John Wall is a great example of this because he always has a speed and quickness edge, and this year he really started to blossom after showing he can control those abilities.

All the best players in the league are in some way freak atheletes and have an edge over their competition (centres are the exception sometimes). That's why I'm not so excited about some of the names I'm hearing that we may draft. They have a chance at being solid but not usually exceptional.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Actually I really like LaVine and would be pretty thrilled if he fell to us with the 20th pick. I don't think he'll be there though because freak atheletes are really attractive because they will always have an edge over the competition. It's just a matter of getting them to conrol their abilities. John Wall is a great example of this because he always has a speed and quickness edge, and this year he really started to blossom after showing he can control those abilities.

All the best players in the league are in some way freak atheletes and have an edge over their competition (centres are the exception sometimes). That's why I'm not so excited about some of the names I'm hearing that we may draft. They have a chance at being solid but not usually exceptional.
    That's not true. Maybe most, but not "all".

Steph Curry, Kevin Love, Melo, Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Dirk, etc. None of these guys are freak athletes (or even above-average ones by NBA standards for the most part)

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Lavine do that in a set with someone on him then I will be impressed. The kid hates contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I want to see Lavine do that in a set with someone on him then I will be impressed. The kid hates contact

To test his athleticism, he must dunk on a Manimal!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

17. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not true. Maybe most, but not "all".

Steph Curry, Kevin Love, Melo, Aldridge, Al Jefferson, Dirk, etc. None of these guys are freak athletes (or even above-average ones by NBA standards for the most part)
    Fair enough. I was thinking along the lines of the elite players of the league, but yes there are plenty of good players without the freakish atheletecism. I just think it's a feature that people look for on draft day, but what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    To test his athleticism, he must dunk on a Manimal!
    Was it me, or were all of his ball-handling in sets heavily right hand dominant?

There's no one there to defend and yet kid barely dribbled the ball with his left.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A player dunking when no one is around doesn't impress me. Why couldn't he use that athleticism to be more productive?

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

I've just heard a lot of negatives about him that's why. But I'm going to try my best to take this video with a grain of salt. If it's true that he hates contact then this video does nothing to help that case because no one is guarding him

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup we need to focus on making smart, long-term moves. Tired of BC-era, swing for the fences on an average player only to screw the team over long-term (JO trade cost us Hibbert, Hedo signing killed our cap, etc)

Going out and splurging on a Luol Deng or Trevor Ariza because Ross and DeRozan couldn't guard Joe Johnson would be incredibly short-sighted and foolish.

Draft a SF or get a cheap vet like Carter. Or maybe a cheap young guy like Aminu.
    Tired of BC-era too, but I hope you know BC already promised Batum before he traded to pick away to IND. IND basically told TOR to pick Hibbert for them.

Thread Information